Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 - Sports (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (103956 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:19am On Jun 24, 2013
Qelvin:
bro if there was any country that seriously supported Ghana in that match,it was Nigeria...you can imagine the sadness that fell on Lagos alone that evening Suarez cheated Ghana...i saw grown up men cry like babies and lay curses on Suarez after that match,many Nigerians did not even care about their rivalry with Ghana at that point... all we wanted was an African team to make history by making the semi-finals of the world cup.
Port-Harcourt was dead silent after the loss. I Know Nigerians suppored Ghana whole Heartedly that day.

It would have been better if they lost fairly but being cheated was bad. Worst part was the boy whose goal was stopped by Suarez hand (Adiyah) went on to miss a penalty.

I doubt Ghanaians will feel the same way if it was Nigeria that lost that way.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by phreakabit(m): 5:41am On Jun 24, 2013
[size=18pt]Good thing we got expossed like this before the world cup proper! Should give us a hint on where and what to fix These guys should reamain and form the core of the Squad:

Mikel,Eyeama,Onazi,Omeruo,Oboabona,Emenike,Echejile,Musa,Oduamadi,Ogu. . . Add anyone from the list below to the team

Ike Uche, Kalu uche,Osaze, Yobo, Ajiboye(GK),Ogbuke,Nsofor,Adeleye,Aniechebe,Ekigo,Nosa,Uchebo,Joel Obi, Ambrose, Mba, Ajagun & Aminu (U21), Haruna Lukman, Odion Ighalo.

I believe we can form a formidable "bench" out of the list above.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by mekano1980: 6:01am On Jun 24, 2013
codeworks: Breaking News: reaching us now Uruguay had been disqualified after scoring more goals against Tahiti, Nigeria now come second position. great news

Dream
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by begwong: 6:02am On Jun 24, 2013
Welcome back home eagles.Atleast we wont be hearing issues about bonus palaver or after match party.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Sniper4real(m): 6:35am On Jun 24, 2013
Naija is d 2nd worst team 4 dis tournament
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by ortopazz(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2013
hmmmm Ghana...
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by ZEALMAN(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2013
Sniper4real: Naija is d 2nd worst team 4 dis tournament

haba...alhaji
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by onyxo76(m): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2013
i followed the comments on this thread before the match even kicked off and i saw so many comments stating that because we beat spain in 1998 we could do it again; possible, but we failed to realize that spain had always been an under achieving football nation not until a few years ago when they won the euro cup and went on to win the world cup and came back to retain the euro cup last year.
this feat should give any nation facing spain the necessary fear associated with facing such a team.We couldn't have done any better and i wasn't surprised that we lost by such a goal margin. nevertheless its a good eye opener for us to make the necessary corrections before the next world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Gamesmart: 7:33am On Jun 24, 2013
Our strikeforce in this tournament is not up to par.

Keshi needs to bring back Yakubu into the SE. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by tunex23: 7:39am On Jun 24, 2013
I respect keshi a lot and I still want him to be there! But I jst wonder why he did not invite Nosa igiebor and Osaze to dis squad, nosa igiebor was one of d most outstandin players last season @ La liga.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by nzeadichie: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Abeg who be dat gambo boko haram
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 7:46am On Jun 24, 2013
tunex23: I respect keshi a lot and I still want him to be there! But I jst wonder why he did not invite Nosa igiebor and Osaze to dis squad, nosa igiebor was one of d most outstandin players last season @ La liga.
I wonder how a player who hardly gets playing time could be one of the most outstanding players. Easy with the lies please.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by caprini: 7:49am On Jun 24, 2013
berem: Upon say sweat soak the jersey, ideye still carry am wear for body? Chai!

