Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando (30680 Views)

Commercial Bus Razed Inside NNPC Filling Station In Lagos / Flood At Igando Today (pictures) / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by misterh(m): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2013
naptu2: They were removing disused planes from the airport. The truck that was towing this plane developed a fault. There was no "crash" or "landing".

1 Share

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked nothing wey person no go hear, in this case see, so him wan buy fuel ni abi kerosine, abeg which one works for jet? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy kai!! grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by kulikuli26: 8:57am On Jun 13, 2013
WETIN WE NO GO SEE FOR DIS COUNTRY!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by naptu2: 8:57am On Jun 13, 2013
They were removing disused planes from the airport. The truck that was towing this plane developed a fault. There was no "crash" or "landing".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by idupaul: 8:58am On Jun 13, 2013
The said aircraft was being towed overnite from the airport to another location as it is already scrapped for ages .

1 Like

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by gbanikiti(m): 9:00am On Jun 13, 2013
Hiaaan! how possible? where exactly at igando? when did it happen? Am going to pass igando today to ikeja so i hope to see it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Wendyslim(f): 9:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Hmmmmm dis pple are endangering humans life oooo.
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Fake news
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 13, 2013
misterh: Just learnt that an aircraft, probably a private one, landed at a fuel station in Igando.
ode!

4 Likes

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by eunisam: 9:09am On Jun 13, 2013
This is impossible made posible.
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by nuwell(m): 9:09am On Jun 13, 2013
Una don come again o! Which part of Igando did this one happen? I went through there this morning o! Sofri dey form all this stori. Frontpage no be degree award o! SMH
angry

1 Like

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by achi4u(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2013
eunisam: This is impossible made posible.
in todays world everything is possible.

but hw many liters the plane wan buy?grincheesy

2 Likes

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by naptu2: 9:17am On Jun 13, 2013
That's at Dapsey Petrol Station in Igando.
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by naptu2: 9:26am On Jun 13, 2013
Picture of one of the planes being towed yesterday night (on Apapa-Oworonshoki Expressway).

1 Share

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by naptu2: 9:33am On Jun 13, 2013
There are a lot of disused planes at our airports. Some have been there since the 1980s (there is a section of Murtala Muhammed Airport that's known as the "graveyard" ). As part of efforts to modernise and upgrade our airports, the government ordered that all these dead planes must be removed. I guess that's what's happening now.

2 Likes

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by naptu2: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2013
There was a Yahoo story about the "graveyard" this year. I think it was even on nairaland.
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by naptu2: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Nigeria starts dismantling its plane 'graveyard'

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Workers have begun dismantling the abandoned airplanes left to rot at airports across Nigeria, a nation with a troubled history of crashes and mismanaged airlines.

The work has started in Lagos at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, where passengers coming into Africa's most populous nation have long seen the abandoned planes when landing there. Henry Omeogu, director of airport operations for the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, said Thursday that he hopes workers will dismantle all the aircraft within the coming weeks.

Omeogu estimated there are at least 65 abandoned planes at Nigeria's airports, ranging from small jets to a massive Boeing 747 in the northern city of Kano.

The work comes as Nigeria struggles to overcome a past filled with airline disasters and corruption in the aviation sector.

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-starts-dismantling-plane-graveyard-151122763.html
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2013
nawoo!! that reminds me -- There was a tribe in an unknown forest which did not have any contact with the outside world. A fighter jet pilot crash landed into the forest, and the tribe started to worship this fighter jet pilot and build a shrine for him where they worship him. when a rescue team later found the pilot and took him with them, the villagers still worship in that shrine, some paraphernalia in that shrine include a cigarette lighter belonging to the pilot and his life parachute grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Na me dey drive d plane by road from lekki. I jes branch make i eat beans na so everybody come sorround my plane so?

Abeg commot jur! I dey go one wedding. No allow hold up catch me o because d kick no good again. But make una no go yet, una go help me join hand push make i jump start am grin

16 Likes

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by pendusky(m): 10:11am On Jun 13, 2013
grin grin grin its too funny to be false... 190 and his concubine jst enter ther. No shakin
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Mynd44: 10:25am On Jun 13, 2013
Some people need to read the news before opening threads
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by 3kay945(m): 10:25am On Jun 13, 2013
991: nawoo!! that reminds me -- There was a tribe in an unknown forest which did not have any contact with the outside world. A fighter jet pilot crash landed into the forest, and the tribe started to worship this fighter jet pilot and build a shrine for him where they worship him. when a rescue team later found the pilot and took him with them, the villagers still worship in that shrine, some paraphernalia in that shrine include a cigarette lighter belonging to the pilot and his life parachute grin grin grin grin
cool
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 13, 2013
strange..
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 13, 2013
991: nawoo!! that reminds me -- There was a tribe in an unknown forest which did not have any contact with the outside world. A fighter jet pilot crash landed into the forest, and the tribe started to worship this fighter jet pilot and build a shrine for him where they worship him. when a rescue team later found the pilot and took him with them, the villagers still worship in that shrine, some paraphernalia in that shrine include a cigarette lighter belonging to the pilot and his life parachute grin grin grin grin
LMFAO grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by dridowu: 10:47am On Jun 13, 2013
Hmmmmm, speechless
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by dridowu: 10:50am On Jun 13, 2013
sheyie2007: ode!
y ? Pls cover ur head in shame. Park well make i pass
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Lilimax(f): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2013
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 13, 2013
See as people gather. cheesy

To some, this is their first time of coming close to a plane, active or inactive. I can imagine them scrambling to touch it. grin

3 Likes

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by Maxymilliano(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2013
Scrap plane causes panic in Lagos

2013-06-13 09:33:46

A scrap private plane belonging to Bethel Ministeries Inc. stirred panic on Thursday morning as the rumour spread that another aircraft had crashed in Lagos.

On hearing the news, hundreds of residents trooped out with their camera phones and queued behind the gate bar of Dapsey Oil filling station at Igando where the plane was packed to take shots.

A senior officer of the filling station said the plane was being removed from the Ikeja Airport to Badagry when one of the tires burst and it had to be packed around 2am.

The police are having tough time controlling the crowd and a young man has been arrested by the Igando police station.

http://www.punchng.com/news/scrap-plane-causes-panic-in-lagos/
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by naptu2: 11:32am On Jun 13, 2013
Bethel Ministries! Gabriel Oduyemi! In the early 1990s I used to see him cruising down Lekki Expressway in his white cadillac limo.
Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by nuwell(m): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
naptu2: Bethel Ministries! Gabriel Oduyemi! In the early 1990s I used to see him cruising down Lekki Expressway in his white cadillac limo.

Mr Naptu, your seeming seamless knowledge comes to the fore again. I've been trying to get a hold on you for a while now unsuccessfully of course. We need to talk please.

3 Likes

Re: Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando by rodeo0070(m): 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
misterh: Just learnt that an aircraft, probably a private one, landed at a fuel station in Igando.
@BOLDED, Some Nairalanders will not cease to amaze me...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) / FG Declares 2-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos -abeokuta Rail Feb.6 / Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.