Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls (1445 Views)

Pricing Info Needed: 2nd Hand Laptop With Webcam / New Hp Pavilion Tx1000 Notebookpc For Sale: Webcam, Remote Control: Price 140k / Pls How Do I Configure Cybercafepro!(urgent Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by gongoaso1: 5:04pm On May 06, 2008
Dear people,
I formatted my lappy and lost my webcam driver. Please can anyone on the house tell me how to get the driver back, or incase anyone has the same type of webcam, I ll appreciate your driver, Model is mm 17 wc, hp. its all wrriten on it.
Thanks
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by uspry1(f): 6:54pm On May 06, 2008
Google it on Hewlett Packard to select webcam driver that is all you need to download at your own time without power failure interruption!!!
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by inze(m): 7:20pm On May 06, 2008
You can also check driverguide.com
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by gongoaso1: 2:21pm On May 08, 2008
uspry1:

Google it on Hewlett Packard to select webcam driver that is all you need to download at your own time without power failure interruption!!!

sure thing. done that before the post. returned irrelevant results.
methinks the webcam is "chinko" made. not by hp exactly though it came with the laptop. it was bought in Dubai. Thanks for more solutions
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by TmeD0(m): 4:52pm On May 09, 2008
gongo aso:

Dear people,
I formatted my lappy and lost my webcam driver. Please can anyone on the house tell me how to get the driver back, or incase anyone has the same type of webcam, I ll appreciate your driver, Model is mm 17 wc, hp. its all wrriten on it.
Thanks
Question: Did your notebook come with a Restore CD?  If the answer is yes, your chances of getting your webcam to work is restoring your notebook back to the factory settings.  On the other hand, if the answer is no, then I'm afraid you have a lot of digging to do.  If you can get the exact name and model of the built-in webcam, that would be a good start to help you.  Also, does Windows recognize it in device manager with an exclamation?  If so, try to search for an update online by right-clicking the device shown and select the update driver option.  Good luck.  Peace!
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by Seun(m): 4:54pm On May 09, 2008
It's wrong to suggest using the restore CD and having to re-download gigabytes of windows updates just because of a silly webcam driver. Use the free software known as "astra32" to find out the model of your webcam and go to the manufacturer's website to download the driver. Or better still, post the model of your webcam here and we'll help you find he driver.
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by TmeD0(m): 6:12pm On May 09, 2008
Seun:

It's wrong to suggest using the restore CD and having to re-download gigabytes of windows updates just because of a silly webcam driver. Use the free software known as "astra32" to find out the model of your webcam and go to the manufacturer's website to download the driver. Or better still, post the model of your webcam here and we'll help you find he driver.

No, it's not wrong suggesting using a restore CD if the poster is bent on having the webcam working and especially if the name and model of the webcam in question is unknown.  Given the limited information provided by the poster, it's an alternative solution if not the only one at this point.  If you noticed, I stated that knowing the actual name and model of the webcam will help obtaining the driver for it.  In additon, I did suggest trying to find the driver online via device manager provided Windows recognizes the hardware.  Oh, by the way, astra32 is not free as you stated (free to download though) but Belarc Advisor is free and not only gives a detailed information about your hardware configuration but your software as well.  Just thought I'd let you know.  Peace!
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by Seun(m): 2:49pm On May 10, 2008
Do you know how many weeks of his life would have been lost to system restore if i didn't step in?
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by gongoaso1: 5:44pm On May 10, 2008
Thanks a bunch guys. Never doubted nairaland will sole my probs. I'll send in all details written on the webcam asap.

@T@medo
This driver doesnt come with the recovery cd.
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by TmeD0(m): 10:55pm On May 10, 2008
Seun:

Do you know how many weeks of his life would have been lost to system restore if i didn't step in?
No I don't---maybe you can enlighten me there as you're able to "step in" and saved the day.  More power to you!  Peace!

gongo aso:

Thanks a bunch guys. Never doubted nairaland will sole my probs. I'll send in all details written on the webcam asap.

@T@medo
This driver doesnt come with the recovery cd.

In future, before you format your HD, you might want to consider using a free utility (not a free download) like belarc advisor or something similar to gather your hardware/software information.  Good luck.  Peace!
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by gongoaso1: 8:37am On May 12, 2008
k. what i need to clarify is that the webcam was never installed, its a new lappy, bought in dubai. on opening the pack in naija here, the driver cd of the webcam cracked/or had cracked, all na story. most important is not letting the webcam become useless. the driver is needed. thanks people
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by Seun(m): 9:08am On May 12, 2008
Have you connected the webcam to your PC?
Have you downloaded astra32? Have you installed it?
Have you executed it with your webcam still connected?
Have you found out the name and model of the webcam?

I don't want to see your post until you can answer "yes" to each of these questions.
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by gongoaso1: 12:25pm On May 12, 2008
Seun:

Have you connected the webcam to your PC?
Have you downloaded astra32? Have you installed it?
Have you executed it with your webcam still connected?
Have you found out the name and model of the webcam?

I don't want to see your post until you can answer "yes" to each of these questions.

answers,
1. Pending
2. Yes
3. Pending
4. Pending
5. Pending

cheesy
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by TmeD0(m): 3:33pm On May 12, 2008
gongo aso:

Dear people,
Thanks

gongo aso:

k. what i need to clarify is that the webcam was never installed, its a new lappy, bought in dubai. on opening the pack in naija here, the driver cd of the webcam cracked/or had cracked, all na story. most important is not letting the webcam become useless. the driver is needed. thanks people

Oga gongo aso, which is which?  How you expect people to help you when you dey confuse not only us but yaself now?  Did you really format the notebook's HD or is it a brand new notebook with a broken webcam CD that contains the drivers?  If it's the latter, then you need to test the webcam first and not assume it's not working before you start looking for a driver.  Then use a PC auditing tool to gather your H/W configurations and go look for the driver based on the name and model of your webcam.  Peace!
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by gongoaso1: 8:40pm On May 12, 2008
tamedo
thanks 4 ur help so far. the latter is the case. and webcam is working i.e led indicator shows. dont worry, i ll get the details of the webcam across so u can join me in searching 4 it.
thanks men
Re: Lost Webcam Driver,urgent Pls by TmeD0(m): 12:56am On May 13, 2008
gongo aso:

tamedo
thanks 4 your help so far. the latter is the case. and webcam is working i.e led indicator shows. don't worry, i ll get the details of the webcam across so u can join me in searching 4 it.
thanks men

Glad your webcam's working.  Get the drivers as backup asap before the tin go pafuka!   grin  Peace!

(1) (Reply)

website where you as a nigerian can buy brand new mini laptop for as low as 14k / Question? Nokia C2-00 And The Dual Sim Usage / STOP IKEJA ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION BILL AND USE INVERTER AND SOLAR POWER SUPPLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.