Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? (16111 Views)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Yenex: I dont really know if its because mrs Comfort Ekpo is childless dats why she is doing this now Enameti is gone never to come back because he was expressing himself...wish this crazy police we just allow us 2 get our things and go home especially ma credentials.. embarassed
as in,dat woman done chop money 3much,i no sabi watin she dey use our skulfees do.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by pendusky(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
tellwisdom: Does UYO have university?? sad
Uniuyo Its a Federal Univesity one of the best in Nigeria, they have a State own university, a polytechnic, COE, Colege of Art and Science, 3 Private poly, a Private University(Obong University)...etc

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Inik(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
True there has been a serious riot in my alma mata today.

Mods pls its UniUyo not UniOyu
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by ogejov(f): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
it is true the riot is very hot here, no keke, police doing what they are know for here in Nigeria. may the soul of the students that die rest in peace
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by nenergy(m): 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
seriously?! senseless question!

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by DynamicGod: 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
Oh my Uniuyo! My Alma-mata na wa o. May God not 4give Prof. Comfort Ekpo for her poor leadership style in that very school. Prof. Akaneren Essien, u remained d best VC Uniuyo has ever had. Rip to d deceased.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by realitiescom(m): 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
pendusky: I Just got a call that there's a Riot Going on now in Uniuyo Main Campus!

Can Any one Confirm?

(As at 6pm) At last i jst received a call from a friend, what i heard is that the social science students are protesting for school mgt shifting most of their courses to permanent sites which is about 20mins drive from the main campus yet school buses are not available for them. That means they need to pay extra 200 naira to and fro everyday to the permanent campus for most of their lectures.

Am told VC office has been burned down, police throwing teargas and two student killed...

That very true

Will update the post as i get the latest development.

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by nenergy(m): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
DynamicGod: Akaneren Essien, u remained d best VC Uniuyo has ever had. Rip to d deceased.
I agree 1000%
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Yenex(f): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
Emmadani: as in,dat woman done chop money 3much,i no sabi watin she dey use our skulfees do.
Emmadani: as in,dat woman done chop money 3much,i no sabi watin she dey use our skulfees do.
i no knw who i go say make God purnish..pikin she no get if not i for say mak karma visit her pikin.if i say mak God purnish her husband but she no go send the husband cha cha...dnt av much 2 say dan 'ABASI SE DO O KUYAK NMO ABO EMEM'
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by doofanc: 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
Les: it has noting to do with cultism, if you come to uniuyo and its environs, u'll see a massive smoke, alot of places have been burnt down, dat student above was truly killed by d police. It was a peaceful protest till DAT BARTADS OF A NIGERIAN POLICE RETARDS SHOT AN INNOCENT PROTESTING STUDENTS the riot escalated to other parts of uyo and everybody was running, you'll tink dat it's war.... Only God knew dat if I didn't have an elderly relative in uyo here and I have a gun of my own, I promise dat dead guy dat i'll revenge his death with not less than 5police men's life. I HATE 9JA, I HATE THERE POLICE, I HATE THERE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM, I HATE WHY AM A NIGERIAN. And as I type this, i just heard 12gunshots, the students have no gun, it's from d police killing innocent students.... I swear, some ppl will burn more than others in hell!

guy take an easy o!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by realitiescom(m): 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
pendusky: I Just got a call that there's a Riot Going on now in Uniuyo Main Campus!

Can Any one Confirm?

(As at 6pm) At last i jst received a call from a friend, what i heard is that the social science students are protesting for school mgt shifting most of their courses to permanent sites which is about 20mins drive from the main campus yet school buses are not available for them. That means they need to pay extra 200 naira to and fro everyday to the permanent campus for most of their lectures.

Am told VC office has been burned down, police throwing teargas and two student killed...

Will update the post as i get the latest development.

That very true !

