Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Does The Bible Permits Remarriage After Divource? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Permits Remarriage After Divource? (754 Views)

You Dont Believe The Bible Permits Murder? Have A Look! (pix) / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Bible Permits Remarriage After Divource? by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 08, 2008
It's been quite interesting in my sunday school in the last two weeks. We've been looking at the issue of divource on which obviously my local assembly is divided about. Being a western country it's not strange to see people divource but for me it's rather disturbing to see how our society has influenced the opinions of "the church."
Athough I do not agree with divource but what happens if there is a divource? Are the divourced permitted to remarry? Biblical opinions would be most appreciated but all views are welcomed. What do you feel?
Re: Does The Bible Permits Remarriage After Divource? by AKO1(m): 11:31pm On May 08, 2008
31It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. (and vice versa, I think)

33Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths

It's self explanatory. So go tell 'em.

P.S. It's divorce, not divource. Please take note sir . smiley
Re: Does The Bible Permits Remarriage After Divource? by elizabetta(f): 12:32pm On May 12, 2008
Never,the only things that can separate a man and a woman is death,fornication,and if the unbelieving man or woman decides to leave the marriage.
Re: Does The Bible Permits Remarriage After Divource? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 13, 2008
Matthew 19: verses 3 to8 =>

3 And there came unto him Pharisees, trying him, and saying, Is it lawful [for a man] to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said, Have ye not read, that he who made [them] from the beginning made them male and female,

5 and said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh?

6 So that they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

7 They say unto him, Why then did Moses command to give a bill of divorcement, and to put [her] away?

8 He saith unto them, Moses for your hardness of heart suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it hath not been so.

=============================
@belabela
Your people are clearly suffering from the "hardness of heart" that Christ was talking about.
I cannot understand any Christian who directly disobeys the words of Christ and still claims to love Him.
And, yes, it is not easy to be a follower of Christ
Re: Does The Bible Permits Remarriage After Divource? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 13, 2008
Are the divorced, based on fornication or adultery permitted to remarry?
Re: Does The Bible Permits Remarriage After Divource? by Cayon(f): 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2008
@poster

Yes

(1) (Reply)

Lets Pray For Our Christian Brothers In India! / HELL's Best Kept Secret / Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread ... and a Guinea Pig?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.