Which sweat?how many minutes Torres play.?
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by caprini: 8:00am On Jun 24, 2013
Ajibel: See as Ghanaians just took over this thread jubilating on the loss of their brother! Its really sad we Blacks would remain enemies to ourselves and prefer to lick the buttt of Whites. embarassed Thats why the African continent would always remain as "developing". Ghanaians on this thread need to wise up. Mtchew angry
SOLUTION: Ghana - Nigeria ,for the world cup play off,so this dogfight is settled once and for all.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by kikuyu1(m): 8:01am On Jun 24, 2013
Wow! WTF happened? Ohh,I know. Spain and Uruguay aren't Kenya or Malawi,that's what happened! Whichever way you look at it you were outplayed in every department. You suffered the fate of all pretenders;you're not good enough for this level and came up short,publicly-it could have been worse.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by makahlj2: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2013
The goal Tahiti managed to score was a bad omen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by alex406(m): 8:09am On Jun 24, 2013
We dont have 2 yet. Ambrose looks more like an attacker than a defender. We need players like Osaze,Moses,Martins in that front. Nsofor and Joel Obi as well. Keshi disappointed me with his squad though they had a good game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2013
kikuyu1: Wow! WTF happened? Ohh,I know. Spain and Uruguay aren't Kenya or Malawi,that's what happened! Whichever way you look at it you were outplayed in every department. You suffered the fate of all pretenders;you're not good enough for this level and came up short,publicly-it could have been worse.
Hmmmmm see Kenyan too. Hahahahaha
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by honguqia: 8:15am On Jun 24, 2013
Hopefully someone will get it pretty soon.

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 8:16am On Jun 24, 2013
alex406: We dont have 2 yet. Ambrose looks more like an attacker than a defender. We need players like Osaze,Moses,Martins in that front. Nsofor and Joel Obi as well. Keshi disappointed me with his squad though they had a good game.
With the kind of names you mentioned, you need to update yourself seriously. Did you watch Martins against Kenya in March? Some of you don't watch football you just come to Nairaland to write rubbish. I'm sure you don't know where Martins or Nsofor plays.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by dougivilla(m): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2013
GH Swagg:

The fact that a country like Tahiti scored against the African Champions was a big shame on Africa, a big, big shame!

Oh Naija why, why, why? cry cry cry cry cry
Were they not eleven players apeice? Do you not know that Tahiti came to the competition as champions too? Did'nt Nigeria still go ahead to beat Tahiti convincinly? Can you say the same for Gayna vs BFaso?

With ten men from lowly rated BFaso team and referees' assitance i.e 12 men Vs 10 Bfaso players what was the outcome?

Now we know whose head should buried in shame!!!

My Ghanian brothers make una no go let bad belle for una superior give una running stomach oh! No allow bitterness and hatred give una cardiac arrest aka BP oh!

No be we do am, na God create us to be una oga @ d top direct yor anger and frustration at God u hear?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by tunex23: 8:34am On Jun 24, 2013
mikelreal: whr re u nw
hahahahahahahahaha....d guy don cut out! grin
mikelreal: whr re u nw
hahahahahahahahaha....d guy don cut out!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:55am On Jun 24, 2013
dougivilla: Were they not eleven players apeice? Do you not know that Tahiti came to the competition as champions too? Did'nt Nigeria still go ahead to beat Tahiti convincinly? Can you say the same for Gayna vs BFaso?

With ten men from lowly rated BFaso team and referees' assitance i.e 12 men Vs 10 Bfaso players what was the outcome?

Now we know whose head should buried in shame!!!

My Ghanian brothers make una no go let bad belle for una superior give una running stomach oh! No allow bitterness and hatred give una cardiac arrest aka BP oh!

