Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office (2896 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / For Nigerian Illegals In The Netherlands, It Is A Tough And Risky Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by loma(m): 12:05pm On May 19, 2006
Illegals arrested at Home Office

The news will put more pressure on Mr Reid
Five illegal immigrants have been arrested after turning up for work to clean a Home Office building.
They were working for a firm contracted by the Immigration and Nationality Directorate's Becket House in London.

Earlier this week a director at the IND caused a row after saying he did not have the "faintest idea" how many illegal immigrants were in the UK.

A Home Office spokesman said the Nigerian cleaners were arrested on their first day after standard checks.

Home Secretary John Reid, who has come under fire after also admitting he had no idea of how many illegal immigrants were in the UK, said the Home Office would not use the firm until it had better vetting procedures in place.

'Woeful'

He said the additional vigilance of a security guard helped identify them.

If even the Home Office is having trouble identifying illegal immigrants in its own buildings, it is no wonder other businesses are struggling

Nick Clegg, Liberal Democrats

Firms 'profit from illegals'

The Home Office said: "These individuals were the employees of a firm contracted to provide cleaning services.

"It is policy that all employees and contracted employees working in Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND) buildings have security and employment checks carried out, which include checks on their immigration status.

"Of course we will investigate further and appropriate action will be taken as necessary."

Shadow Minister for Immigration, Damian Green MP, said the news sparked "more questions than it answers".

"How long have they been using this firm? Do other Government departments use the firm? How confident is the Home Office that previous cleaners supplied by the firm were not also illegal?" he said.

Liberal Democrat Shadow Home Secretary, Nick Clegg MP said the Home Office appeared "woefully under prepared" in dealing with illegal immigrants.

"If even the Home Office is having trouble identifying illegal immigrants in its own buildings, it is no wonder other businesses are struggling," he said.

Fine system

Earlier this week the IND's director of enforcement and removals, Dave Roberts, caused a row after conceding he did not have the "faintest idea" how many illegal immigrants were in Britain.

He told the Commons home affairs committee those who overstayed their visas were not pursued individually. The strategy was to target larger groups of failed asylum seekers working for the same employer.

Later this year new laws will come into force making companies liable for fines of up £2,000 per employee given work when the employer knew it was against the law.

Mr Roberts told MPs: "We are making huge efforts to remove them but not at the basis of tracing individuals."

Immigration minister Tony McNulty said on Wednesday the best estimate for the number of illegal immigrants was between 310,000 and 570,000. Removals ran to about 25,000 a year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4995764.stm
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by Seun(m): 4:47pm On May 28, 2006
Moving to travel forum.
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by OldGlory1(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2006
How dumb could these Illegals be? I guess it was greed! I hope they get deported ASAP. People like these make Nigeria look bad. Send them home.
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by kiwibabe(f): 1:44am On May 29, 2006
I dont blame the illegals I blame the system. This country makes it harder and harder fo people to make a living, at least these people were not commiting fraud.
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by OldGlory1(m): 1:56am On May 29, 2006
Kiwibabe

They were committing a crime and should be deported ASAP. You can call their crime fraud, because the are working with fraudlent N.I numbers and collecting benefits they should not receive. That is called fraud. Now the dumb part is that they went to work at the home office. Lolol
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by noblegas2(m): 12:31am On Aug 01, 2009
Old Glory:

Kiwibabe

They were committing a crime and should be deported ASAP. You can call their crime fraud, because the are working with fraudlent N.I numbers and collecting benefits they should not receive. That is called fraud. Now the dumb part is that they went to work at the home office. Lolol

Y dont u go & Deport dem as fast as possible, are u not also lookin to make a livin wer U are, i dont know if ur now a British Immigration, afterall its Payback time
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by darkroll(m): 3:03am On Aug 01, 2009
Break the laws face the consequences .
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by kadman(m): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2009
darkroll:

Break the laws face the consequences .

