Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash (35402 Views)

NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent / Unbelievable: NANS ''honours'' Buruji Kashamu (photo) / NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by livingsaint01(m): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
May their souls rest in peace!
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by nnalove(m): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
Senate President, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Comrade Donald Onukaogu, and four others died in a car crash on their way to Uyo, Akwa Ibom State to intervene on the current university of uyo students uprising. It is learnt they died along Uyo-Ikot Ekpene road. They travelled yesternight in order to reach the Akwa Ibom State capital for their intervention this morning, but unfortunately met their untimely death. I am yet to place my fingers on other occupants of the vehicle who also lost their lives. May their souls rest in peace. #DevelopingStory

http://connoisseurng..com/2013/06/nans-senate-president-4-others-die-in.html God help us in dis life. Death is in d higher increase, ppl now dying like fowl, wy death here and there every minutes every second hmmm life.
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by HIPROFILE(m): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
Chai! Alu!my fellow comrade from Futo this is a very sad news.
Good night my leader.
Comr.Keke
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Dayjhihannon01(m): 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
Sweet Jeesus, Againnnn? On the same Uyo crises 5 vibrant future leaders perished with the former 2 Where are these terrible blood sucking demons that taught they can incasenerate Nigeria valued Compadres
Owhch, but an accident that claimed five life at once (I stand to be corrected) may be incorporated with high speeding..
It is on this clairvoyant, I charged fellow Strugglers to alwaz try to drive safe.. More reason I dnt like involving myself in struggle with long distance journey.
I think Uni Uyo Admins av gotten more than what they bargain for now.
Hat Off for the President nd his aids.
ALUTA CONTINUA......
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Youngmon3Y(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
R.I.P......the truth and bitterness of being a freedom fighter,especially fighting for student in this our dear country where there is no regard human life...i wept...aluta continua...struggle continue..
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by chocopearl(f): 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
You died trying to make the voice of the Nigeria students heard.
I pray u find peace in d world beyond.
Adieu compatriots!!!
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by tellwisdom: 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Which rank is comrade in the Nigerian army?? sad
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Davidogar(m): 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
R... I......P
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Neaman(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
Rip Donald...my Alma Mata jux lost a gr8 student.
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by okechukwu2013: 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
Just the way we lost the then NANS President Moses Osakaide who was on his way with other comrades to resolve SUG magt unrest in Auchi Poly. Year 2000! Another comrade is fallen RIP. The struggle continues.
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Tinkybabe(f): 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
lola.luv:
Students Union people are always getting involved in accidents and they don't survive.

I have read and seen enough. It's like a curse
I know right! Like seriously, , what's happening? .but again people die everyday they are just unknown.
May the departed souls rest in the bosom of the Lord.

1 Like

Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
brownlord: They said, 5 uniuyo student yesterday and today 4 with the NANS senate president making 10, just bcause of 200 naira, and the useless cult boys in that school are hiding under their mothers bed, instead of them to pick up their arms and ransack that town, throw the school into a state of pitiable disma bisma ( Ref. Patric Obayagbon ) Shame on Uni oyo student they are all weakling.

Btw, R.I.P to the brave soldiers NANS members, may your soul RIPP. Aluta continua, vitória é certa
If na campus war now all d Vikings,Axe,Maf,Eiye for they carry body dey pursue Jew men like us. Now see fight dem dey form deaf and dumb

2 Likes

Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Etiluvjosh(f): 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
RIP bro.
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
i remember moses osakede
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Acidosis(m): 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
I don't know why I always have a different view about many comments on Nairaland.

R.I.P to the 'comrades' and I pray to God to give the respective families the fortitudes to bear the loss.

However, the government ought to ban all these union, aluta of a thing. I so much depise these union, cadet, cult, SUGs and the likes right from my school days.

We do not need any union to regulate irregularities...
NURTW is a good example... So many union, people running up & down... acting busy doing nothing, running their lives in danger on things they could solve with a 50 word electronic mail.

Why should any sensible being dislike private institutions? Despite the war against these rubbish groups, the non-existent of the many protest-hungry groups, we do not hear much noise about the academic and social life of these institutions.

No one can satisfy everybody.

Fashola ban okada recently, does that warrant people raising arms and ammunitions against the government??

Change is inevitable.. Change is constant.

These young men lost their lives for something that may not be reverse.

Most students would have to sit at home smoking weed and Indian hemp for months wasting their academic destiny all because of "aluta".

They'll come back with their Daddys' salary to pay for damages all because of aluta

..and they'll probably come back to the same school to pay the same N200 everyday..

For christ sake the school campus is not your haven! 4 years is like 24hours!
Why waste time pursuing some time wasting risky tasks?!

Soon these same busy men would insult private school graduates with 1st class!

As d death they pain me... I dey vex for Nigerian public campuses! So many "comrades" (whatever that means) have lost their lives in these country for christ sake!!

3 Likes

Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Honadeadek(m): 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
good night brothers. till we meet again.

