Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Please Review This Website On A Range Of 1 To 10 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Review This Website On A Range Of 1 To 10 (573 Views)

Can A Nigerian Website Designer Afford A Range Rover Sport? / Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft / JAMB Result Site Is DOWN Cannot Handle Concurrent Users Of 1.5m Candidates ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review This Website On A Range Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
Before you start Note: this is a personal website. Do not check if it is responsive because I am working on it now so it can be best view on a desktop or laptop. I used Zurb Foundation 4.

I was inspired by this topic here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/1146642/powerful-photos-tell-story. So I decided to make a personal website around it

Now over to you guys and thanks for your time

http://toscanyacademy.com/myphotos/
Re: Please Review This Website On A Range Of 1 To 10 by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
Good idea.
Those absolutely positioned circle images dont fancy me.
Whereas absolute positioning is awesome, try to be avoiding it in most cases.
Just lay your pictures in square normal layout like pinterest is doing.
The big border and the big hover border seems unnecessary to me.
Just layout the pictures normally with 1px border and vary the width and height of the pictures, so that it will appear like a collage.

Make the hover in such a way that when a user hovers on an image, its opacity will reduce and two icons will show. One icon will be a magnifying lens, the other will be like a note icon. When the magnifying lens is clicked a jquery fancybox will pop up and show the bigger version of the photo. When a note icon is clicked it will take the user to a page where he will see a bigger version of the picture and also the story behind the picture.

If you invest time in this project and refine it well, soon you will start getting 100k visits per day and then u strategize on how to monetize it by placing ads.

Rating: 4/10.
Re: Please Review This Website On A Range Of 1 To 10 by yawatide(f): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
Nice concept, though:

1) Contact form doesn't validate properly
2) There is an extra "closing DIV" tag beneath the FOOTER tag
3) One of the circles on home page is blocking the "if history..." text
4) I think there are better color combos than green and black
5) I can't click any image unless I click the tiny green circle that shows up on hover - bad usability

I too will give the site 4/10. The issues above, maybe with the exception of #4, are huge IMHO
I will give the site
Re: Please Review This Website On A Range Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
Graphicsplus and yawa-ti-de, Thanks for your suggestion and grading.
Re: Please Review This Website On A Range Of 1 To 10 by greenmouse(m): 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
nollyj: Before you start Note: this is a personal website. Do not check if it is responsive because I am working on it now so it can be best view on a desktop or laptop. I used Zurb Foundation 4.

I was inspired by this topic here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/1146642/powerful-photos-tell-story. So I decided to make a personal website around it

Now over to you guys and thanks for your time

http://toscanyacademy.com/myphotos/

Nice website, nice concept.

Just effect comments from Yewa and Graphicplus.

Its a good one trust me bros.
Re: Please Review This Website On A Range Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
@greenmouse, thanks so much for your kind words. I will definitely make the changes.

(1) (Reply)

Ministry Of Interior Website Hacked / Help Me.having Slight Problem / A Forum Website Moderators Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.