Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. (3962 Views)

How Profitable Is "Tipper" And How Much Does A Normal Tipper Cost? / Make More Money In Haulage (tipper Business) / How And Where Do I Invest N500k To N1million In Any Business In Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by king9952: 3:24am On Jun 16, 2013
I am considering relocating my family, two still young boys and and a girl including my wife to naija, we are currently base in houston close to half a decade and have decided to give our children the gift of well african seasoned noutured upbringing like my wife and myself acquired gowing up, that brings my attention to initiating comprehensive feasibility study into haulage industry in naija specifficaly Dump truck a.k.a tipper,since we are relocating possibly permanently, i am looking at exporting 5 2006 MACK Model dump truck from here but decideded turning to naijaland first for an advice from my good ole folks out there. Questions,best dump truck model for naija, the best business tipper model as in management for best ROI(Return of investment)eg leasing out daily or contracting with established management company, and finally daily returns from one tipper. Thanks in advance.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by olushowunm(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2013
Well, for a starter like you, leave your family in U.S and come home first as transportation business is very lucrative, we have a lot of charlatans involved... No trustworthy people.. If your driver loads goods now after 3 hours, he should have delivered... You will be surprised if you call him, he definitely lie to you, either he has sold the goods to another person and going back re-load or he is just not serious!
For the best trucks now, i think people buy Volvo FL6 and FL8, because of the mechanics things...
Leave your family in Houston and come home with one or two and not five for now.. If you can do business in such an environment, then invest the money you make and the other you left and buy 10trucks...
But i know you will definitely makes money in cargo haulage too, i can fix you up with a factory that do industrial starch and they pay you per month for using the truck to haul cassava from farms... Minimum of 3
20tons capacity.
Also, you can consider Lafarge Wapco, they pay 300k per mt.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by olushowunm(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2013
So try them out and if you come to Ogun state, you can try out the Quarries or you fo out yourself and source for supplies, while you buy from quarries and haul with your truck... I believe you must compete with price and quality of service...

You can also take your trucks to the south-south region, where the money is and do business precisely Port-Harcourt...

I wish you goodluck in your business endeavour... Regards.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by king9952: 8:38am On Jun 16, 2013
Thanks MR Olushowunm, your reply and advice is quite a golden one, You seems to have a major insight in the industry, i am very facinated in your selfless details especially the quarries thing, though it sounds very promising but i must confess never heard of it or what its all about, i will absolutely needed more newbie type explanation, the cargo haulage got my eyes wild open, according to your precription 3 20tons capacity, sir please can you quote the monthly return of 1 truck and the usual duration of contract if i decide to sign up 3 20tons cargo with this company.If possible the model and make year of cargo best prefered by this company. Thanks again for your generous reply.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by olushowunm(m): 9:58am On Jun 16, 2013
@OP.. Sorry for the typo, i mean minimum of 20tons and not 3 20tons truck...
But you can get that if you market that first when you come.. Then you can bring in the trucks if agreement is in place...
For the quarry, you can source for customers on NL here on the property section, then you can use your wide network to source for supplies, if you have a 30tons Mack truck, it can make you 60k per trip to Lagos on the average... If you have connection in Government or construction companies too, you can suply them granite and gravel for road construction and others...
So my only advise is to come down yourself with only one or two trucks and market yourself, then you can proceed to import more for expansion if you are okay with it or you sell the truck(s) if you are not satisfied with it....
Imagine, if you want to haul goods to north or even southwest, some people pay as much as 200k per 30tons cargo, i have paid 90k to Agbara within Ogun state before..
The potential is huge!
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by king9952: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
Thanks again Mr Olushowunm, i am very interesting in this one, i can start shopping for 30tons truck, let me be specific, the 30tons u meant is actually mack semi truck head usually sold here at auction about $18k to $28k without the back or cargo container, i can easily bring home 3 without difficulty, the problem now is where to get the back(steel cargo for haulage) that brings my next question sir, if its possible to construct those CARGO in NAIJA. Also needed to know what year is preferable, the 2004 -2006 model is what i am targetting. You can call me at (832 447 0700) or inbox my email >kingsley1@usa.com</ some 30tons truck pic for perfect example so i can be precisely on what exactly out here to target. Once again thank you sir.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by olushowunm(m): 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ok this is my email: olushowunmi2@gmail.com... For the trucks, i think you can get it cheaper in europe for M.A.N and Iveco which are more preffered in Nigeria due to low maintainance...
Also, for the cargo, you can buy it here, but i will advise you buy it there and use it to ship cars and other goods like spare parts which you can sell in Nigeria for quick money that can pay for the customs clearing and others... Then for the year and model, 2004 to 2006 is okay but if you can get lower models cheaper it will be okay... you can send me pictures of them for review... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by king9952: 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
Thanks a lot Olu, I am sending the attachment of some mack trucks with prices to your email, also review their prices and year to compare the europeans version. Please let me know if the trucks are the right model, thanks.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by sweden: 7:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
just to add that the haulage business is lucrative but u need to be on hand to supervise and equally insure the trucks.how much is it possible to get the mack dump trailers from the us.i am looking used trucks of 1988-1993 model.Thanks inticipation.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by king9952: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2013
Thanks for the input sweden, the 88-93 mack model in US sold between $14k to $19k depending on milleage and body condition. Hope the information serves you well.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by Chekitaut: 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
king9952: Thanks for the input sweden, the 88-93 mack model in US sold between $14k to $19k depending on milleage and body condition. Hope the information serves you well.
Europe is the best place you can buy truck i buy a tracotor head and a semi trailer from BAS truck @19kEuro
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by king9952: 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
Chekitaut please can you post the information of reliable tractors dealers in europe. Thanks for your input sir.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by Chekitaut: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
king9952: Chekitaut please can you post the information of reliable tractors dealers in europe. Thanks for your input sir.
BAS truck. and this is my transaction with BAS truck dealer.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by Chekitaut: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
olushowunm: @OP.. Sorry for the typo, i mean minimum of 20tons and not 3 20tons truck...
But you can get that if you market that first when you come.. Then you can bring in the trucks if agreement is in place...
For the quarry, you can source for customers on NL here on the property section, then you can use your wide network to source for supplies, if you have a 30tons Mack truck, it can make you 60k per trip to Lagos on the average... If you have connection in Government or construction companies too, you can suply them granite and gravel for road construction and others...
So my only advise is to come down yourself with only one or two trucks and market yourself, then you can proceed to import more for expansion if you are okay with it or you sell the truck(s) if you are not satisfied with it....
Imagine, if you want to haul goods to north or even southwest, some people pay as much as 200k per 30tons cargo, i have paid 90k to Agbara within Ogun state before..
The potential is huge!
Pls note that the maximum you can make per trip from ibadan, Abeokuta, Ogbere quarry to Lagos is 30-35k/trip take home without maintenance, Wear and tear, and salary. Note this
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by Copiousworld: 6:17am On Jun 19, 2013
I have done haulage before and got burnt bitterly. I personally will not advice anyone who is soft and not ready to down the drain with parties involved to venture into this biz. As lucrative as it may seems, its a very* risky and fund sucking business. From your manager to drivers, mechanics and motor boys can never be trusted and you see them all swearing in the name of God. Majority of the people in Nigeria want to make money from you and they go to any length to get this done. Best advice, Never let your truck embark on any long distance trip. Always be around your truck and be ready to fight, arrest or assault your workers/ partners in public places. Haulage are meant for people who are ready to go ANY length to succeed in the business. This is personal experience and a few friends i know who were also involved in haulage..

