Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains (5888 Views)

A Touching, Inspiring Story I Found On Naijastories This Morning! / Blades Of Tears: Twin Kingdoms, Twin Princes / Should There Be Another Review Site 4 Nigerian Writers Aside From Naijastories? (2) (3) (4)

The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by MyneWhite1(f): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Naijastories.com is the leading community for Nigerian writers and book lovers, combining elements of a writing critique website and a social networking site. Of Tears and Kisses, Heroes and Villains is the first Volume in the “Best of Naija Stories” series. The stories featured in the anthology were all originally published on Naijastories.com between March 2010 and March 2011. They were selected through a combination of member nominations and editor selections of the most popular and well written stories on the website.

Over a period of six months, about 60 stories were whittled down to 30 as the writers signed contracts, and then worked with editors to polish up their works. Though it was not an easy process, I am happy to say that we all took away some important lessons that will help us as we continue to work with writers on Naijastories.com. We also welcome reviews of both the website and the new book. You can read two sample stories included in the anthology on our website

1. Jesus of Sports Hall by Lulufa Vongtau - http://www.naijastories.com/2010/04/jesus-of-sports-hall-2/
2. If Tears could Speak by Salatu Sule - http://www.naijastories.com/2011/01/if-tears-could-speak/

Buy Paperback from Createspace https://www.createspace.com/3768103

Buy in Kindle format and Print from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HTV65U/

Buy the NOOK version from http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/naija-stories-myne-whitman/1109352872?ean=2940013936577

Buy other eBook formats from Smashwords - https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/139458

**If you live in Nigeria and want the ebook delivered in PDF to your inbox, please contact admin@naijastories.com for payment details (via Zenith Bank and GTBank).

REVIEWS

These are stories about us or about our neighbours or something we’ve encountered in the news. They are what our friends tell us, their pain and joy, their passion and rage, their yearning and their cry against injustice. I enjoyed lots of the stories not just because of their simplicity and brevity but also for freshness they bring to storytelling and public discourse.
- Sylva Nze Ifedigbo. (Author, The Funeral Did Not End)

Here we are, with our abortions, our bereavement, our lust, our petty showdowns, our pederasts, our In-Law wahala, our problems chatting up girls in the diaspora, our memories of childhood, our fights, our incest, our love, our examination stress, our metafictional accounts, our encounters with university campus cults, our broken families, our... well, you get the idea. We rob banks, but we also eat salty beans to show our children we love them.
- Tade Thompson (Writer/Editor)

These short stories are not constrained by the need to attain fame. They all are, first of all, good works written with sharp perspectives that are related to various societal issues. There is a unique allure in every story. They have not been sifted through a Western colander. Support this anthology and show that there is a worthiness of effort in putting it together. This anthology is indeed the birth of writers that have newly been empowered. Go get a copy for yourself.
- Joseph Omotayo (Blogger/Book Critic)

Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by mykejones(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
I registerd on this site last week through your link,but i tried loggin in2day all to no avail. Was tryin2comment on a story by@kaycee.
It's a nice site though,one am keen to bcom a member
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2012
I am actually looking for tales! It would be of immense benefits to what I intend working on.
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
Amazing website including mynewhitemanwrites! You may just have rekindled my burning desire for naija novels.
Thank you!
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by msb247(m): 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2012
these days, i think we should ONLY read stories on peace and security! Y'all know why lipsrsealed

Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by ojochidem(m): 4:41am On Mar 28, 2012
Great work, Great concept. This will help boost our reading culture.
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by emsquare(m): 6:09am On Mar 28, 2012
msb247: these days, i think we should ONLY read stories on peace and security! Y'all know why lipsrsealed

Okay!
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by visionsen(m): 6:25am On Mar 28, 2012
Nice work, Guy.
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 28, 2012
Wow! Great news indeed, will try and get one soon, meanwhile, I would have loved to share my own story too, even without being paid, cute short story collections written by me, and very inspiring and mind-blowing too. nice work, Nigerians should please get a copy and encourage this great movement. Thumbs up!
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by Sike(m): 11:05am On Mar 28, 2012
Subscribed!
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by MyneWhite1(f): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
Thank you all so much.

@mykejones, please email admin @ naijastories.com
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by Cholls(m): 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
visionsen:
Nice work, Dr Guy.
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by Izurejoice: 12:26am On Apr 13, 2022
What happened to naijastories.com
Re: The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains by kingobozy: 9:41am On May 27, 2022
Izurejoice:
What happened to naijastories.com

Same thing I'm asking, tried accessing the site some weeks back and nothing came up on Google search. Was shocked.
Site had such a huge following last decade and alot of archived stories from great writers.

Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David / Turnitin Plagiarism Detector/ Quillbot