Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight (11363 Views)

Japan's First Commercial Jet Makes Maiden Flight / Germanwings Airliner Airbus A320 Crashes In French Alps / Airbus A380 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by Penboy: 11:25am On Jun 15, 2013
If there's no boeing...i will stop flying across the world. Here's the thing; airbus has more crashes recorded than the boeing. BOEING BOEING BOEING..lets boe the world jare. (America 100 vs 0 Europe).
Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by omodapson(m): 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
Penboy: If there's no boeing...i will stop flying across the world. Here's the thing; airbus has more crashes recorded than the boeing. BOEING BOEING BOEING..lets boe the world jare. (America 100 vs 0 Europe).

Check and confirm your records again, Mr. Boeing fan.
Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by Princek12(m): 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ola one: Amazing.

America, eat your heart out tongue

why all these bad belle against America, now? Una don forget say Google, Facebook, Apple, Windows, and so on, all come from America?

If not for America, yahoo yahoo for no dey?
Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by bacteria24(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
Watched the whole first flight event live and followed it on live radar till it landed. It was trully amazing. Congrats to the engineers. Some folks were a bit dissapointed that there wasn't as much wing flex as in the B787. I think I prefer the A350 engineers chosen path with respect to their wing design. For a lay person, I think the 787 wing flex might be a bit uncomfortable to look at and it makes you wonder what would happen in case of x number of unexpected stress. What repercussion could that have in the long term for structural intergrity? I'm sure all of this would have been thought of and calculated but a nice stable looking wing will keep ones mind at rest. Shame the landing gear tilt isn't like those of the A330s, that would have made the A340 look more awesome that it is.

Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by alstacs(m): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
i can only say this is awesome.
With all these designs, ships will fly one day
Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by loswhite(m): 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ola one: Airbus's rival to Boeing's problem-stricken Dreamliner jet completes its maiden flight without a hitch
-The high tech A350 is Airbus's first all-new plane in eight years
-It completed a four-hour test flight from Airbus's plant in Toulouse, France
-The ultra modern jet uses carbon composites and fly-by-wire technology
-Airbus plans to offer three variants to rival Boeing's 777 and 787
-They ditched problematic lithium batteries following Dreamliner debacle

Airbus's new A350 passenger jet, a rival to Boeing's problematic 787 Dreamliner, has completed its maiden flight without a hitch.

Watched by more than 10,000 staff and spectators, the aircraft's curled wingtips sliced into clouds above the Airbus factory in southwestern France and flew over the Pyrenees mountains, with a crew of six wearing orange jumpsuits and parachutes.

The flight, with two former fighter pilots at the controls, lasted about four hours and capped eight years of development estimated to have cost $15 billion.

French co-pilot Guy Magrin took the controls for the take-off at 10:01 local time (0801 GMT), giving the plane air under its wings for the first time in front of a podium of airline chiefs who have ordered 613 aircraft.
It touched down at 14:05 local time, after flying past the Toulouse production site.

'It is a great day for Airbus. A maiden flight doesn't happen that often. It is not like the auto industry, where you launch a new model every two years or even less,' said Tom Enders, the head of Airbus parent EADS.

Airbus is finalising orders from Singapore Airlines , Kuwait Airways and Air France and may add a new customer at the June 17-23 show, analysts say.

Evrard said that Airbus would soon add a customer in the United States, where industry sources say that United Airlines is negotiating to upgrade and expand an existing order to 35 jets.

Airbus initially dismissed the threat posed by the new generation of mid-sized aircraft as it focused on building the world's largest airliner, the A380 superjumbo.

But faced with burgeoning Dreamliner sales, it changed tack and overhauled the design of the A350 by adopting similar composites technology in 2006.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2341595/Airbus-A350-Airbuss-rival-Boeings-problem-stricken-Dreamliner-jet-takes-maiden-flight-hitch.html

Where are the Americans and their Dreamliners? cheesy
op why the beef?
Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by loswhite(m): 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ola one: Imagine. This charred battery belongs to America's Dreamliner. Talk about getting it wrong.
innovation doesn't come cheap so even if they get it wrong they have to work hard to get it right
Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
I hope I get the chance to fly on these babies cool
Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by Olaone1: 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
loswhite: op why the beef?
Just having fun. #Handbag tinz
Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by tck2000(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
of
Re: Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight by tck2000(m): 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fintiri, Yari: FAAN Issues Public Statement / International Passport Needed Urgently / Got My Us Tourist Visa Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.