Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic (8016 Views)

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order / Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists / ISIS Supreme Leader's Wife, Son Captured And Detained In Lebanon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Lordlexy: 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
obo_man: Nigerians and their typical reasoning.....

Why would you say it serves them right? I think we should condemn all forms of illegal detentions.

Irrespective of what she reports, the best way of fighting back false reporting is counter reporting....

If Nigerians and Nigeriens think her report is biased and one-sided, what they should do is take their national broadcasters to the scene and tell us their own version of events.

Agreed, every form of unlawful detention shld be condemd. But, so far, they were detained 4 a cause tat bothers on fake reporting hence d need 4 questioning. Your insinuation about d authority using local media 2 counter malicious report from an intl media like aljazera known 4 propaganda is inconsequential. I tink, wat d authority has done so far is d best approach 2 retrieve those unconfirmed videos from d crew. Until d do so, i advice d should remained detained. Tis will serve as a deterent to those who tink Nig nd Africa at large is a place where everytin goes.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Mcdondayan: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
This is good news. They should be banned from Nigeria. A very biased media institution, filled with hate for anything that will not favour their islamic agenda. Hold them very well and even if you release others, dont release Yvonne.

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Capnd143(m): 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
am sensing nigeria's involvement in this, the reason the were detained is not far fetched, so i guess the Nigerian authorities preferred not to arrest her on Nigerian soil in other to avoid it being blown up as it always does when it comes to matters involving our dear little republic, i think Nigeria used diplomatic pressures or perhaps threats to close permanently nigerian-niger border to force the nigeRIENS into detaining that person of a reporter

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
HAH: Detaining them will only make them more popular moreover what is wrong in reporting a refugee crises.

For those saying that Aljazeera is one sided didn't you hail their bravery while reporting the Niger Delta crises meeting with the militants, all of a sudden they are villain because they are reporting a crises in the north.

Shame on their abductors
I have said it many times that Algazeera helps disident movements, not only with propaganda but also with cash and plays the mail man for them. This is not the first time aljazeera crew is arrested, it happened in almost every arab country in which aljazeera tryed to create havoc. Aljazeera's boss is the emir of Qatar, a man who finances global terrorism. So I think you all understand who aljazeera is now.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by akpomeme(m): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
ehhehehehehehehe... fake reporting channel.. Niger Republic go show them the french way of dealing with lies grin grin grin grin dem be dey wan stage fake refugeee to report to the world that Nigerians have fled conflict ridden zones only to be caught stage managing people who confessed to be paid for interview
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by rozayx5(m): 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
Capnd143: am sensing nigeria's involvement in this, the reason the were detained is not far fetched, so i guess the Nigerian authorities preferred not to arrest her on Nigerian soil in other to avoid it being blown up as it always does when it comes to matters involving our dear little republic, i think Nigeria used diplomatic pressures or perhaps threats to close permanently nigerian-niger border to force the nigeRIENS into detaining that person of a reporter

grin grin
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by dgitrader(m): 4:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
Let's not rush into conclusion, going by the report, Nigeria has nothing to do with the detention. It's also not logical to detain foriegn journalist in unclear circumstances like these, it's not good for the image of any country. Best practise is to blacklist the media organization. Nigeria better learn from the Chinese. Let's wait and see as events unfold
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Okijajuju1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Niger authorities should put one bullet in each of their butt chicks for me.. I will pay for the bullet.. angry

Those people are terrorist sympathisers.. angry

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by EmperorSeal(m): 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
grin I have hated them since 2010 after I saw their biased report on that crisis, taking side with the muslims, that station lacks credibility and am so happy Niger is dealing with them now.......Both the male and female crew should be given hard labour to scare them from our coast
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
I want her head angry
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
obo_man: Nigerians and their typical reasoning.....

Why would you say it serves them right? I think we should condemn all forms of illegal detentions.

Irrespective of what she reports, the best way of fighting back false reporting is counter reporting....

If Nigerians and Nigeriens think her report is biased and one-sided, what they should do is take their national broadcasters to the scene and tell us their own version of events.

