Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

State Of Confusion: Between Samsung Galaxy S2 And Blackberry Torch 2. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / State Of Confusion: Between Samsung Galaxy S2 And Blackberry Torch 2. (842 Views)

The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- / What Is The Difference Between Samsung And Techno Android Phones? / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Confusion: Between Samsung Galaxy S2 And Blackberry Torch 2. by zelexotunla(m): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pls,good people of nairaland, ur candid advice,opinion and suggestion will be highly appreciated,if you could advised in choosing between these two phones with the budget of #30,000. Though, I got one uk used galaxy s2 at this price but not satisfied with its brand which is verizon. Pls wat brand is gud because i was told that verizon always has problem with some network especially etisalat?
Re: State Of Confusion: Between Samsung Galaxy S2 And Blackberry Torch 2. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
Get urself a droid and have max fun
Re: State Of Confusion: Between Samsung Galaxy S2 And Blackberry Torch 2. by zelexotunla(m): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
Thanks for your contribution my broda
Re: State Of Confusion: Between Samsung Galaxy S2 And Blackberry Torch 2. by werlay(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
zelexotunla: Pls,good people of nairaland, ur candid advice,opinion and suggestion will be highly appreciated,if you could advised in choosing between these two phones with the budget of #30,000. Though, I got one uk used galaxy s2 at this price but not satisfied with its brand which is verizon. Pls wat brand is gud because i was told that verizon always has problem with some network especially etisalat?
Verizon in not uk. Its yankee.
Re: State Of Confusion: Between Samsung Galaxy S2 And Blackberry Torch 2. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
zelexotunla: Pls,good people of nairaland, ur candid advice,opinion and suggestion will be highly appreciated,if you could advised in choosing between these two phones with the budget of #30,000. Though, I got one uk used galaxy s2 at this price but not satisfied with its brand which is verizon. Pls wat brand is gud because i was told that verizon always has problem with some network especially etisalat?

First things first, the Galaxy S2 is a much better phone than any Blackberry (apart from the new Z10 and Q10), so if it's a straight choice btw the S2 and Torch 2, then the S2 should be the clear winner. Keep in mind that the greatest (some may say only) advantage of bb over Android which is bbm will soon be available on Android, so other things being equal, you should go Samsung. The S2 has a larger and far better screen, better camera, much more apps available etc.

However, I'd never advise anyone to get a Verizon branded phone. Like someone mentioned above, it's a US network and not a UK network, and more importantly, its not a Gsm network, but a cdma network. There are four major networks/carriers in the US: Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile. Of these four, AT&T are Gsm networks, while the other two are cdma (just like starcomms and visaphone). As a general rule, its always better to get a phone that was primarily designed for a Gsm network, and that's why you see a lot of UK phones in Nigeria (ALL networks in the UK are Gsm).

My advise, get a galaxy S2, not just a Verizon-branded one. Hope this helps.

Ps: I'm not actually saying that you'd run into network troubles with a properly unlocked Verizon phone.

(1) (Reply)

New Nigeria News App For Android / Whatsapp Problem / Is Your Techno Android Genuine? Check It Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.