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by Chekitaut: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2013
Copiousworld: I have done haulage before and got burnt bitterly. I personally will not advice anyone who is soft and not ready to down the drain with parties involved to venture into this biz. As lucrative as it may seems, its a very* risky and fund sucking business. From your manager to drivers, mechanics and motor boys can never be trusted and you see them all swearing in the name of God. Majority of the people in Nigeria want to make money from you and they go to any length to get this done. Best advice, Never let your truck embark on any long distance trip. Always be around your truck and be ready to fight, arrest or assault your workers/ partners in public places. Haulage are meant for people who are ready to go ANY length to succeed in the business. This is personal experience and a few friends i know who were also involved in haulage..
No doubt u spoke well, i advice that principal truck owner should rest there mind on agreement with managers and accept to hand over the truck after a stipulated period. Mechanics sometimes are innocent but drivers are the major problem in haulage.
Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by IAmTobore(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2020
king9952:
I am considering relocating my family, two still young boys and and a girl including my wife to naija, we are currently base in houston close to half a decade and have decided to give our children the gift of well african seasoned noutured upbringing like my wife and myself acquired gowing up, that brings my attention to initiating comprehensive feasibility study into haulage industry in naija specifficaly Dump truck a.k.a tipper,since we are relocating possibly permanently, i am looking at exporting 5 2006 MACK Model dump truck from here but decideded turning to naijaland first for an advice from my good ole folks out there. Questions,best dump truck model for naija, the best business tipper model as in management for best ROI(Return of investment)eg leasing out daily or contracting with established management company, and finally daily returns from one tipper. Thanks in advance.
I know it's been over seven years, but did you continue with your plan?

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Graciously Please Details Tipper Business In Naija.. by Chekitaut: 2:28am On Oct 24, 2020
IAmTobore:
I know it's been over seven years, but did you continue with your plan?
Investing in Dump truck with ₦14m & insurance of 8% will get you a take home of about 1.4m-1.5m/month(Our company take responsibility of general Repair & maintenance)

Duration is 2years.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

M.m.m. Has Crashed Again / Bitcoin Investment / Help! All The Money In My UBA Account Has Just Been Stolen Online!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.