Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,992 members, 7,956,703 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:10 PM

Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback (965 Views)

Feedback For New Web Application / Please Help Me Test And Give Feedback On An Application I Just Wrote / Kindly Need Your Feedback On This Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hi Guys got another nerve-wrecking coursework at school, am suppose to create an application in Processing and reacTIVISION as usual, but this time a player moves the object along a predefined path, and if he's on the right path i send a tactile feedback to the Arduino Boarding or a Visual Feedback depending on the scenario. my issues is the best way to draw a path and detecting when object is outside the path, P.S: I will prefer not to get access to codes but an explanation, because i wud love to defend this in the future.
Re: Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by lordZOUGA(m): 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
I do not know about the graphics framework you are using but I have worked extensively with qt c++'s graphics framework and I believe I can do this with it. the algorithm is probably the same. is that okay?
Re: Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Sure i don't mind as long as i understand the algorithm i can port it to any language, because processing is still Java, and Java and C++ are not too different that much, i would appreciate it a lot.
Re: Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
After consulting my lecturer he said i could use Shapes and detect if the point is within those shapes, though yes this works, it feels a bit "hackish" what do you think ? its not about taking short-cuts, its about implementating it the right way, I was assuming i use co-ordinates and detect if the user is outside that co-ordinate. anyway I'm still open to more ideas.

Re: Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by lordZOUGA(m): 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
okay, can the framework you are using locate items at certain positions an api like graphicsitem *itemAt(point).
qt C++ has events methods that are called when certain things are happening on the scene. does your framework have that too?
Re: Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
Actually its more of the same concept of HTML5 Canvas, you can't really detect an item at a certain position because everything is "painted", but I can create the Shapes as class and store it's offsets as vector, but i will have to traverse all the shapes to check if current location of user is within the any of those shapes. No it doesn't have sad
Re: Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by Javanian: 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
pc guru: use co-ordinates and detect if the user is outside that co-ordinate.

#Couldnt have said it better, this is what most games i have seen use
Re: Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Javanian:

#Couldnt have said it better, this is what most games i have seen use

Thanks I will work on that tomorrow, now i feel confident enough to tackle this, i will post my feedback on the implementations after i have done it, thanks alot @javanian and @lordZouga
Re: Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by kambo(m): 2:39am On Jun 18, 2013
sounds like the bounding rectangle cases typical in intro to game programming books.
Re: Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks all, though had to settle for the bounding box collision, as trying the distance between the addition of the two radius was proving tough and accuracy is not really something being marked for.

(1) (Reply)

Swalli Whot Game Crashes Phone / Where Does Programming Belong? / Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.