Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Finding Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Finding Love (695 Views)

Thawed... Finding Love Where You Least Expected It / Finding Zara / Finding Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Finding Love by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 13, 2013
Victoria felt someone tapping her to wake up. "Victoria" her mother, Beatrice called out. "Victoria" She said again. "Mum" She moaned opening her eyes. "What is it?" She said rubbing her eyes. "Are you alright?" She asked. "I want to talk to you" Beatrice said in a serious tone. "Talk" Victoria asked confused looking at the wall clock, 2:30 am "Mum, it's the middle of the night, Is everything OK" She said sitting up. "Are you fully awake" Her mother asked. "Yes" She answered rubbing her eyes. "Now, I want to ask you some series of questions and I want you to be totally honest with me, ok" She said looking with a stern serious face. "I'm listening" Victoria said. "Is there anything you are keeping away from me, anything at all that I should know about?" She asked.. "What! Victoria said. "What do you mean?" She asked puzzled. "Victoria, I am your mother, I love you and care about you. See, my heart is heavy because of you, I can't sleep and I am not happy, all these are because of you" She said looking at her face feeling stricken. "You are not getting any younger, in few months now, you will be clocking 36 years old, you have everything any young woman need in life, a good job, you are a beautiful and remarkable young woman, you have a good attitude every man would want in a wife, your beauty is flawless and you have shaped your life with the word of God and in the way of the Lord." She paused for a while seeing the hurt on her daughters face as she spoke those words. She knew her words were piercing through her, although her intentions were not to make her feel bad about her situation but she had to speak her heart to her. "I would never do anything to hurt your feeling my dear, everything I am saying is for your own good". She said in love. "Your immediate younger sister is married already with two kids, let's say for the sake of arguments that she got married whilst still in the University at a very young age but look at Rachael, your little sister, she also got married last year and you my daughter, you don't have any man in the picture, what is happening?". Her mother said with a lump of tears. "Please tell me?" She said again. "Mum" Victoria started to say then paused to stare at her mother. She felt her pain but she had no idea what to say or how to start. "Mum, please don't cry, please" She said to her mother. "You are the reason for my tears, you are Victoria" She said in tears. "I need you to tell me the truth" "There's nothing wrong with me Mum but I promise you, things will change for me, everything would be fine" Victoria said trying to comfort her mother. "I know everything would be fine" Her Mum said looking up at her. "I know it" She said again. "See, Albert called me today" Beatrice said searching her daughters face. "What! Why?" She asked in an angry voice. "He said he was coming home in few days time, he's coming back to you" She said. "He promised to make things right and start the necessary arrangement for
both of you" She said. "Mum..." Victoria tied to say. "No, wait my dear, things would be fine. This is all you have always wanted, for Him to come back home, back to settle in Nigeria and that's what he's doing. He already set up some interview for jobs here in Lagos" She said looking at how irritated her daughter was. "Mum, you know there's nothing more between myself and Albert" Victoria said fuming. "I don't have anything with him and it's a waste of time if he is coming home for me" She said infuriated. "But things would be OK now" Beatrice said pleading. "No! She shouted in angry, "He cheated on me mum, series of affairs, lying, deception, numerous of call from his so called friends and fiancée to tell
me to stay away" She said angrily. "My dear, I know and he explained his side to me. Sweetheart, Albert is a good man and his intentions towards you are good. You have to forgive him, let's go of the past for a better future together" She said to her. "Every relationship has its own ups and downs and we must be willing to forgive the other party" "There's no future between us Mum, not now, not ever" She said bluntly. "Please Mum, forget about Albert and myself, please" She begged. "God will bring my own husband soon, only be patient" She said. Furious and angry, she stood up from the bed and look at her daughter with the most disgusting look. "Patient! what patient, can't you see it, can't you hear what others are saying about you, me. I don't care what you do Victoria, reconcile with him" She raged at her daughter, walked out and slammed the door. Victoria was shock at her mother's behaviour, She felt her heart jumped as she slammed the door. "Oh God! she said as she felt the tears rolling. She wanted to shout or even scream but her mouth were shut as she flooded in tears. She wanted to ask God to speak now or she would walk out but her mouth couldn't utter those words. She expected her mother of all people to understand her plight. She had made up her mind long ago never to have anything to do with Albert again. It did took her several months to get over the heart break and pain of the break up, all she wants now is to move on with her life and no mention of his name to her. They dated for almost eight years; two years into their relationship, he had traveled to the United Kingdom to study

(1) (Reply)

Tope Folarin Wins Caine Writing Prize / The Newness Of Life (A New Year Poem) / Eight Simple Tips For Editing Your Own Work (part 1) Written By Ali Luke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.