Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

“I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage (34562 Views)

If You Call Me A Sex Symbol You Are Not Lying- ‘ada Ada’ Singer Flavour / If You Call Me A Sex Symbol, You're Not Lying - Flavour Nabania / Jojo, The Greek-nigerian Sex Symbol And Her Stavro Sisters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by yungzeez(m): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
chicbenita:
“I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -Tiwa Savage
Beautiful Songstress, Tiwa Savage in an interview talks about her humble beginning and why she waited so long to release her debut album.
But one of the most buzzed about headlines is Tiwa’s response to being a sex symbol. “If you ask my family, I am not like that. I am a laid-back person”, she tells the publication.

Tiwa didn’t shy away from speaking on her fiancé. She spoke on why she wrote a song for him “You know the culture here. If you’re not married and just focus on your career, people would start asking questions. He understood my journey; he was able to push me career-wise and he encourages me a lot. So, I had to do a song for him.”

Excerpts

On why it took 2 years to drop her debut album – This album is from my heart and it’s something that I worked so long for. A lot of people wondered why it took so long and that’s because we had to go through a lot of legal processes to clear some of the samples that we used and that took months. Also, we wanted to work with some notable producers like Warren ‘Oak’ Felder who worked with Nicki Minaj and Rihanna. So, we had to work round their schedules and that’s why it took so long.

This is an album that I don’t want to be the usual Nigerian album with patchy tracks from beginning to end. I want it to have a meaning.

On competition with female singers – Why should I be scared of competition? Like I said on stage, you have Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and they’re all female artistes and they’re all big stars in the US. Why should it be only one person that will be known for quality music among female singers in Nigeria? I am actually glad that more female artistes are coming up.

On fond memories of Isale Eko days – Growing up, I was like a tomboy. Back then, I didn’t care about make-up or bags or shoes, I was very free. I had a very healthy upbringing.

My parents made sure I was really grounded. I had loving brothers and I remember playing around all the time when I was a kid.

On what stardom has changed about her – I was a little more out-going but I am now a bit more reserved. Some people like saying they haven’t changed a bit when they start making more money, but that’s a lie. I think you change because you’re more wary. You want to be careful and trust less easily.

I think people around me have changed too. They expect more. I’m under a microscope always. I might make a normal mistake but it will get blown up because it’s Tiwa Savage. So, I am more wary of what I do and say in public than I was before.
Source: Naij.com,,Thisday
http://www.ogusbaba.com/2013/06/i-am-not-sex-symbol-tiwa-savage.html
bt she lukz lyk one sha...fr real diz babie has da nyc quality(shape) a man nidz shaaaaaaaaa...tiwa well work gal, u gat a FAN ryt here
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by crackhaus: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
SLIDE waxie: what is this? undecided[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1154647_Tiwa_Savage__jpg4ba7fa7e7db010b9c299f1616f1f8c77[/img]
Beauty my friend.. BEAUTY!!
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by theripper: 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
And u no wear bra for "Love me Love me" video, come dey shake ynash up and down.

1 Like

Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Reachyrich(f): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
As u lay ur bed na so u go lie on top am.
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by slimyem: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2013
She's not a sex symbol in truth. Toolz and/or Mercy Johnson look more sex symbolic than she does.cool
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Sike(m): 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hmmm... Tiwa Baby. TIWA ONI BAJE !!
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
undecided
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by cantell(m): 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
tpia@:
Even our igbo brothers wey no dey date yoruba, no go mind am if they're asked.
Talk wetin you know. Who talk say we no dey date yoruba girls?
@topic,
person wey collect wood wey get ants, no suppose vex if lizard show for im front door.
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by OmoIyaMero: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
shocked Yinmu at her.
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by dozai: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
Abeg how d symbol dey like

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
eeeehchimm!!

u be fox, i no bi fox
u be ferret, i no bi ferret,
u be fiona, i no fiona,
u be shrek wife, i no be shrek wife

Argument ... argument!!! Argue!!...

yawn! cheesy
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by kellight28(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
Olodostein: eeeehchimm!!

u be fox, i no bi fox
u be ferret, i no bi ferret,
u be fiona, i no fiona,
u be shrek wife, i no be shrek wife

Argument ... argument!!! Argue!!...

yawn! cheesy
lols
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by kellight28(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
dozai: Abeg how d symbol dey like
lols e be like girl nash cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by gbanikiti(m): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
Kini big deal if you are a sexx symbol? just asking? maybe she is ashamed of her sexiness! hmm...
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Pretyangel25(f): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
I was thinking you are a sex symbol. Lol
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by DJDOLA(m): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
How does dat stop me for not playing her music tomorrow...djdola on d wheel of stair tomorrow at surulere
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by everyday: 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
I love this girl and i still regard her as a sex symbol
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
edited
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by MrAladin: 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
the way u take yourself na so ppl go take.... To me u be asheeeee
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
Thoniameek: Really? And all those videos and dress ups got me thinking you're( i still do)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29nI8RQV0U

@Topic, who cares if she's a sexx symbol or not. She's beautiful and talented. Tiwa you can be my sexx symbolsmiley

Btw what kind of name is that

1 Like

Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by ifihearam: 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
I have never thought you were because you aint sexy rara
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by studio43(m): 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
She used to be a runs girl back in the states.

That she can't deny
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by kavey10(m): 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
This is the only girl I can sell my moniker for, just to have a piece of that ish. That T-Billz guy is a lucky bastard!!
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by 9iceboi(m): 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
Miss salvage no mind dem u re not a sex symbol rather a sex icon tongue
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Uziehot(m): 7:37pm On Jun 14, 2013
Na weight lifter u be?
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by tpapi: 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mehn dis babe is bustyy,her chest no dey allow me see road clearly
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
SHE AIN ALL AT. SHE DAYUMM RIGHT, SHE AIN NO SEGZ SYMBOL. WHAT SHE NEED TO DO IS OIL THOSE ASHY LEGS. THAT WHAT SHE NEED TO DO

1 Like

Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
i am not a sex symbol? who asked u am a sex virgin...how about that?
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
Who send kwanu Going naked on stage doesnt make someone a sex symbol...smh

##eating my yam and potato###
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
SLIDE waxie: u're jes an overhyped symbol of a sexy thing to start with. with those teeth that can cause a severe bleeding durin kissing undecided

nna erhn, to me dis girl no fine oo.
She looks like a female agberooo..
Re: “I Am Not A Sex Symbol” -tiwa Savage by ITbomb(m): 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
I no dey understand this sex symbol thing
I come ask my neighbor, him say sex symbol na person wey guys dey use him picture rub pr¡ck.
I come ask am , ok Wetin 'sexist girl award in Nollyhood' mean ? , him say na person wey ƒuck pass.
I wan ask , him dey correct?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sophia Momodu And Imade Head To Atlanta (photos / Pictures Of Teebillz Posing As R.Kelly / I’ve Never Kissed Any Woman In Movies – Ogogo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.