Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

The Power Of Poetry - This Poem Kept Mandela Going For Over 20 Years In Prison - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Power Of Poetry - This Poem Kept Mandela Going For Over 20 Years In Prison (681 Views)

Please Who Has This Poem? Help Me Please!!!!!! Gbemisola Adeoti: Ambush / Lovers Of Literature. Do You Remember this Poem?:NIGHT FALL IN SOWETO / Honeymoon In Prison-reborn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Poetry - This Poem Kept Mandela Going For Over 20 Years In Prison by TheObserver(m): 7:29am On Oct 01, 2013
I came across this poem when i saw a Morgan freeman movie.The invictus. He played Madiba in d movie and ever since i heard this poem naratted in that movie, my thoughts have been much intrepid.
Take a dose....

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

By William Ernest Henley
Re: The Power Of Poetry - This Poem Kept Mandela Going For Over 20 Years In Prison by afroxyz: 6:26am On Oct 02, 2013
This is powerful and inspirational

(1) (Reply)

The Desire Of Every Reasonable Man / You Are A Writer, If You... / Timothy's Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.