Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like (7377 Views)

#NigeriaAt55: Evolution Of Nigerian Fashion Since 1960(photos) / 14-Year-Old Nigerian Fashion Designer Debuts In London & Florida / What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? (2) (3) (4)

This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 7:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
This is some frontpage stuff, just saying.
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 7:15pm On Jun 16, 2013

Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
Check out her personal blog http://naijafashionillustrated./. This is unadulterated talent. She has also worked as an illustrator for Genevieve magazine.
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by Sanboy25: 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
Very nice sketches, the clothes are very fashionable.
I tried to imagine to pose of the mannequins with real person though and the the representation is just so awkward... undecided
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
Sanboy25: Very nice sketches, the clothes are very fashionable.
I tried to image to pose of the mannequins with real person though and the the representation is just so awkward... undecided
You cant deny the raw talent here.
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by dhejykeane: 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
Really nice work but they all look like toothpicks.shey make fat people no wear cloth again ni

Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by Sanboy25: 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
8ightball: You cant deny the raw talent here.
Sure, she is blessed. smiley
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2013
dhejykeane: Really nice work but they all look like toothpicks.shey make fat people no wear cloth again ni
No discrimination. Just a sample of her designs
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
dhejykeane: Really nice work but they all look like toothpicks.shey make fat people no wear cloth again ni
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by lulukay(f): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2013
Cool indeed,but is this really wise? I could steal those ideas on d sketches n make them mine..I believe ur sketch book should be as private as ur peepee grin nice sketches tho wink
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 9:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
lulukay: Cool indeed,but is this really wise? I could steal those ideas on d sketches n make them mine..I believe ur sketch book should be as private as ur peepee grin nice sketches tho wink

You can steal them, but to what end? you cant reproduce anything similar to it on demand if asked to. Moreover there are a million and one from where these came from. Just saying.
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
She is a fashion illustrator with jewels by lisa. Mrs emmanuella aito imonah. [url]naijafashionillustrated.[/url]
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 1:06am On Jun 19, 2013
About
This is how Nigerian and African fashion should be like….Edgy, on trend and well-made. My name is Omonigho Aito-Imonah. I am a fashion illustrator and pattern-maker. I had a coloumn in Genevieve magazine for two years (2009-2011) titled “Style Sketch” in whch my sketches were displayed alongside their real-life counterparts and I have also worked at Jewel By Lisa as a pattern-maker and illustrator. In between jobs, I have taught fashion illustration and pattern-making at several fashion schools in lagos. I just finished my book titled “Fashion Drawing and Design For the “Naija Fashionista”, in which the basic principles behind drawing standard fashion figures, styling and putting together a proper fashion collection are taught. As an incentive to buying the book,I am throwing in a training pack and a 4-week training in fashion illustration, starting from the first Thursday in July, for a token of N25,000.00 (twenty-five thousand naira only. Please contact me (my details can be found below) for further details.

Whilst I wait for my dream job of being creative director/ Head designer of the African arm of an international fashion label (Channel, Givenchy, H&M, TopShop, Burberry, please take note), I also do the following:

1) Consult for individuals wanting to start their own fashion labels, through Conceptualization, portfolio creation,pattern-making sample-making and mass-production.

2) Look-book, Catalogue, Portfolio, Run-Way/Fashion Show conceptualization and creation.

3) Training in Pattern-Making and Fashion illustration.

4) Mass-production of samples seen on the blog.

For orders, enquiries

Omonigho Emmanuella Aito-Imonah

BB PIN: 29D8f0DF

Telephone: +234-8055921473

Email: omoimonah@gmail.com or omonighoimonah@yahoo.com

Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by aijaydiva(f): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
[b][/b]FRONT PAGE PLEASE!!!!! THANK YOU. i stole some concepts though grin grin grin grin

Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:14am On Jun 20, 2013
I still cant get over the faces of those models in the sketches grin grin grin grin they look like wilywily cheesy

But nice job dear as a designer/ fashion instructor ,i give to you dear kudos wink
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by sisilondon: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
Lol @ efosaval's comment. The sketches r cool n well carried out no doubt, but lukn @ 'em I cnt c anything different from what we see out there so wths wth the thread title? 'This is how naija fashion shld look like?? Plz enlighten me
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
sisi london: Lol @ efosaval's comment. The sketches r cool n well carried out no doubt, but lukn @ 'em I cnt c anything different from what we see out there so wths wth the thread title? 'This is how naija fashion shld look like?? Plz enlighten me

I tire o, cheesy grin

Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
This lady is extremely talented. Respect it and dont hate. My 2 cents
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
8ightball: This lady is extremely talented. Respect it and dont hate. My 2 cents

Who isnt talented on nairaland? Which one be ya own.

My 500k grin cool
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2013
EFOSA VAL:

Who isnt talented on nairaland? Which one be ya own.

My 500k grin cool
In other news, head over to her blog to see new mind blowing designs . [url]naijafashionillustrated.[/url]
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by sisilondon: 6:39am On Jun 21, 2013
@ 8gthball- no one's hating from reading the comments I knw for sure I'm not cos I'm a mom n my kids r showing artistic skilld which I'm proud of so if anything, I can identify with you, was only stating the obvious. Plus I think you r the fashion illustrator own it,stop referring to urself in second person narrative.
PS. Efosaval is right to express herself n dr r loads of talent on nairaland so try to be more professional as no one is 'hating ' rather embrace criticism cos you have to have a thick skin to be in any art related field

Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 9:41am On Jun 21, 2013
sisi london: @ 8gthball- no one's hating from reading the comments I knw for sure I'm not cos I'm a mom n my kids r showing artistic skilld which I'm proud of so if anything, I can identify with you, was only stating the obvious. Plus I think you r the fashion illustrator own it,stop referring to urself in second person narrative.
PS. Efosaval is right to express herself n dr r loads of talent on nairaland so try to be more professional as no one is 'hating ' rather embrace criticism cos you have to have a thick skin to be in any art related field

I am not the illustrator, although I wish I was. I am just a supporter.
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by Tblezin87(f): 11:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
There is nothing special dat.
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nigerian indigenous fashion is over the top and glamorous and these are 3 new designs I have put up for you viewing pleasure.

Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by biafranqueen: 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
Very hot do you make the pattern and sew it?
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
biafranqueen: Very hot do you make the pattern and sew it?
Yes, you can have your customized design and have it sewn to your specifications.
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
And more: [url]naijafashionillustrated.[/url] for more awesome designs

Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
And the last one for today.
Mrs Emmanuella Omonigho Aito-Imonah/ Fashion Designer extraordinaire
omoimonah@gmail.com for consultation/general enquiry
[url]naijafashionillustrated.[/url]
BB PIN: 29D8f0DF
Telephone: +234-8055921473

Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by oyinbogirl(f): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
cute n sassy
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
oyinbogirl: cute n sassy

Thanks. Do visit [url]naijafashionillustrated.[/url] for more mind blowing designs .
Re: This Is How Nigerian Fashion Should Look Like by 8ightball: 7:03am On Jun 28, 2013
Visit [url]naijafashionillustrated.[/url] for more designs.

Turkey Wholesales Group / Where To Get F1 Shirts / Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap