Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. (34071 Views)

Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
Bro Sienna plz reply my question.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by ianq: 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
Wow. Amazing thread. There's something I find therapeutic, watching a truly great car, presumed dead, being brought properly back to life by true experts. I'm loving it!
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bossforeva: Bro Sienna plz reply my question.

Hello bro, could you please start another thread? So we don't derail T-die's project threa, I can give you some ideas there.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by sleektangaralle: 8:43am On Aug 31, 2013
Update pls
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
T-die's order left the UK for Nigeria on Friday the 30th August.

It's not easy packaging bulky items like alloy wheels for international shipment. Putting all 4 in one package, with the suspension arma AND CV joints will result in a very heavy box, it'll be better to put them in a purpose-built crate. But, it'll be virtually impossible to lift the crate into a car. The crate will also add to the shipping weight.

I opted to ship as 2 seperate packages - 2 alloy wheels, with half the suspension components, and 1 CV joint in each pack. The items to package with are rolls of brown parcel tape, bubble wrap and black shrink wrap.

Packaging materials:

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
And the packed items. Pictures are pretty self-explanatory:

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
Siena, I can't begin to even say how much I appreciate all you've done. My Audi also sure feels the same way. She'd have been condemned to spend a long time on the used car stand, and then probably sold off for parts.

I remain eternally grateful.

As for car colors, I have tried to limit myself to 3 choices;

1. Cream white exterior with black roof and the whole back end debadged except for the audi rings (which would be blacked out with plastidip). Also the chrome window trims and front chrome grilles as well as the side mirrors would be blacked out.

2. Imola yellow exterior with black roof and other mods as above

3. Oxblood red (metallic) also with black roof etc.

But let me get her mechanical aspects sorted out first though.... smiley.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
I purposely left one of the packages unsealed, as there was a last minute order, that was due on Friday. The items were packed on Thursday.

The fuel tank on the Audi was leaking from the fuel gauge sender / pump seals, on top of the tank. So when the tank was full, gasoline seeped past the seals, filling the cabin with fumes.

These seals were ordered from Audi on Thursday, and delivered on Friday morning. So all I had to do was pop them into the unsealed package, and that was that.

The seals:

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
T-die, that's okay, it's nice to be part of this project, so it's all good.

I would go with either the Cream or Imola. The Oxblood, being a darker colour, the black rook won't be as striking. The black roof certainly works best on lighter, more contrasting colours, the results are really much more dramatic.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by igomen: 11:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
Adrenaline rush...never thought I would feel this way but alas I can't help it...kudos to you guys, all the best
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
Team Imola Yellow
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Gee2728(m): 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
My choice of color for a car depend on the frequency of use of the car. Rly wld not want to be seen in a yellow or two tune color car everyday of the week, cos it wld take away the exclusivity... Jst my view.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Gee2728(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Som view

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2013
Wtz holding Us?
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by JUO(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
pls update
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
Unfortunately I do not have any good news for now.
Problem is that the Nigeria Customs shut down Skyways Aviation Handling Company Limited ( SAHCOL) and the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO Aviance).
Apparently these are the 2 Clearing houses through which all imported items have to pass through for clearing.
As it is, my items,as well as that of every other Nigerian who has imported items since the last 2 weeks or so, are all stuck with no end in sight.
No information/updates from Customs, NAHCO or SAHCOL-even on their websites.
Nothing in the news except reports about the initial closing of the clearing houses last week.
Nigeria can get really really trying at times....
Nothing left to do except to wait it out.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
I'm monitoring things from my end too. If I get any updates, I'll post them here.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2013
If only i had money i could have used this opportunity of ASUU Strike 2 start the restoration of ma 190 bought 4 100k nd join the league anyway am still looking 4 funds and some guys that can donate some kits 2 me...
@T-die, is it nt Okay 4 u 2 start d paint job while waitin 4 d ordered parts?
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2013
About time too...
After a long and frustrating wait, coupled with appalling customer service from the Nigerian end of the freight forwarders, my items have finally arrived Uyo.
I'm so behind schedule, but that should be remedied in a bit.
I will be writing a strongly worded letter to the freight forwarders in Lagos-though such things almost never work in Nigeria.