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Pstsmith(m): 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
You guys should stop giving fake news
The reason for the riot is the increase of bus fair from 50NGN to 100NGN from town camp at ikpa road to main camp off nwaniba for engeneering and science students. whc will amount to 200NGN per day and its too much dats y we protested n stoped lectures for today and behold the police who were calm at first started throwing 'tear' gas...dats the story, death have not been confirmed yet.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by nenergy(m): 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
I have heard lots of things about that VC of a woman. Many thought things will 'improve' because she's a woman, but the reverse has been the case so far. There something 'sinister' about women in power. I.e Magereth Thatcher
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Emmy9ite(m): 7:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
It's really bad down here. School has been closed indefinitely.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Lordsocrates: 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
Facts of d case_the schol hs 2 camps main camp and permanent site, d enginerin students n science student stay at d permenent site, bt ownin 2 accumudatn n problems sum do stay at d main camp n fomaly d skol had a fed govt bus dat did take studnt to n fro, bt diz semsta, d bus service was stoped student had to spend mr dn 200 to n fro, in frustration d protested cariyin placadz calin 4 d resumption of d bus service, d blocked d road leadin to d skol, d vice chancelor instead of dialogin wid d studnts cal d police army n al force available, d triga hapi guys started shootin guns n teargas at random. I saW 1 studnt bleed 2 death 4rm a gunshot wound, afta d death of d studnt, d skol went down...bck to d state of nature..
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by imsuboi(m): 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
I heard they've burnt down the VC's office
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Chinwem(f): 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
Les: it has noting to do with cultism, if you come to uniuyo and its environs, u'll see a massive smoke, alot of places have been burnt down, dat student above was truly killed by d police. It was a peaceful protest till DAT BARTADS OF A NIGERIAN POLICE RETARDS SHOT AN INNOCENT PROTESTING STUDENTS the riot escalated to other parts of uyo and everybody was running, you'll tink dat it's war.... Only God knew dat if I didn't have an elderly relative in uyo here and I have a gun of my own, I promise dat dead guy dat i'll revenge his death with not less than 5police men's life. I HATE 9JA, I HATE THERE POLICE, I HATE THERE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM, I HATE THAT AM A NIGERIAN And as I type this, i just heard 12gunshots, the students have no gun, it's from d police killing innocent students.... I swear, some ppl will burn more than others in hell!

Wow........speechless. Take heart! embarassed
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by demelza: 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
Saw guyz looting stuffs from the VC's office including rugs and computers. Left some minutes ago with the aid of Victory Chapel's bus. Couldnt finish packing, just took my credentials and some change of clothes. Its really terrible.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Inik(m): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
From what i gathered the riot began as a protest by engineering students protesting against the monetization of the school bus shuttle. The school moved the engineering faculty and the faculty of sciences from the town campus to the permanent site at Nsukara offot. The distance between the two locations is very far. Before now the school provides buses that shuttles between the two campuses of the university and the bus service is free for all students. Now this morning the students woke up to the announcement that a fee of 100 naira has been fixed for the bus services. This angered the students and they came out for a peaceful protest.
The authorities of the school brought in policemen to break up the protest. Now we all know how our Nigerian policemen always use disproportionate force against unarmed protesters especially students, so they started firing teargas from their cannisters, this led to the students turning violent and they started hurling whatever objects they could lay their hands on at the police and blocked all the entrances and exits locations in the school, this led to the escalation of the crises. The police fired live ammunition at the students.
Now the office of the Vc has been burned down, nearby buildings have been burned down, the school gate has been burned down and at least one student has been killed. The school has been closed down indefinitely.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Chinwem(f): 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
Inik: From what i gathered the riot began as a phear its engineering students protesting against the monetization of the school bus shuttle. The school moved the engineering faculty and the faculty of sciences from the town campus to the permanent site at Nsukara offot. The distance between the two locations is ery far. Before now the school provides buses that shuttles between the two campuses of the university and the bus service is free for all students. Now this morning the students woke up to the announcement that a fee of 100 naira has been fixed for the bus services. This angered the students and they came out for a peaceful protest.
The authorities of the school brought in policemen to break up the protest. Now we all know how our Nigerian policemen always use disproportionate force against unarmed protesters especially students, so they started firing teargas from their cannisters, this led to the student turning violent and they started hurling whatever objects they could lay their hands on at the police and blocked all the entrances and exits locations in the school, this led to the escalation of the crises. The police fired live bullets at the students.
Now the office of the Vc has been burned down, nearby buildings have been burned down, the school gate has been burned down and at least one student has been killed the school has been closed down indefinitely.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMkwiG7CQAAeCMl.jpg:large[/img]

Well written I must say.........very well written.

