Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

The Boy Who Believed He Could Walk On Water - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Boy Who Believed He Could Walk On Water (679 Views)

Short Story: The Boy That Thought He Knew It All / Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila / Jonny Kennedy:the Story Of The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Boy Who Believed He Could Walk On Water by extraflyfineboy(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
We were walking home, as we had finished attending a power packed program which was very inspirational. More so because

the guest speaker was a motivational speaker and he really hammered on the topic “BELIEVE”. He explored wit us the power

of believe, saying that we can achieve anything! All we have to do is believe.

I and my best friend were feeling very powerful, although we were not happy that we had not fully utilized the power of

believe, we were happy to have discovered the power. “ See what we have been missing? If only we believed that we will

pass Nwokama’s course we would not have failed it”. Jones my best friend said. “hence forth, I will use the power of

believe to the maximum’’. “ I agree with you” I told him “ but remember what the speaker said belive works with

action”.

Jones was not listening to me; it was like he was possessed by the topic. He was not in the real world with me. “I

believe.......................................

TO CONTINUE READING THIS INSPIRATIONAL STORY; PLEASE LOG ON TO http://umehoma..com
Re: The Boy Who Believed He Could Walk On Water by sambroose(m): 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
. He was
not in the real world with me. “I believe
we will have Nepa light when we get
home” Jones said. “Are you drunk or
something’’? I asked him visibly shocked
at the extent he was taking this believe
thing ‘’How can you say you believe we
would have light when our transformer
has been bad for 2months now?’’. “I
don’t know, I just believe”.
I was in shock when we got home and
they immediately brought the light.
“See? ….See? I told you, just believe,
and you will achieve anything”. That
night we were filled with immense joy.
We did not believe the power we had. “I
believe that tomorrow will be Monday’’ I
said. “Dumb ass, tomorrow is Monday,
you have to believe in something
unusual before you can utilize the power
of believe. I believe that tomorrow
Nwokama would not come to class”.
Jones said.
Mr. Nwokama is our HOD and most
serious lecturer who never jokes with his
course, he never misses class. “haha, if
this one happens ehhn, I will believe
anything you say”. I told my best friend.
“watch and see”.
The next day, we over slept. I woke up
and tried to wake Jones so we would
rush to class. “I told you he won’t come
to class, just sleep, but if you don’t
believe me you can go to school”. I
didn’t have time for this bullshit; I rushed
and made it to school. On getting to
school, I was told that Mr. Nwokama did
not come to class because he was
terribly sick. Again! I couldn’t believe
this; this believe of a thing was actually
working!
I rushed home to tell Jones of the
development but he was not in the mood
for stories. “I know, I know, I told you he
wouldn’t come didn’t I?” “You are a
genius” I said. “Yes I know, and am about
to prove it with a greater point” Jones
said. “How do you mean, and where are
you going to?’’ “Am going to the beach,************guy Sorry for posting ur sorry......just dat d tin wan cox commotion 4 ma side.......nice one man

1 Like

Re: The Boy Who Believed He Could Walk On Water by sambroose(m): 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
Make una go read am finish

1 Like

Re: The Boy Who Believed He Could Walk On Water by extraflyfineboy(m): 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
sambroose: Make una go read am finish

yes oh!

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Poetry - This Poem Kept Mandela Going For Over 20 Years In Prison / The Desire Of Every Reasonable Man / Timothy's Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.