Final phase commences!! Yay...
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by camaro(m): 11:26am On Sep 30, 2013
i have been following the thread and i cant wait to see what she looks like so far. Dont forget to include visual, cheers!
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2013
T-die, glad the goods have finally arrived. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the car turns out.

When is she going in for paint? And have you decided on a colour scheme yet?
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 11:53am On Oct 01, 2013
Siena: T-die, glad the goods have finally arrived. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the car turns out.

When is she going in for paint? And have you decided on a colour scheme yet?

Thanks Bro, without you this project would have been DOA.
Paint job would be commenced hopefully within the next 10 days-if I can get all the mechanicals finally sorted out.
Colour scheme would depend on the level of expertise of the Car body shops here in Uyo as painting is not the speciality of the workshop where my car is currently.
I'm still kinda stuck between Imola yellow (at the risk of looking like a taxi wink ) and Cream white. 2 days ago I saw a Hyundai Elantra with a really nice shade of Creamy gray (my description)-would have to look up the colour options available for the Hyundai Elantra for the exact color name/code.

Team Black on white

Team Imola yellow

Team Creamy Gray
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
Final phase of Mechanical work- Dei Gratia

Suspension work

Suspension work II

Checking for fit of the wheels.

Had a bit of a shock this afternoon when the Tire section of the workshop told me that the wheels I suffered to get from the UK wouldn't fit... Nearly had a stroke.
Luckily it turns out that the wheels have an offset of ET29 which would fit in... (Remote assistance from Siena, and some googling and searching Audi forums on my part)
Paint job starts hopefully by next wednesday....
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 11:58am On Oct 11, 2013
Loading.... wink

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by KomradeKorsche: 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
t-die:
Final phase of Mechanical work- Dei Gratia

Suspension work

Suspension work II

Checking for fit of the wheels.

Had a bit of a shock this afternoon when the Tire section of the workshop told me that the wheels I suffered to get from the UK wouldn't fit... Nearly had a stroke.
Luckily it turns out that the wheels have an offset of ET29 which would fit in... (Remote assistance from Siena, and some googling and searching Audi forums on my part)
Paint job starts hopefully by next wednesday....
colour, are u goin in 4?
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by auhanson(m): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
t-die:

Once the front suspension parts and new Rims arrive, I'll have them fitted, and then she goes in for a respray...

Am yet to decide on the colour... any suggestions??

For durability sake, maintain the same colour, you may add spices to it if you wish; this will help you a great deal too if you may wish to work on a dainted portion in future ..all you 'll ever need will be the colour code on your fuel fillap.

But then, give it to a good painter don't mind the price...

congrats

1 Like

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
One last change, and she's all good to go... My coolant temp sensor-which is in the most difficult-to-get-to position i have ever encountered (between the back of the engine and the bulkhead) and a new thermostat (which will be arriving soon)

And then off to the body shop...

...And no, I'm am not retaining the old alloy rims- the new rims are undergoing a makeover and will be fitted once they're done

And the color shall be..... wink
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by thelegend1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
Drumroll...following keenly on what this whip will look like next week!

well done t-die; you have exhibited hardcore perseverance on this project.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by samir101ng(m): 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
Wow !!!

Team Black on White all the way !!!

Seriously considering an Audi currently as my next upgrade.

Got my eye currently on this baby !!!

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
...Loading.... wink
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
t-die:
...Loading.... wink
oya T-live sharpaly dey load all d pix now now! I dey feel u bro
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by camaro(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2013
lomomike: oya T-live sharpaly dey load all d pix now now! I dey feel u bro
i have already worn my shade to pair at my hd screen for the pics.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus / The Fastest Car Of Every Decade (1880-present) / Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.