Counter gini?
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
Actually Aljazeera was cut spying in Niger.
And may I ask: spying for who ?
For terrorists of course.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/al-jazeera-crew-held-for-3-days-in-niger-after-govt-says-they-failed-to-get-accreditation/2013/06/17/675d3ce2-d742-11e2-b418-9dfa095e125d_story.html
"They were again arrested around (3 p.m. GMT) Sunday, charged with espionage."
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by ovo4u(m): 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
They should pls sell that stupi.d lady to Boko Boys. I swear they won't use condom cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1327830/yvonne-ndege-al-jazeera-detained
Actually Aljazeera is paying people to say things on camera.
This again is a proof that aljazeera people are not journalists, they are a propaganda outfit which helps terrorists.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Celestine247(m): 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
Mass Media should help in unifying a nation and not pulling it down, so shameful that politician are using the media who are suppose to use there intuition to ensure a peaceful co existence. Aljazeera is claiming to be a freedom fighter and i don't blame them, they have the support and backup from there gorvernment( Sheikh). Is anything wrong if Nigeria can equipped our so called NTA to international standard, even to African standard, don't blame Aljazeera at all, watch all the imperialist country like France, USA, Britain and even China, They have station like France 24, CBN, BBC, CCTV respectively., don't blame aljazeera at all, even ordinary football live match between Nigeria and other country they can't show, we are in the era of cable Tv and i can see why Abacha did not allow DSTV into the country back then.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
I'm sure NIGERIA's SSS orchestrated their apprehension.. Doing that on our soil wouldn't come out cool.. Nice one!
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by hardbody: 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
dgitrader: Let's not rush into conclusion, going by the report, Nigeria has nothing to do with the detention. It's also not logical to detain foriegn journalist in unclear circumstances like these, it's not good for the image of any country. Best practise is to blacklist the media organization. Nigeria better learn from the Chinese. Let's wait and see as events unfold

Bros, logic 101...Oya answer

What is the difference between

a. Nigeria and b. Niger

Question 2.

If a person from Nigeria is a Nigerian, a person from Niger Republic is..........

Answer all questions. 5 minutes.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
hardbody:

Bros, logic 101...Oya answer

What is the difference between

a. Nigeria and b. Niger

Question 2.

If a person from Nigeria is a Nigerian, a person from Niger Republic is..........

Answer all questions. 5 minutes.
For starters, Nigeria and Niger are two different countries. Niger is mostly muslim while Nigeria is has as much christians as muslims. Nigeria has 175 million citizens while Niger has about 17 million people.
And citizens of Niger Republic are called Nigerien while citizens of Nigeria are called Nigerians.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by chris365(m): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
i saw her report and she lied again just to discredit Nigerian government. not knowing that theres no freedom of press to lie in Niger grin

The UN reported that out of the 6000 refugees that fled to Niger, about 1000+ are Nigerians while the rest were Nigerien that lived in Nigeria.

And Ndege with her covert downplaying of Nigerian government lied that all the refugees are Nigerians. thanks to her many ignorant 9ja fans, she still feels she has people to deceive.

Abeg make them remember to give am ewa ti o ni epo grin
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by shizzle11(m): 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
I started developing hatred for that Yvonne Ndege since that fake video was aired on AL jazeera. She has become a tool in the hands of that Arab news channel with her biased journalism....

But wait a minute, I love these Nigerien'o! They're not smiling at all. grin If it was in Nigeria this happened now, some stewpid people especially those BH sympathisers and their sponsors including some silly politicians would have been crying blue murder and screening human rights violation and oppression of press freedom
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by shizzle11(m): 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
Akson man: One of the Nigerien Aboki soldiers should please do me a favour and fvck Yvonne Ndege in her yansh hole.

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Okijajuju1(m): 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Akson man: One of the Nigerien Aboki soldiers should please do me a favour and fvck Yvonne Ndege in her yansh hole.

