Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37421 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
Tithing as popular as it is in churches is one of the least understood doctrines in churches today. Even several preachers that preach it don't fully understand it and it's negative implication to the gospel of Christ they just preach it because it means more money in their pockets. However since a few of my brethen and myself started this enlightenment campaign on the biblical truth about tithes, a lot of NL members have come to the knowledge of truth about tithes and stopped being fleeced of their income.

I would like NL members who have discovered the truth and have been liberated by our writings to please come forward and share their experience with us.

15 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Sunshinny: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
Una no dey tire for tithing issue sef?

6 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by rezzy: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Praise the Lord, my testimony goes like this, You anti tithe Christians have not been able to confuse me. I still pay my tithe. Praise Master Jesus. Halleluyah

143 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sunshinny: Una no dey tire for tithing issue sef?

Too many brethen are suffering becos of this false doctrine and the gospel of Christ is being polluted in the process. We cannot afford to rest on our oars whilst brethen are perishing due to lack of knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
rezzy: Praise the Lord, my testimony goes like this, You anti tithe Christians have not been able to confuse me. I still pay my tithe. Praise Master Jesus. Halleluyah

Kindly show us from scriptures why you think Master Jesus requires tithes from you.

8 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by rezzy: 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Kindly show us from scriptures why you think Master Jesus requires tithes from you.

My usual quote: Mal 3 vs 8 or so.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
rezzy:

The instruction in that passage was not given by Jesus neither was it directed to christians. Also tithes in that passage was not money contrary to the false version of tithes practised today. I am sure you know it's a sin to twist God's word for whatever reason.

31 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Joagbaje(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
rezzy: Praise the Lord, my testimony goes like this, You anti tithe Christians have not been able to confuse me. I still pay my tithe. Praise Master Jesus. Halleluyah

Hilarious response. kuns just like cheap popularity and attention. grin.

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
rezzy:

u don't even know y u are in this bondage. Well, continue.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Perfectwazobia: 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ready your Bible, 10% of your income belongs to God. You are are a false pastor trying to abuse the mind of people against God.
I pity your family because you may not reap the evil fruit alone. How many people have you bring to the knowlegde of Christ.
If you don't want to obey Bible must you look for followers. In the name of christ stop this, even Abraham payed tithe.
Ask the Holy spirit to give you understanding...Bewarned pastorkun! A dog that will be lost will not hear the beckoning of the owner!!!

61 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by rezzy: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
christemmbassey: u don't even know y u are in this bondage. Well, continue.

Im not complaining. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by alexleo(m): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
I still give my tithe and am very comfortable with it. Am not also planning to stop tithing.

24 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by God2man(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
grin,
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
Truly hilarious responses. grin
My testimony goes thus, ever since i joined NL, there have been fierce arguments.
I have read countless anti-tithe threads.
It has forced me to study and study more on the subject.
And my eyes were open to see light, and to see some salient points that i was never taught and never heard.
And now, i have confidence from the Word that tithe is God's will for us.
Thanks to all anti-tithers that forced me to study for personal discovery.
Somebody shout halleluyah! smiley

49 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
idnoble135: Truly hilarious responses. grin
My testimony goes thus, ever since i joined NL, there have been fierce arguments.
I have read countless anti-tithe threads.
It has forced me to study and study more on the subject.
And my eyes were open to see light, and to see some salient points that i was never taught and never heard.
And now, i have confidence from the Word that tithe is God's will for us.
Thanks to all anti-tithers that forced me to study for personal discovery.
Somebody shout halleluyah! smiley

Would you be willing to share these "salient points" that convinced you that tithing is God's will for us despite the fact that the type of tithes preached and practised today is alien to scripture or derived from twisting scripture.

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by DrummaBoy(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
My own testimony will come in form of a 'reverse'. I shared how I stopped tithing on FB and created a bit of rochus in Church. Then I went to Radio to explain that Christians should not tithe. In response my church leadership has sacked me from being a church worker and I really don't know what next is coming.

But in all, God is my helper. I will whether this storm and come even stronger in conviction. I will return to share how I stopped tithing as soon as I can.

Great thread, Kun!

38 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mabell: 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
Awesome.
I do 20% of my tithe now
I plan to do more sef

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Would you be willing to share these "salient points" that convinced you that tithing is God's will for us despite the fact that the type of tithes preached and practised today is alien to scripture or derived from twisting scripture.
I would have but....
This is a testimony thread. Dont derail. tongue
It is well o.

6 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
mabell: Awesome.
I do 20% of my tithe now
I plan to do more sef
lol, this is serious..... Trusting God for such grace too.

9 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
idnoble135:
I would have but....
This is a testimony thread. Dont derail. tongue
It is well o.

Obviously you have no "salient points" other than what you have been fed with by your pastor, if you do share them here as you might even convince me to start tithing wink

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by truthtalk: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
I am a man of principles
I only believe in things that work
I've tried tithing and it worked for me
So I will stick to TITHING!

42 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
truthtalk: I am a man of principles
I only believe in things that work
I've tried tithing and it worked for me
So I will stick to TITHING!

