Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 - Sports (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (118940 Views)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by 190: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2013
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Lordave: 8:54am On Jun 21, 2013
na my problem with nairaland be this. How Uruguay go win us and they wan make this thread reach 100 pages? Some people self dey talk rubbish join our loss. Everybody just dey provoke me this morning. Make dem close this thread abeg
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2013
"I TOUGHT NIGERIA WILL SEND US PARKING"- Forlan
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by bakynes(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2013
I have said it b4 the tournament started how will keshi expect to beat Spain and Uruguay with such strikers.I wld ve been confident even against spain if Martins,Osaze and Moses were in that squad bt with this team beating spain, it is absolutely IMPOSSICANT.Enyeama needs to be replaced I believe if he was good enough he shd ve @ least put a finger tip on dat shot dat led to d second goal which might ve saved it he doesn't ve sharp reflexes.Musa and Ideye improved bt they were nt good enough to score goals.No doubt this is the end of d road for Nigeria in this tournament bcoz Spain will definitely beat us.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by seunlayi(m): 8:59am On Jun 21, 2013
Keshi only need to modify away forward line and you will start seeing Nigeria defeating highly rated teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by buchito1(m): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2013
bakynes: I have said it b4 the tournament started how will keshi expect to beat Spain and Uruguay with such strikers.I wld ve been confident even against spain if Martins,Osaze and Moses were in that squad bt with this team beating spain, it is absolutely IMPOSSICANT.Enyeama needs to be replaced I believe if he was good enough he shd ve @ least put a finger tip on dat shot dat led to d second goal which might ve saved it he doesn't ve sharp reflexes.Musa and Ideye improved bt they were nt good enough to score goals.No doubt this is the end of d road for Nigeria in this tournament bcoz Spain will definitely beat us.
God forbid!!!!! We wud win spain!!!
Dnt u believe in miracles?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2013
I will not speak for Osaze, but Kalu Uche we need..
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by seunlayi(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2013
bakynes: I have said it b4 the tournament started how will keshi expect to beat Spain and Uruguay with such strikers.I wld ve been confident even against spain if Martins,Osaze and Moses were in that squad bt with this team beating spain, it is absolutely IMPOSSICANT.Enyeama needs to be replaced I believe if he was good enough he shd ve @ least put a finger tip on dat shot dat led to d second goal which might ve saved it he doesn't ve sharp reflexes.Musa and Ideye improved bt they were nt good enough to score goals.No doubt this is the end of d road for Nigeria in this tournament bcoz Spain will definitely beat us.
[size=15pt]that is very certain, spain will defeat us but the coach must adjust on the lessons he has learnt from this tournament. But wait o, even if we qualify as runners-up is it not Brazil the host we are going to faces? grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Policewoman(f): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2013
Super Eagles better start packing their bagz. There is NO WAY we will beat spain, and their is NO WAY Uruguay will not beat TAHITI with a wide margin.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by brownlord: 9:06am On Jun 21, 2013
Abeg who know the state and village where ideye come from?

Very urgent
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by texaco1: 9:09am On Jun 21, 2013
who will like to bet against me?
i say nigeria will either defeat spain or draw.who wants to bet otherwise?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by mmark12(m): 9:10am On Jun 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DNigeria lost grin Nigeria lost
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by sCun: 9:12am On Jun 21, 2013
Ejide should start the next match, Enyeama has turned into a one chance one goal keeper.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by abiolag(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2013
I am proud of d Eagles.Though we lost d match but our boys played well.We could av won or @ least drew d match if not for d 2 useless strikers (Ideye & Musa)
Qudos to d defence guys and Mikel
I think wit tym we will av our real Super Eagles back
I wish to c more of this
UP EAGLES.UP 9JA

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by jpphilips(m): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2013
If Enyeama cant arrange the defense nor position himself properly, i don't see why he cant be benched.
he seems like someone who talks too much, the first goal is not a mistake on his part but total incompetence. the second goal too, though i wasn't expecting him to make a save but if he had positioned properly, it would have forced forlan to make a cross, who knows, we may stand a chance from that point.
the angle was too tight for a shot on goal, Enyeama just forgot where the goal post ended, in a bid to beat a properly positioned Enyeama from that Angle, Forlan would have missed or forced to cross that ball.

