Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? (16091 Views)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by pendusky(m): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
I Just got a call that there's a Riot Going on now in Uniuyo Main Campus!

Can Any one Confirm?

(As at 6pm) At last i jst received a call from a friend, what i heard is that the social science students are protesting for school mgt shifting most of their courses to permanent sites which is about 20mins drive from the main campus yet school buses are not available for them. That means they need to pay extra 200 naira to and fro everyday to the permanent campus for most of their lectures.

Am told VC office has been burned down, police throwing teargas and two student killed...

Will update the post as i get the latest development.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Infamous(m): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
Yes. The riot is on. The hostels have been evacuated of the students.

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by SincereBigot: 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
chai
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by metti(m): 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
pendusky: I Just got a call that there's a Riot Going on now in Uniuyo Main Campus!

Can Any one Confirm?

Yes it is true. I just called my sister that schools there. Learnt two people were killed and the VC office burnt.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by mascot87(m): 7:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
As the president changed the name of the university to Mauyo? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by metti(m): 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
tongue tongue
mascot87: As the president changed the name of the university to Mauyo? undecided

What has this your comment got to do with the on going riot? Must you comment?

3 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by iyke648(m): 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
na wa o. 2nd 2 comment. Dancing alingo
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by ITbomb(m): 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
One down
I heard that the School has been closed indefinitely
When will police stop shooting at students
Where is Ombatse when u need them
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Chregor(m): 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
Yes oo, but still haven't got the details.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by tellwisdom: 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
Does UYO have university?? sad
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by SamConquer(m): 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
iyke648: na wa o. 2nd 2 comment. Dancing alingo
After You Dance Alingo Finish,Try Look Well Again whether You Be Second.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Lordsocrates: 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
I saw sum1 go down unda d weight of a bulet, saw d shock in his eyes,d disbelieve dat d civil defence guys shot 2 kil, so bad d guy died. it wasnt 2much dat we askd 4, jus d resumption of d school bus service, dt caried student 4rm main camp to permanent site. it was al peaceful until sum triga hapi policemen showed up.. rip 2 dem falen tuskerz aluta continua victoria ascerta.

5 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by dabrake(m): 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
its true. we've shut down
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by jerryub(m): 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Uniuyo nawa o
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Owodiong(m): 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
hope is not cultist riot undecided
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by nextdoorpal: 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
Yep.. Two buildings have been torched including the Vice Chancellor's office; really bad, considering the rascality meted out by d Nigerian Police towards the students..
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by ebamma3: 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by nijanigga: 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nigerians won't stage revolution,but revolution is staging Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
Yes o,i run komot from school,police and security operatives are al around d roads 4rm nwaniba,to oron road,to plaza,at ikpa road,ikot ekpene road.No keke napep 4 road o,strike is calling,the riot is 1 of the dirtiest av eva seen.God help us o.

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by metti(m): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
tellwisdom: Does UYO have university?? sad

Ask NEPA!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Lordsocrates: 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
I rememba wen we use to sing.koro Abasi imaha owo ndi wod eyen ufok nwed...

4 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by mascot87(m): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
metti: tongue tongue

What has this your comment got to do with the on going riot? Must you comment?
And what is your business if I choose to comment or not? And must you comment on my comment?

3 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Marineetyon(m): 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
My uniuyo!!! My alma mata i cry for thee.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Yenex(f): 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
I dont really know if its because mrs Comfort Ekpo is childless dats why she is doing this now Enameti is gone never to come back because he was expressing himself...wish this crazy police we just allow us 2 get our things and go home especially ma credentials.. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by sagytariusTM1: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
UniOyu or UniUyo? Which?

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by ekwerendi(m): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
it's true am treaking from oron rd to down down Abak rd
just returning from work now
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Wendyphil(f): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
What a pity!! May the souls of the deceased RIP.This is the sole reason i stay away from riots cos i don't want to be a victim.

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Brimmie(m): 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Oga At The Top Must Be Very Mad Right Now At The Civil Defense Corps!!

Blame GEJ For Ds!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Lordsocrates: 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
It is a pity dat police culd shoot tear gases in2 d female hostel, causin tramplin n stampede as evri1 aimed 4 d door 2 go out in1 piece. Wen d civil defence are on d offence, shootin guns n tear gases at random. Whr do we run to ?
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Les: 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
Owodiong: hope is not cultist riot undecided
it has noting to do with cultism, if you come to uniuyo and its environs, u'll see a massive smoke, alot of places have been burnt down, dat student above was truly killed by d police. It was a peaceful protest till DAT BARTADS OF A NIGERIAN POLICE RETARDS SHOT AN INNOCENT PROTESTING STUDENTS the riot escalated to other parts of uyo and everybody was running, you'll tink dat it's war.... Only God knew dat if I didn't have an elderly relative in uyo here and I have a gun of my own, I promise dat dead guy dat i'll revenge his death with not less than 5police men's life. I HATE 9JA, I HATE THERE POLICE, I HATE THERE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM, I HATE WHY AM A NIGERIAN. And as I type this, i just heard 12gunshots, the students have no gun, it's from d police killing innocent students.... I swear, some ppl will burn more than others in hell!

5 Likes

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Kingslaw(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Kingslaw(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
RIP to the dead!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-OOU VC, Tunji Oyeneye Dies At 67, With Remains Buried Yesterday. / Anambra, Enugu, Lagos Produce Best Pupils In NECO Common Entrance Exam / WAEC Result: Meaning Of Held, Witheld, Outstanding Or No Result Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.