How many fold returns do you get on your monthly tithes if it works for you?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ashieduplus(m): 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
I have stopped tithing recently. Earlier this year, a thorough study of the bible showed me that many teachings in the Church (especially pentecostal are wrong), tithing included. My suspicions were confirmed when I stumbled upon Olaadegbu's thread on tithing. Other errors include tongie speaking, special anointing, first-fruit offerings, e.t.c. I thank God for people like frosbel, candour, goshen, shemidemi, and enigma. (even ola for starting the thread). The responses of bidam, jo and company where also helpful: their circular arguments and evasiveness pointed me to the truth. As of tis moment I am no longer "pentecostal", though i occasionally attend rccg.

21 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Obviously you have no "salient points" other than what you have been fed with by your pastor, if you do share them here as you might even convince me to start tithing wink
lol... I wont take the bait bro, the time is not yet come. Like i said, i was not taught those things. I did learn from both parties on tithing, but its not related to anything i got.
And you mentioned i might convince you on tithe, just asking, on what major issues have you ever changed your mind on nairaland, huh?

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by made2fit(f): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
To be sincere,in my private moments, I've often questioned the benefits of tithing- I do my part why dosen't God do his? the devourer devors cos I've experienced several job losses through no fault of mine, still waiting for the overwheming blessings from the windows of heaven etc etc. Afterwards, because I don't want to seem ungrateful to God for his goodness and mercies, I shrug it off and move on. So you can imagine reading all these scriptures and learning new things on tithing previously unknown before. I say a big weight has been taken off me.
While I've not completely stopped tithing,I'm still studying on my own and intend to drop it like a red hot chilli pepper the moment I'm 100 percent convinced. The moment I can explain myself explicitly to anyone that seeks clarification about this. Thanks.

10 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
ashieduplus: I have stopped tithing recently. Earlier this year, a thorough study of the bible showed me that many teachings in the Church (especially pentecostal are wrong), tithing included. My suspicions were confirmed when I stumbled upon Olaadegbu's thread on tithing. Other errors include tongie speaking, special anointing, first-fruit offerings, e.t.c. I thank God for people like frosbel, candour, goshen, shemidemi, and enigma. (even ola for starting the thread). The responses of bidam, jo and company where also helpful: their circular arguments and evasiveness pointed me to the truth. As of tis moment I am no longer "pentecostal", though i occasionally attend rccg.
This two also dont exist? Good God! What NL can do! SMH

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by anibi9674: 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastorkun u r misleadin pple by tellin dem 2 disobey d word of God. For d fact dat some pastors r missappropatin d money givin 2 dem by dia members or over emphasizin d tithe issue iz nt a criteria 4 xtians nt 2 pay tithe, u shud channel ur writeup 2 y r pastors over emphasizin d issue of tithe more dan GODS moral standard. Thank u.

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by RayMcBlue(m): 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
Religion easily has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day.

And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time.

But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money. grin

14 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ashieduplus(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
idnoble135:
This two also dont exist? Good God! What NL can do! SMH
@idnoble

FYI, it was not nairaland that showed me the truth. It only confirmed suspicions I have held for a long time. I am a thorough reader (thanks partly to a degree in English) and my study of the dialect of The King James period (in two different courses) baffled me to say the least. Many doctrines have arisen in our churches purely out of misinterpretation of the language of 1611. For instance, do you know why "unknown" is written in italics in our King James Bibles in !st Corinthians 14? Simple, because it was not in the original greek text! We were taught all these. Just check whether "unknown" is in your NIV. Don't take my word for it. Just ask any linguistics graduate.

And please note... I'm not a girl. @ kun

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by nuella2(f): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
I have always known that tithing was right but reading threads on nairaland made me even more convinced that tithing is an eternal principle in the Kingdom. special to Image, Ola etc, going through their threads on tithing brought so much knowledge and enlightenment to me. I tithe more now bc of nairaland amazingly. Glory to God!

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Perfectwazobia: Ready your Bible, 10% of your income belongs to God. You are are a false pastor trying to abuse the mind of people against God.
I pity your family because you may not reap the evil fruit alone. How many people have you bring to the knowlegde of Christ.
If you don't want to obey Bible must you look for followers. In the name of christ stop this, even Abraham payed tithe.
Ask the Holy spirit to give you understanding...Bewarned pastorkun! A dog that will be lost will not hear the beckoning of the owner!!!
i know by this u r one of d tithe collectors, bro u get hand, go find work, Paul worked.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
ashieduplus:
@idnoble

FYI, it was not nairaland that showed me the truth. It only confirmed suspicions I have held for a long time. I am a thorough reader (thanks partly to a degree in English) and my study of the dialect of The King James period (in two different courses) baffled me to say the least. Many doctrines have arisen in our churches purely out of misinterpretation of the language of 1611. For instance, do you know why "unknown" is written in italics in our King James Bibles in !st Corinthians 14? Simple, because it was not in the original greek text! We were taught all these. Just check whether "unknown" is in your NIV. Don't take my word for it. Just ask any linguistics graduate.

And please note... I'm not a girl. @ kun
So bad. We are not going to derail the thread by talking on those two subjects. But..... It is well o. lipsrsealed
Tongues does not exist? Same as the "special anointing"?
My good brother, all i'd say is, walk closely with God. It wont take long for him to show you if you are right or wrong(and then prompt you to make corrections).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Undergraduate, Suel Ambrose Slumps, Dies Acting Jesus Crucifixion Drama / Pastor Adeboye's Holy Ghost Event In Yola, See Crowd / Leke Adeboye Denies Osun Election Comment: 'Na Lie, I Checked If I Was Hacked'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.