Keshi has put together a near replica of the 94 defense and mid field, i was so impressed. kudos to baba keshi.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by class0247: 9:15am On Jun 21, 2013
babz_ynk@yahoo.com:
To be candid, the display of the nigerians speak volume. Almost close to perfection
Musa is not to blame, players losing possesion of ball in midfield is normal. Its Enyeama that is to blame. He has developed this poor positioning habit. Starting from the Tahitian goal to the two goals scored by the Uruguans.
With this display we just need a goal scorer. We are times better than them, they had their scarce chances to score and we play them like underdogs.
Honestly, Keshi is the best we have. Very intellient a coach and he already knows the team problem of the team cos he too was evidently frustrated with Ideye and the correction will come b4 worldcup.
Keshi needs to play other keepers to rival this sinking ENYEAMA

Best comment...you are right
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by ginas: 9:18am On Jun 21, 2013
NIGERIA VS URUGUAY GAME OVERALL ASSESSMENT.

The team is Really improving, atleast they seems to have added something to their game since Keshi took over:
1) perfecting the art of knocking the ball around and stopping the opposition from playing.
2) Learning to choke-up the middle and allow the full backs to overlap.
3) being very comfortable on the ball and overall team play.

LESSONS TO LEARN:

1) Learn to counter attack well.
2) Learn to quickly respond to opposition change of strategy
3) Effective use of set piece
4) Respect their opposition and Keep concentration 100 percent
5) The coach must have a plan B and C if A don't work.
6) This team needs atleast five above exceptional talent to dominate africa for a long time and pose serious competition to the best in the world.

Uruguay was not better but more experienced that is why the won.

The team is inexperience and unexposed to matches of such calibre. I seriously hope they learnt from this.

FINAL NOTE

There is no doubt the team has made tremedeous improvement and I hope this continues for a long time.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by bakynes(m): 9:19am On Jun 21, 2013
buchito1: God forbid!!!!! We wud win spain!!!
Dnt u believe in miracles?

Broda Mr Miracle is sleeping.At this point Nigeria can only Qualify by beating spain and expecting Uruguay to beat Tahiti with just few goals like 2-0,3-0 which is impossible.First,Nigeria can't beat spain and second,Uruguay will beat Tahiti wit a lot of goals so definitely we are out.But I see a future for this team under Keshi, all he needs is to call back a few prolific players like Martins,Osaze and d Uche brothers and the world shd watch out for Nigeria @ Brazil 2014 world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by mmark12(m): 9:19am On Jun 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigeria be learner

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus:

You should ask where Nsofor is first.

Nsofor managed 3 goals in Russian league that the Musa you said he should replace scored 12 goals.

Nigerians don't follow the performance of their players, they just analyse football with performance of 10 years ago.

Nigeria's best strikers this last season

1, Kalu Uche, 19 goals in Turkey, 2nd highest goal scorer in Turkish league, 2nd highest scoring African in Europe 2012/2013 (behind CIV's Bony Winfred, who was second only to Messi in Europe with 31 goals in Germany).

2, Ideye, 17 league goals and a couple of goals in UEFA, 2nd highest goal scorer in Ukraine

3, Ahmed Musa, 12 goals in Russian league

4, Imoh Ezekiel, 10+ goals in Belgium

5, IK Uche, 12 goals for Villareal in Spanish Segunda division, driving them back to La Liga

You forgot ENERAMO. . . cheesy

The BEAST has had 15 net-tearing goals so far this season for his Turkish club.

Now earlier. . .when Keshi needed a replacement for injured Emenike he tipped Akpala and Eneramo to pick up the mantle.

All of a sudden he went for Akpala whose just fresh from injury and rarely gets play-time for his club when Eneramo was there banging in the goals.

Reason: He said he has not watched Eneramo play yet and would cconsider him later.

This is why Keshi suffered suffered. Ideye is wasteful, the moment Oduamadi got injured I knew we were finished and started praying for a draw atleast. . .No experienced 'mature
' striker upfront and no serious quality from the bench either.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 9:22am On Jun 21, 2013
Nomski0: I dont support Osaze coming back.....or Martins....in a country of over 160 million citizens...so there's not ONE striker that can be trained to world standard?!
Nff should look and dig deep....some talents are just waiting to shine.#localtalent
maybe nff go de waka round de luk 4 strickerz.ar u sayin dat non of our strickerz is ok in ur eyez?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by nwabumalyahoo: 9:22am On Jun 21, 2013
Ahead of 2014 world cup. Keshi must search for two additional strikers like Emmanuel Emenike and sack ahmed musa from the national team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 21, 2013
nwabumal@yahoo.:
Ahead of 2014 world cup. Keshi must search for two additional strikers like Emmanuel Emenike and sack ahmed musa from the national team.