And If Femi Oke was amongst them, i would have also love for them to have fhuuucked that her big mouth.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by collynzo2(m): 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Where is Tbaba1234? When we said these people where making up stories, he kept on defending them.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by collynzo2(m): 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
Al Jazeera will not give you the full story.
DAKAR, Senegal — A team of Al-Jazeera journalists
has been detained for three days in eastern Niger,
where they are being held inside a prison cell,
according to a statement Monday from the Qatar-
owned network. Niger’s government spokesman said the group
was filming illegally, having entered the country
with only a visa. Journalists in Niger are required to
also apply for an authorization from the ministry of
communication, said spokesman Marou Amadou,
who is also the country’s justice minister. He denied that the team is being held, saying only
that their material was seized and is being
inspected. Hasan Salim Patel, a spokesman in the network’s
media relations office, said that the Al-Jazeera crew
had just finished filming a story on refugees who
have been flooding across the Niger border from
neighboring Nigeria, where security forces recently
launched a military operation to flush out Islamic insurgents. Patel said the team was detained at
around 9 a.m. GMT on Saturday after leaving the
Niger town of Goure. The team — correspondent Yvonne Ndege, camera
operator Romuald Luyindula, producer Mohammed
Abubakar, as well as their driver Rabiu Abdullahi —
were transferred to the district capital of Zinder. “They were taken to Zinder for questioning by
what they believe are intelligence services and
interrogated for 10 hours,” Patel wrote in an email.
“They were again arrested around (3 p.m. GMT)
Sunday, charged with espionage. A couple of hours
later, denied any rights with passports, gear taken away and all personal belongings including shoes
and jewelry. They were all put in shared holding
cells, denied food and water.” On Sunday, they were taken for fingerprinting.
They were able to see that their file read
“espionage,” though the evidence field had been
left blank. Later in the day, they were told that they
were free to go, and were taken to the senior
official who was supposed to return their passports. “Within an hour, the team was detained
again, this time without any charges of explanation
and their gear has been taken again,” Patel said in
the email. Niger’s Justice Minister Marou Amadou told The
Associated Press that Al-Jazeera had failed to get
the proper accreditation, and had started working
with only a visa. “They entered the country without accreditation,
with only a visa that they got in Kano (in Nigeria).
You know the rules, administratively we cannot
accept this. They need to come to the ministry and
apply for their accreditation,” he said. He denied that they are being detained. “We are not
detaining them. We are just inspecting their
material. And they are waiting for their material to
be released. I insisted that they not be held,” he
said. “But in any case, they are here illegally.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/al-jazeera-crew-held-for-3-days-in-niger-after-govt-says-they-failed-to-get-accreditation/2013/06/17/675d3ce2-d742-11e2-b418-9dfa095e125d_story.html
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by EmperorSeal(m): 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by dasparrow: 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
@Post

All I can say is serves them right. Aljazeera is a biased media company who keeps reporting false stories or half baked truths about Nigeria. Now, they have bitten more than they can chew. I pray the government of Niger locks them up and throws the keys away! They think Niger is like Nigeria where they can do whatever they want and get away with it.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

All I can say is serves them right. Aljazeera is a biased media company who keeps reporting false stories or half baked truths about Nigeria. Now, they have bitten more than they can chew. I pray the government of Niger locks them up and throws the keys away! They think Niger is like Nigeria where they can do whatever they want and get away with it.
You do know Nigeria is much more powerfull than Niger, right ?
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by musiwa24: 12:03am On Jun 18, 2013
how could that be.. the blowing up and killing in nigeria is fake news.. I dont think, you people know nigeria.. Look in nigeria.. people kill people. even if they come to your house they can kill you. And nothing will happen... even police run for their life..

why is the former nigeria chief of police now living in london. fear for his life.. if police boss can run for his life. what for the people. even the president of nigeria is not safe..may be you people think. you are in europe. this is africa. anything goes.

do this video look fake to you.. will you allow someone to beat the hell out of you. that the police beating boko haram out of their body.

do that video look like the north will agree to the satellite pictures to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-IiDlODqxA
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by amiskurie(m): 11:05am On Jun 18, 2013
Please,before u release that ndege of a creature ask her never to report crap abt nigeria she knws nuttin abt.
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
collynzo2: Where is Tbaba1234? When we said these people where making up stories, he kept on defending them.
I cursed him sad
Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
musiwa24: how could that be.. the blowing up and killing in nigeria is fake news.. I dont think, you people know nigeria.. Look in nigeria.. people kill people. even if they come to your house they can kill you. And nothing will happen... even police run for their life..

why is the former nigeria chief of police now living in london. fear for his life.. if police boss can run for his life. what for the people. even the president of nigeria is not safe..may be you people think. you are in europe. this is africa. anything goes.

do this video look fake to you.. will you allow someone to beat the hell out of you. that the police beating boko haram out of their body.

do that video look like the north will agree to the satellite pictures to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-IiDlODqxA
Dude you're reta.rd ....just kill yourself

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Crew Detained In Niger Republic by akpomeme(m): 3:14am On Jun 29, 2013
sheyie2007:
Dude you're reta.rd ....just kill yourself

This niga can map ... grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iran And Israel: Comparing Military Machines / We May Need Iridium To Survive The Intense Heat Of 2012 / 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.