Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave (3176 Views)

Woman Caned In Indonesia For Being 'close' To A Man Not Her Husband: (photos) / Igbo Ideograms On Grave Stones In Virginia, US / Bizarre Tradition Of A Tribe In Indonesia **viewers Discretion Advised** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by pimplucious: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2013
Came across this so I thought I'd share it with NL peeps.

Only in Indonesia (especially Toraja), A corpse is usually being carried up to the grave, but in Toraja, the corpse is woken up letting it to walk to its grave. The corpse is woken up using black magic. This is done because in Toraja the graves/cemeteries is placed above limestone mountains.The corpse walks by itself, and its guided by an expert in black magic behind it.

Re: Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 16, 2013
embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by gunuvi(m): 10:43am On Jun 16, 2013
Are u serious? You mean they didn't use indonesian magic but "black magic"?
Okay na, but who is that woman standing beside the dead man? She also looks more like the man, is she also walking alongside the man to her grave?
Re: Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by johnwizey: 10:47am On Jun 16, 2013
All of em ® travellin †Φ the grave ni?
Re: Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by Enegod(m): 12:12pm On Jun 16, 2013
gunuvi: Are u serious? You mean they didn't use indonesian magic but "black magic"?
Okay na, but who is that woman standing beside the dead man? She also looks more like the man, is she also walking alongside the man to her grave?
they are all dead pple
Re: Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by henryadex(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
This is more of a magical art than reality The onlookers are amused and not sorrowful
Re: Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
Interesting shocked
Re: Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by pimplucious: 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Interesting shocked

U know what I mean
Re: Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
bullshi.t gist....why didn't dey upload a video of d dead man walking?

mchewwwwwwwww....nonsense gist angry
Re: Pic.in Indonesia The Dead Walk By Itself To Its Grave by 419forlife: 4:21am On Jul 05, 2013
gob dam dem magic power is to many shocked

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Have This Igbo Song Stuck On My Head But I Don't Know The Title. I Need Help. / Ibalu Mmaonwu By Chief Micheal Udegbi.. Who understands the message... / ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.