Musa stays. . .
But he must start from the bench always cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by oluwafemi113(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2013
nwabumal@yahoo.:

Yes and never should he be call back in to the team
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by caprini: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2013
The SE midfield can battle any team on this planet.Thats my take,and Enyeama is a clown.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by oluwafemi113(m): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2013
breezy047:

Musa stays. . .
But he must start from the bench always cheesy

Why from bench ?
Is Musa your relative?

We don't need him finish

Next !!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Ajibel(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2013
So Enyeama is Nigeria's new villain Enyeama stays, what we need nau is prolific goal-unfearing strikers to make SE the team to beat!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 9:45am On Jun 21, 2013
yomip3t: GOD PUNISH IDEYE and Family !!!!
why? Bcaus he is playin for his country?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Jarus(m): 9:48am On Jun 21, 2013
Okija_juju: I will not speak for Osaze, but Kalu Uche we need..

Osaze doesnt have the character to be in this team. He will cause more friction. I don't support his return either.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by jpphilips(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2013
ginas:
NIGERIA VS URUGUAY GAME OVERALL ASSESSMENT.

The team is Really improving, atleast they seems to have added something to their game since Keshi took over:
1) perfecting the art of knocking the ball around and stopping the opposition from playing.
2) Learning to choke-up the middle and allow the full backs to overlap.
3) being very comfortable on the ball and overall team play.

LESSONS TO LEARN:

1) Learn to counter attack well.
2) Learn to quickly respond to opposition change of strategy
3) Effective use of set piece
4) Respect their opposition and Keep concentration 100 percent
5) The coach must have a plan B and C if A don't work.
6) This team needs atleast five above exceptional talent to dominate africa for a long time and pose serious competition to the best in the world.

Uruguay was not better but more experienced that is why the won.

The team is inexperience and unexposed to matches of such calibre. I seriously hope they learnt from this.

FINAL NOTE

There is no doubt the team has made tremedeous improvement and I hope this continues for a long time.

truth is; it is the strikers that Initiate counters not the coach,a fast paced striker will initiate a counter by default as soon as the opponent is dispossessed in his half.

what i think keshi is avoiding is a counter attack from the opposition in case our boys are dispossessed and his strategy is fair if i must say.
we can make our runs through the flanks and Ambrose overlap and perhaps Echiejile or so isn't bad. also, you must note that keshi positions players in the midfield who has the ability to make defense splitting passes (Mikel and Moses does it very well for eagles and recently ideye).

what is the point asking for a counter attack and leaving your back vulnerable to fast paced attackers (forlan, suarez and Cavani) when you can split the defense with a killer pass from your controlled midfield? same opportunity for the strikers to score (if you have one).

Spot kick is a natural talent, i doubt if one can be trained to do that, if you are lucky to put together a team where one person has the Ability, then your are good, if not you cant destabilize your team for a spot kick taker.

since the days of Okocha (who happens to be a lucky dube for spot kicks, grin) we haven't been that lucky anymore, even the so called big teams just manage with a few of them. our famous 94 squad hadn't a perfect one either, save for a few lucky ones.

Since Beckham and perhaps lucky lampard, England hadn't much, for over a decade, it was a Juninho and ronaldinho for a whole Brazilian team, rem. that it didn't stop scolari from dropping Dinho, when he dropped form.

most teams are like that, a 100capped pirlo does it so well for italy, whoelse? so at the exit of pirlo, no more for Italy, at least for now.
Most good teams in the world dont have spot kick takers except when they are lucky.
the truth is, there are a billion and one opportunities that can be created from skillful players, Spot kick is just a jara. i tell you what, if you have strikers that can bury any defense any day, you may not need good penalty takers.

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Jarus(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2013
brownlord: Abeg who know the state and village where ideye come from?

Very urgent

Bayelsa.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Ninilowo(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1: who will like to bet against me?
i say nigeria will either defeat spain or draw.who wants to bet otherwise?
I flow with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply)

Man United Gets Willian From Chelsea / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) / Cristiano Ronaldo Undergoing Medicals At Juventus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.