Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

20 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing (880 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2013
1. We are not under the law of tithing
Tithing was part of the law. We are no longer under it. (Rom 6:14)

2. The law of tithing is weak
A required tithe does not change the heart or the action. (Mat 23:23, Gal 4:9, Rom 8:3)

3. The law tithe is beggarly
Law tithing always requests more. It is not a gift. It is merely fulfilling an obligation (Gal 4:9)

4. The church is not God’s covenant people
The old and new covenants were made with Israel and Judah and so the requirements were never intended for Gentiles (Heb 8:8 ). Gentiles could be blessed by honoring Israel, and worshipping Israel’s God.

5. There is no Levitical priesthood today
The most popular tithe today is the tithe that went to the Levitical priesthood (Num 18:21). There is no Levitical priesthood today.

6. The pastor does not replace the priest
Preachers and teachers in the body of Christ church are not priests. Christ is the only mediator (1 Tim 2:5).

7. We do not inherit Israel’s land
The tithe given to the Levites was because they had no land inheritance (Numbers 18:21).

8. There are no more temple sacrifices
Since Christ paid it all there is no need to pay (tithe) someone else to do this service.

9. The local church does not replace the temple
Know ye not that you are the temple of God not your building! ( 1 Cor 3:16)

10. The church does not observe required feast day celebrations
It was three times a year in Deut 16:16. At certain feast days is where the tithes would be offered. One tithe even allowed you to stay home and spend it on what you desired (Deut 14:26).

11. Law tithing requirements were greater than 10 percent
Deut 14:28 is one example of the tithe on the increase every 3 years that was above the regular Levitical tithe. There are other required offerings also according to Mal 3:9.

12. Physical blessings are no longer granted
The law tithe taught physical blessings to Israel from God for tithing (Mal 3:10). Without a covenant with God, a priesthood, a promise, or a temple tithing for profit will not work.

13. Christ has given the church all spiritual blessings
Those blessings are in heavenly places in Christ (Eph 1:3)

14. God provides all our needs without tithing
Phil 4:19 says your needs are supplied according to his riches in glory in Christ. What you need is not physical it is spiritual.

15. Law tithing obligates the doer to the entire law – Gal 5:3, James 2:10

16. Peace with God is attained without tithing - Romans 5:1

17. We work to provide for our needs in this dispensation
Paul makes it clear that if we don’t work we don’t eat (2 Thess 3:10). Mat 6:11 and Mal 3:10 are not effective today. If we do not provide for our own today we are “worse than an infidel (1 Tim 5:8 )

18. The tithe was required
Giving today is not “of necessity” (2 Cor 9:7). This is an important distinction between generosity and obligation.

19. The law tithe places you under a curse
If you do not continue tithing then you can be cursed (Gal 3:10)

20. Christ has redeemed you from the law of tithing
Law tithing represents ignorance or negligence of Christ’s cross (Gal 3:13, 1 Cor 1:17, Gal 2:21).

“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. ” – Gal 2:21

http://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/law/reasons-to-stop-tithing

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
The above are sound scriptural reasons for not tithing today

Another evidence that we can consider are the fruits the tithe is bearing

1. A re-enactment of the priesthood order but now called Men of God today

2. Lazy pastorate: men abandoning legitimate career and work to enter 'ministry' that must be sustained by tithe

3. The return of the cathedrals and large church organizations that must be sustained by tithes to the detriment of other cogent issues, like looking after the weak

4. Ostentatious lifestyle of church leaders, something that is totally foreign to the NT

5. The prosperity gospel: The gospel of blessing. Seeking God hand and not his face.

6. Diminishing the gospel of grace and reducing the power of that gospel in men heart

7. Leading to nations sold to lies and falsehood; with prophets leading a nation astray.

8. Tithe blinds a people to true giving and legalize a legal system

9. Return to legalism

10. Fall from grace

You can make your own list

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by luckyCO(m): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2013
1) Does it mean we don't need to obey 10 commandments again because it is law?
2) Can we go ahead and commit murder because it was given by Moses as Law?
3) Can we go ahead and worship other God because it is law?
4) Do we stop giving offerings because there is no levitical priests around, but I think catholic priest by their doctrine doesn't inherit anything, in any case 'Levitical Priest if you like'?

God's work is a full serious JOB especially this end time, but one must be sure that he/she is called

Please my dear don't use because what people do in the name of God to despise God or his instructions.
Please don't use what people do in the name of tithe to despise tithe.

Would you use because it was believed that some people worship Mary(Mother of Jesus) and hump insult on her as a person, calling her all sorts of names?

It is the HOLY SPIRIT that direct one where to tithe to advance the work of GOD.
The essence of tithe in the old testament is also the same essence now, it has not changed, just like murder hasn't.

If you are in wilderness, tithe may not be required of you, but once you settle you need to advance the works of God by any means possible to indicate where you belong.

Having the feeling that some people mismanage money or many people have gone to pastor because they want to preach tithe, NO or tell you if you don't tithe your hands will tight, is not real definition of tithe. Its main purpose is to ensure that people whom God send to work for doesn't lack anything.

If God wants to bless any real pastor who is genuinely working for God who are in need, he will look for those whose heart is adhered to HIM and are willing to follow His Instructions. Because some people after giving pastors money when they are severally in need, they will lord over them thereby reducing their anointing.

Evil men contribute severely to ensure their evil work prosper, so should all Christians.
People who use charm to sell food contribute every week(friday) all the proceed the make in order to advance the kingdom of darkness.

Please don't stop anybody from paying tithe rather teach the person the best way to pay tithe and disregard the evil pastors that have spread out there asking for money. Let God decide for you where to pay your money.

I know what God has done in my life since I have accepted tithe without looking at what people say or do concerning it. Once I get money I ask God where do I pay it, I get the direction and pay?

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Futility And Emptiness Of Atheistic Philosophy / What Is A Jesus Freak? / The Type Of People U See In A Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.