Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi (712 Views)

Muammar Gaddafi Is Alive / The Last Testament Of Muammar Ghadaffi (last Speech On Tv) / The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by moscobabs(m): 11:07am On Jun 18, 2013
Despite all his weaknesses

1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.

2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

3. Home considered a human right in Libya

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family. Is this what you call a dictator Traditional wedding in Tripoli, Libya

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.

6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms are all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it is not only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.

8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion are now frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.

12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US$5,000 14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15

15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree

16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

1 Like

Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 18, 2013
Stupid Americans, don't quote me if u know wht I meant by that.

Incase, am glad to make FP since I registered on here, Glory be to God in the highest.
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by moscobabs(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2013
walescounis: Stupid Americans, don't quote me if u know wht I meant by that.

Incase, am glad to make FP since I registered on here, Glory be to God in the highest.
not on fp yet
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by Chanchit: 11:33am On Jun 18, 2013
That was why I felt like crying when they killed the man. America and this G8 countries wants no peace for the world. And I pray Libya suffer the effect of their action.
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
R.I.P Muammar Al-Gaddafi (1942 – 2011)
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by moscobabs(m): 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
front page stuff
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by mankand(m): 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
Massive respect for him. Unfortunately he has a wrong allie (France)

Libyans have just entered one chance

1 Like

Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by thoth: 5:41am On Jun 19, 2013
Nigerians and most Africans were lied to about Gaddafi and i was heart broken when Jonathan made proclamations against the man. All it would have taken is for the president of Nigeria to send a cable to the US embassy and the No Fly Zone would never had held, instead he did as his imperialist puppet masters wanted which is the reason the south africans hated him.
Nigeria will never be like Libya in the next 30 years, Nigerians would never enjoy the great life that Libyans enjoyed under Gaddafi in the next 30 years . UNLESS they all stand for the same principles that Gaddafi stood for OR the Good Lord Sends us a Gaddafi to rescue us.
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by thoth: 5:43am On Jun 19, 2013
This should be at the Front Page with all due respect.
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by moscobabs(m): 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
thoth: This should be at the Front Page with all due respect.
I wonder why its nt be transferred to fp ooo
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by Psylas(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2013
It's not true, any prove? We don't put false information on front page
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by kingjohnny(m): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
This man means freedom from neo- colonialism , an astute African leader

1 Like

Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by Ibangap(m): 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
Dictator or not, i had always loved this man for his guts.... A truly brave soldier.
Re: What You Did Not Know About Muammar Gaddafi by moscobabs(m): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2013
Psylas: It's not true, any prove? We don't put false information on front page
have you been to Libya before??

(1) (Reply)

Crowds Count Down To Legalization Of Marijuana In Oregon, Then Light Up / U.S. Cold War Chilling Target List Declassified / Hillary Clinton Now Feeling Fine After Fainting At 9/11 Memorial In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.