No be we do am, na God create us to be una oga @ d top direct yor anger and frustration at God u hear?
Sunday Oliseh said that the Pitriopa red card was the worst decision in football history. Yet Ghana still got knocked out. Still they got no shame.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by tunex23: 8:57am On Jun 24, 2013
collynzo2: I wonder how a player who hardly gets playing time could be one of the most outstanding players. Easy with the lies please.
Am not liein despite e has less startin opportunity he comes in often has sub, and he played rili well. Beside dat self Nosa igiebor his by far more technically and physically better dan dat ogude, if u watch him against barca and athletico last season you wil agree wit me. He was one of o dere best players last season not until dat injury against levante ruin is season,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by SailorXY: 9:20am On Jun 24, 2013
Sniper4real: Naija is d 2nd worst team 4 dis tournament
mr man, if you saw other games in this tournament you'll know Nigeria is the best team of all the teams that didnt make it past the group stage. Even if you look at it statistic-wise, you'll arrive at the same conclusion. How many teams have you seen had almost an even possession percentage & completed more passes against Spain? With better finishing in front of goal, Nigeria would have made the final. Yes final. This team is better coordinated than Uruguay, Italy & Brazil. Keshi should work on the attack, this is nice exposure for the boys. So what are you saying

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 9:37am On Jun 24, 2013
tunex23: Am not liein despite e has less startin opportunity he comes in often has sub, and he played rili well. Beside dat self Nosa igiebor his by far more technically and physically better dan dat ogude, if u watch him against barca and athletico last season you wil agree wit me. He was one of o dere best players last season not until dat injury against levante ruin is season,
You said he was one of the most outstanding players in La Liga, that's a lie. He wasn't even one of the most outstanding in his club else he wouldn't be a substitute. Igiebor is not a defensive midfielder so don't compare him with Ogude. Finally remember that Igiebor started our first two matches at AFCON and was the flop of both matches. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by COMPAQ(m): 9:45am On Jun 24, 2013
Who's the guy that scored in that 1-1 draw with Catalunya a few months back? That chap looked very useful upfront.We certainly missed Moses and Emenike, possibly Anichebe also.Even a committed Osaze would be very useful to this team as would the Kalu brothers and Obafemi Martins if they are in form.

We also need support at the right back. A lot of our goals came from that side. Efe was not up to scratch. Echiejile was much better on the left.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by emekax180(m): 11:37am On Jun 24, 2013
:Some interesting facts I just heard on radio about the Nigeria Spain game:
1. For the 1st time in 2yrs, the Spanish Team A met a side that had a ball possession of over 40%. Ball Possession: Spain-58% Nigeria-42%.

2. For the 1st time in 2yrs, the Spanish side met a team that closely matched them in corner kicks. Corner Kicks: Spain-6 Nigeria-5.

3. For the 1st time 2yrs, the Spanish side met a team that had 8 shots on goal, 6 were on target.

4. For the 1st 45mins, Spain met a side that matched their play in the midfield.

5. Jon Mikel Obi played his last two matches[Spain n Uruguay] with a mild fever, and still got a 4/5 match ratings in overall play.

5. A European commentator said "I was amazed that Nigeria cud play Spain for 80mins with two home-based central defenders, and they never disappointed". [Remember that d Local league has no sponsor].

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by naijaboiy: 11:48am On Jun 24, 2013
lindaomoruyi: i have read all d comments.am sorry 4 nigeria football.most of us watch n praise our team sentimentally when we know we dont have a team.all d talk of no moses,emenike ,osazee n martins,dat is y we cant score are all lame excuses.lets tell ourselves d honest truth.even if they were there,d worst will have been a draw.have watched nigeria's 4 matches both SE N U-20,is a pity.what we call football is what we watch every saturday in d so called best league in d world(EPL),kick n run football,no tactics.we need 90mins players dat are technical n skillful nt d people we are parading as players.lets copy spain n germany,lets encourage young boys nt old men dat are claiming 2 b young like mba,obaobona,ideye,musa n d rest 2 numerous 2 mention.if nt we will continue 2 praise half baked players when we know honestly they are nt good.
keep spillin rubbish from ur mouth...why not take up a coachin job insted

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply)

I Just Found An App That Hack All The Vip Betting Tips For Free / Libya Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 2 - 3 (Full Time) / How To Turn #150 Into #4,000,000 This Weekend + (bet9ja Booking Number)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.