Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Stolen Kisses; Guilty Pleasures (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stolen Kisses; Guilty Pleasures (A Short Story) (1334 Views)

Hurtful Pleasures / The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains / The Simple Pleasures Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Kisses; Guilty Pleasures (A Short Story) by Abisoyee(m): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
Really I am not the type that likes mixing business with pleasure but sometimes some things usually get out of control and before you realize it, you are onto something you won’t do normally. Amanda was one of those girls that share the same passion with me, we are both lovers of literature and we had met at a dinner party organized by a friend. She was seated by my right and had saved me from the boring and mindless talk of a science geek seated by my left at the table. The guy though through no fault of his had mistaken me for a science lover and had kept droning on and on about this new experiment he was working on. I had kept an interested face out of politeness so as not to hurt the poor dude’s feeling while deep inside I was yawning with boredom. I know how painful it could be when you want to share your work with somebody and you are met with disinterest. Amanda is one very perspective lady and she had seen through my feigned interest. Immediately a light music started playing from the live band in attendance, she had stood up in that gorgeous blue evening gown that I will never forget and smiled this saccharine-sweet smile at the science geek. She was a charmer quite alright, she asked him if she could borrow me for a minute for this dance as it was her favourite song and that was how I got saved.

I was more than relieved and I took her hands and quickly escaped to the dance floor with her. The first thing she said to me was, I know how bored you must be with all that mumbo jumbo crap that guy was yarning about. She saw the surprised look on my face and smiled that smile of hers. We danced to the song and I found out she was quite a good dancer. As the music came slowly to an end, she asked if I was ready to go back to our seat, the expression on my face was my answer and we that we fled to the balcony and that’s where we got talking. She was a National Diploma II (ND 2) Business Administration student of a polytechnic near my school and she had been invited by her friend. We talked like we had known each other all our lives and that’s when I found out she was also a writer and owned a whole website. I was excited and we shared our dreams; mine about my plans and aspirations for my blog and hers for her website. We exchanged contacts and bade each other goodbye at the end of the party.

At this point in time, there was no attraction just platonic friendship between two people that shared the same interest although I did notice that she was an attractive girl. We became quite close after that party night as I called her the next day and she invited me for a drink later that evening just to hang out and talk more. I met her in one of the restaurants in her school and we just talked on and on about things. She told me more about herself, she had a distant boyfriend in Ibadan and she was not really sure about the state of things, she also showed me some of the things she had done and I reciprocated by showing her some of my write ups too.

We had known each other for quite a couple of weeks when she invited me for a house party that one of her friends was organizing and asked if I would like to be her date. I replied in the affirmative and just as we had agreed I accompanied her on that day. That was when things spiraled out of control, Amanda had a little bit too much to drink and she stared acting funny. She became all clingy and started getting romantic on me, touching me intimately and whispering sweet nothings. I was confused, I didn’t know if it was the alcohol working or if she was in control because she kept saying she was fine and knew what was doing. For the first time we kissed, and it wasn’t just a kiss. It was one of those deep ones that usually seem to last forever, we left the party early and went over to my place where we made out and talked. We laughed and talked and did more making out. She left in the early hours of the morning saying she had some things to do.

Now we are both avoiding bringing up that night because we don’t really know what the other might be thinking. I want to ask her but don’t know if she remembers or if she will feel embarrassed by her actions that night. We have both gone back to the way we used to be, talking about things of interest but avoiding anything that has to do with romance; I like to remember that night as the night of stolen kisses.

www.poshkidcharming.

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Kisses; Guilty Pleasures (A Short Story) by darlynlara(f): 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
i kina lyk it ok i lyk its precise yet captivating bt its 2 short o! Anyways thumbz up love atleast u had d courage 2ryt unlyk me,buh am sure u can do beta

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian / Bloody Civilian (1,2&3) Written By Michael Luxguy Augustine / Please Can Someone Direct Me To This Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.