Darkroll,if everybody is abuing those illegals,you should be the last person to,you bloody stupid hypocrite
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by MrCrackles(m): 9:49am On Aug 01, 2009
Illegals working in an home office premises?
They must be daft! grin
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by justwise(m): 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

They must be daft! grin

Trust me some need their heads checked, maybe they don't even know if the visa they got is real or fake, sad
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by darkroll(m): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ kadmam , are u trying to get my attention or wat Cause I don't you from Adam and u calling me names.
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by Yuno: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2009
Quote:Kadman
Darkroll,if everybody is abuing those illegals,you should be the last person to,you bloody stupid hypocrite

he was just saying the truth, it is a crime! And nobody told them to immigrate illegally - they had a choice and they made a bad choice and now they are getting a free flight back to Lagos  tongue. I dont feel sorry for them
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by darkroll(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ yuno , I see no reason why d guy should even insult me cause I don't know him never even seen his username b4 , illegal immigrat went to home office to clean then they should definately face d consequence.
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by kadman(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ Darkroll you said and I quote : Break the laws  face the consequences

Let me refresh your memory a bit,a year ago you came here asking advice after your brother had lied about his age on his international passport and visa applications,had illegally cleaned his rejection stamp from his passport e.t.c but now you're quick to be the judge,jury and executor on other people,  hiss

I'm not looking for your attention,you kid yourself. Hypocrites are the scum of the earth angry
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by darkroll(m): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2009
My brother broke the law and he did face the consequence , And Honestly he did. Kadman I wish u know how much trouble he went thru before he could clear himself out that shit .

U dont come to public forums and insult people u know nothing about . Grow up Bro
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by Busybody2(f): 5:26am On Aug 02, 2009
I genuinely thought he was the brother himself, y'know, like dem peeps that come here claiming they need advise for a friend  cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by darkroll(m): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2009
Oh now i know that some peeps are sick here .
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by Busybody2(f): 11:46am On Aug 02, 2009
^^^

Proof that the truth hurts, i musta hit a nerve cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by darkroll(m): 11:51am On Aug 02, 2009
Busy Body u did not hit a nerve , I just felt your comment sick . because some peeps comes here and claim they need advise for their brother does not mean everyone does that.

Moreover if it is my brother or if it is me my point still remains . Break the rule if u not lucky with it then face the consequence .
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by kadman(m): 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2009
You see this hypocrite how he has subtly changed his tune. . . Now he's saying if you are lucky to get away with it just like your brother init ?
Moral of the story - Remove the spec in your eyes but judging others,better yet don't judge. . . because you've got crazy ass skeletons in your own cupboard
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by darkroll(m): 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2009
Will just stop responding to u kadmam , u just one dumb douchebag needing some attention. Those who got brains will see common sense in wat am saying
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by MrCrackles(m): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2009
Ya all should stop bickering like naughty kids man. . . .GROW THE FUC.K UP! angry
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by kadman(m): 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2009
You're a dumb douchebag and a silmy hypocrite darkrolled into 1. . . . angry Why didn't you defend yourself nah ? Silly hypocrite.
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2009
Guys, relax - fora are all about different opinions, so it's inevitable minds will clash.

We could do without the name calling though.
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by darkroll(m): 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2009
I felt they got what the deserve , dem no get papers dem dey go near home office .
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by kadman(m): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2009
Siena I respect you so I'll shut up o. I don't know the dude,but I remembered his ordeal backk then and I expect him to be compassionate that's all.

Nothing against him,just that hypocrites always rub me the wrong way undecided
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by manmustwac(m): 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2009
Na woa at least dem get job. Me where get papers no fit even find cleaning job sad
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by MrCrackles(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2009
manmustwac:

Na woa at least dem get job. Me where get papers no fit even find cleaning job sad

This is old news man. . . Wayback before the recession kicked in
You couldav gotten a job back then too, but keep your head up. . . You will be smiling soon! wink
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

They must be daft! grin

My brother you don't know what hunger and poverty can cause!!
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by Busybody2(f): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2009
darkroll:

Busy Body u did not hit a nerve , I just felt your comment sick . because some peeps comes here and claim they need advise for their brother does not mean everyone does that.

Moreover if it is my brother or if it is me my point still remains . Break the rule if u not lucky with it then face the consequence .

Don't even know what you and kadman are arguing over, all I know is what I know is what I know sha lipsrsealed And yes I did hit an homerun and a touch down with that nerve cool Hope it is not too jangled or frayed beyond redemption cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by 4realty: 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2009
Busy_body:

Don't even know what you and kadman are arguing over, all I know is what I know is what I know sha lipsrsealed And yes I did hit an homerun and a touch down with that nerve cool Hope it is not too jangled or frayed beyond redemption cheesy grin cheesy

This is hilarious grin grin grin!Abeg,is[b] jennkadry [/b] still alive? cool cool
Re: Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office by mamag3: 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2009
4realty:

This is hilarious grin grin grin!Abeg,is[b] jennkadry [/b] still alive? cool cool

Yes she is and that is me. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Some Hotels In Lagos / Why USA Is A Terrible Place To Live / Dana Crash DNA Results , Ready Next Week - Pathlogist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.