RIP to the deceased. Nigerian police..........smh angry

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by tinuolababy(f): 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
aπϑ at Tђξ end of this,students wl b made to pay F♠Я̩̥̊ damages aπϑ swear an affidavit.SMH
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by metti(m): 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
shocked
mascot87:
And what is your business if I choose to comment or not? And must you comment on my comment?

I won't join issues with your type, it is obvious that you are a kid.

1 Like

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by realitiescom(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pstsmith: You guys should stop giving fake news
The reason for the riot is the increase of bus fair from 50NGN to 100NGN from town camp at ikpa road to main camp off nwaniba for engeneering and science students. whc will amount to 200NGN per day and its too much dats y we protested n stoped lectures for today and behold the police who were calm at first started throwing 'tear' gas...dats the story, death have not been confirmed yet.

I saw a student being shot in my very front,and he died on d spot
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by izi2brauz(m): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
ITbomb: One down
I heard that the School has been closed indefinitely
When will police stop shooting at students
Where is Ombatse when u need them

1. I heard one down.
2. Yes, school (UNIUYO) has been closed until the issue on ground is resolved.
3. Police will never stop shooting sporadically because none of them went to school. They were recruited with Primary 6.
4. I havent come across that name "Ombatse" but believe me, things had changed in Nigeria, it have teyd.

Common peaceful protest, police were invited into the matter, and that not enough, they started showing their talent with guns and teargas. Is that how NPF train their recruits? Am happy the VC's office is burnt down. That serves as a warning to her to desist from fighting her own students. I heard she has no issue, that may be the reason why she behaves "strong-head". Good for her. She should be thanking her stars she was not burnt too. Government will fix her office, and dont be surprised that the FG will release trillions of Naira for renovation of VC's office, whereas such amount would have catered for Diesel to fuel the school bus to convey students to permanent site for lectures.

If you cant fight a war to its end, never start it.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by nenergy(m): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
What happens to NYSC mobilization? No batch B for Uniuyo!
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by funkyfrevy(f): 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
Its just so sad. When wuld Nigeria civil defence n d police sector stop recuriting Cultists in their sectors? Its only a develish uniform person that shoot guns in a calm place like d schl.envoironment.just a mere protest frm d students fighting 4 their rights n d next news dat follows is dat pple died as a result of police n civil defence invasion. RIP to d dead but d so called VC who could not handele d suituation by addressing d students tru d STUDENTS UNION GOVT. N d DEAN of student affairs but Cowardly went to d Niaja Assasins calld police shuld b brought to justice.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by mascot87(m): 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
metti: shocked

I won't join issues with your type, it is obvious that you are a kid.
Go to hell Mr man,who care about you?Dont know you and don't wish to cos you suck, see who is an elder? Poor toddler talking like a reasonable goat grin, I advice you to stop d control P combination on your keyboard
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by pendusky(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
More pix.

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by tempest01(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lordsocrates: I rememba wen we use to sing.koro Abasi imaha owo ndi wod eyen ufok nwed...
Akwa Abasi imaha owo ndi wod eyen ufok nwed.
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by fashrola(m): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2013

Your sperms are getting to your head
Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by senrino(m): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
As at 6..Ma alma mata turned to this

Re: Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
hmmm
its really funny here i really witnessed all from the start to now
and to shock you more about 30min ago they raided udi street with 4 hillux where some uniuyo guys camp and got some guys arrested.. . i could see blood traces as i walked down after they had gone.

i will say some deserve what they got coz when we thought it was over they started blocking the roads again casting stone at the police hillux. . .

., . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WAEC Result: Meaning Of Held, Witheld, Outstanding Or No Result Issue / Ex-OOU VC, Tunji Oyeneye Dies At 67, With Remains Buried Yesterday. / ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.