We keep the fight and the struggle.
aluta continua, victoria ascerta, amala awetu
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Acidosis(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
Dayjhihannon01: Sweet Jeesus, Againnnn? On the same Uyo crises 5 vibrant future leaders perished with the former 2 Where are these terrible blood sucking demons that taught they can incasenerate Nigeria valued Compadres
Owhch, but an accident that claimed five life at once (I stand to be corrected) may be incorporated with high speeding..
It is on this clairvoyant, I charged fellow Strugglers to alwaz try to drive safe.. More reason I dnt like involving myself in struggle with long distance journey.
I think Uni Uyo Admins av gotten more than what they bargain for now.
Hat Off for the President nd his aids.
ALUTA CONTINUA......

If only you know the pitiable meaning of that word - struggler
sad
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Provie(m): 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Pity!
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by eyenCalabar(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
RIP brothers.

Meanwhile, on the other thread:
====>>>> https://www.nairaland.com/1308886/misconstrue-misconception-aluta-nigerian-students
Read about the origin of Aluta
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Dayjhihannon01(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Acidosis:

If only you know the pitiable meaning of that word - struggler
sad
dont mind me. Just a language jargon used amidst worried toughts while commenting
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Mudash(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
Aluta Continua... Victoria Aserta.. Dy died fǿя̩̥̊ Struggle.. RIP
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by olasunkanmi136(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
embarassed so sad RIP
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by donem: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
fpeter: RIP YOUNG WARLOCK cry
Warlock? Hmm! smh!
R.I.P to the dead
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by wasco8(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
brownlord: They said, 5 uniuyo student yesterday and today 4 with the NANS senate president making 10, just bcause of 200 naira, and the useless cult boys in that school are hiding under their mothers bed, instead of them to pick up their arms and ransack that town, throw the school into a state of pitiable disma bisma ( Ref. Patric Obayagbon ) Shame on Uni oyo student they are all weakling.

Btw, R.I.P to the brave soldiers NANS members, may your soul RIPP. Aluta continua, vitória é certa

University of OYO ko, University of IBADAN ni!
Big HEAD!
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by NnamdiN: 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
That woman of a VC is truly evil. There was not even a single protest during the time of the former VC. A VC who could stand without security officials amongst students without fear of attack.
This use-less one walks around with armed policemen. A childless woman that has caused her fellow women undeserved pains in just under 2 days. Not up to 2 yrs in office and it's like this, Only God knows what would happen before she completes her tenure.
RIP to the departed souls. Forgive the childless b I tch coz she definitely doesn't know what it means to carry another human being in your belly for 9 painful months.
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by otokx(m): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Night travel by road is to avoided at all costs in Nigeria.
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by ozodigboo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
Why we all wish RIP to the dead and console their families, plz lets spare a thought on some issues here.
For the sake of some '' comrades'' and '' future comrades '' on ds forum, d truth needs to be told.

Driving at night is no longer '' en vogue '' in Nigeria - you run the risk of
.. armed robbers
.. kidnappers
.. accidents
.. absolutely no help if your vehicle breaks down along the way.

i don't understand. They should have left in the morning, reached Uyo perhaps in d evening, and checked into a cheap hotel, or the Uniuyo/SUG guest house for d night, against next morning business.

i feel so pained at the waste. i feel especially for the families - after all the investments in their schooling.
may God help us.

1 Like

Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Ishilove: 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
fpeter: RIP YOUNG WARLOCK cry
Do you know what 'warlock' means? undecided

1 Like

Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hold the VC responsible. She caused all these. In modern-day democratic Nigeria, why should the head of a school introduce a new policy without involving the students; they being those the new pollcy targets? Secondly, why couldn't she wait until the end of the semester, after exams, before announcing that the new policy will take effect from the new year, akin to what happens in the nursery schools - they normally announce their fee increases and new policies at the end of one term, but only after discussing with parents at previous PTA meetings. I hold the VC 100% responsible for this carnage on human life and properties. Next time government will appoint VCs for our universities, they should look for competent candidates who are well rounded in the art of managing students population/community. It shouldn't just be academic qualifications and long years of service or experience. Managing a tertiary institution with hundreds of thousands of students is different from managing a company of 100 or less workers. The second point is - why were the students able to set all those buildings on fire even with the presence of the police? Would it have been better/calmer if the police had not showed up at all? Did the authorities not forsee that the new increase will cause this spark and don't the official campus security have an intelligence gathering mechanism to have known that this was in the air? Our leaders must remember that the garrison mentality of the military regimes of yester-years has no accommodation in our present-day democratic history, therefore, every policy or even new law, must first be laid in the public domain and discussed to carry those whose compliance would be required of the new policy or law along. This is what democracy demands. Laws are made for man, not man for laws. Increase in students bus fare shouldn't ordinarily cause problem in a school. It is the approach that was adopted by the school management that ignited the fire.

2 Likes

Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by zingy85: 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
RIP aluta continua victoria ascerta
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by Ugo50: 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
R . I. P.
Re: NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash by adedayo07: 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
Lord have mercy. Rip to the dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of The FUTMINNA Student Whose Death Led To Riot / "OAU Professor, Richard Akindele, Also Asked Me For Sex" - Graduate In Ireland / NEKEDE Polytechic students were asked to Define Unknown Gun-Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.