Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death (4739 Views)

Touching Letter By An Abused Wife To Her Husband Before She Died / Mother Of Triplets To Hubby: Please Come Back Home (Photo) / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by canuck(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
I BID YOU FAREWWELL

I am grateful to God that I will rest in His bosom and I am more grateful because I have always wanted this opportunity to speak my mind even unto death. [Truncated due to space limitation]

I am Yetunde nee Olotu as I am fondly called by my immediate family in Nigeria but here I am being referred to as Omodolapo Jagha as named by the love of my life. Now, I am Dolapo GoodGod, the surname I adopted when I realized that I no longer have a husband who will be there for me. The very man I should expect to be the Master of ceremony at my burial, the man you think would miss my departure the most but unfortunately not. I believe my estranged husband is glad that he is now free from the bondage called marriage.

Noble Jagha, I hope you feel so happy now that your prophesy to Maryam Hassan and other girlfriends of yours that I will soon die so you can marry them is now fulfilled. The truth is that my body may be dead but my hope of glory in heaven is constant as God lives. I may not be here again but I am so sure you will never find anyone to love you the way I did……

You were my first love, the very man who deflowered me but turned his back on me years after that I was not good on bed (not sexy enough for you), I was not good at cooking but I managed to learn and cook your local meal of Starch and Banga. He said, “I was so paranoid” because I complained that you are only comfortable making phone calls in the car and returning home at midnight. You finally abandoned me and the children in December, 2012 after all the mental and physical abuse I suffered from you. You could not face the wrath of law as I got a safety and protection order against you because I was afraid that you would eventually take my life. While you lived with us, you were of no use, as you were not readily available to do your matrimonial and fatherly duties. How painful it was to take the twins to school walking all the way from Ongar to Little Pace, sometimes after getting a chemo. Even when I pleaded with you to look after the kids when I have appointments at the hospital you refused. [Truncated due to space limitation]

Oti, how do you feel after physically and mentally tormenting me? You can now be happy that “the living corpse” (as you often referred to me) in your home has finally gone to be with God. You no longer have to hit me or pounce on me anymore. In death I have forgiving you because I loved you but I hope you are able to forgive yourself…….? I cannot forget in a minute how I felt so let down that I took to my heels and sought refuge in that sister’s place and later on at the women’s refuge. I am sure your defense is that I died as a cancer patient but I believe I could live a day longer if you were there for me…… I went through the pains of Cancer lonely! Rather than supporting, you rejected me. Isn’t marriage meant to be for better or for worse.….? [Truncated due to space limitation]

How could you ill-treat your own children because they are girls? I have all the horrible text messages you sent to me documented; psychologically you killed me before my death.

Pastor Jagha, a man of God! The church has failed in their duty to help you from fallen, they have pampered you for doing wrong in order to save their face and invariably they have failed me…[Truncated due to space limitation]
The bitter pill that I have to swallow is the fact that I can no longer be there for my lovely girls. Their beloved father despised them so because I could not make a male child (you claimed that I was unable to have a boy child because I did not drink from the anointing oil which you asked me to drink and that makes you detest me too). I am deeply sorry that I did not drink it; maybe that would have spared me of some lashes. Our lovely first daughter at age twelve said, “Mummy I don’t think I will get married” This is as a result of the abuse that my child suffered from our marriage… If you are a loved one and you know my daughter, please help me say to her that marriage is to be enjoyed and not endured….. I want her to be married and make me proud!

[Truncated due to space limitation]

Noble Jagha, you wanted me dead as soon as possible. I still wonder why you refused to come with me for separation times and again when I asked that we should part ways. I know your intent may be to make gains from my years of labour at Anpost. I worked so hard to pay the rent, to feed us and even paid some of your fees to pursue your MBA. Despite all my effort you were never satisfied, even on my sick bed you demanded for money…..[Truncated due to space limitation]

1. That you may put in trust/fixed deposit for my daughters all monies raised from my burial and benefits from my workplace having paid all expenses incurred and other personal loan taking from my friends during my period of illness. My daughters need to know I care for them even in my grave.
2. That, I have a will in which I have named the executors to my will and joint custodians of our children. The lawyer will keep you posted in due course, please adhere!
3. Oti you can also pay any money that you owe from the monies before the account is opened.
4. Kindly pay my mother the money you owe her too before the account is fixed.
5. I want my mother to be a part of my children’s life, please don’t deprive her.
6. Oti make peace with my family and friends (stop making enemies out of the people that helps me).

[Truncated due to space limitation]

I hope my mother can forgive me for not heeding her advice in respect of my choice of marriage and I pray that God gives her and my father the fortitude to bear this irreparable lost.
It is too late to cry when the head is off.

Thank you for not leaving me alone in my time of troubles and needs my sisters, thank you sister for going to Olive’s school, please follow up with Emmanuel as planned, I don’t want my children to suffer. I am so worried …..I am tired.
I don’t want you people to go, don’t leave me alone. I want someone to sleep here with me tonight.

signed.
Omodolapo GoodGod
27/04/2013.

Source: http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2013/06/victim-of-domestic-violence-sends-hubby.html

Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by canuck(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
This is totally gut-wrenching. I don't even know where to start. Just speechless!

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by kreamidiva(f): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
This is heart breaking and sad.i wish i could hold her hand and tell her to hold on that there would be light at d end of her tunnel.i sooo feel ur pain.just rest in peace yetunde.d Bible says do not be deceived for God cannot be mocked.what a man soweth that he shall also reap.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by sholay2011(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
Eh eh..... shocked shocked cry
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by Gloriagee(f): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Goose Pimples cry

May her gentle soul RIP
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by EveryLadY(f): 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hmmmmmmm!u are soooo full of forgiveness despite the wrongs done to u. urs is worthy of emulation.Rest in the bosom of the LORD, Yetunde.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by bukatyne(f): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
Every_LadY: Hmmmmmmm!u are soooo full of forgiveness despite the wrongs done to u. urs is worthy of emulation.Rest in the bosom of the LORD, Yetunde.

If she was not full of forgiveness, it was at her own peril.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by ponco: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by eforce: 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
Don't wait to write a letter from the dead, here are signs to know that you are in an abusive relationship and how to get out of it before it's too late.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/02/signs-of-abusive-relationship.html
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by eforce: 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
[size=32pt]@tgirl4real[/size]
I really have to call you out on this one, you closed a thread and refered us here to comment due to duplicate content but i would like to bring to your notice that the other thread has the complete letter, and i had to go back to that one to read a lot of missing information. Rectify now before i report you to seun.

https://www.nairaland.com/1329399/touching-letter-abused-wife-husband
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
Same old same old hypocrisy.
Off course now she is dead we can curse out the man.
Had she chosen to leave earlier we would have abused her and tagged her a divorcee, a failure at marriage, a woman who can't "keep" her home.
We would have told her to be more tolerant, asked her what she was doing wrong, told her to dress better, told her to "stay for the kids" same kids who are now scared of marriage.
Spare me the curses, when a woman dies abused we pity her and curse the man, when she walks and chooses to live instead we curse her out.
Have fun, support her now she is dead, enjoy "cursing' him out as if it would help.
Am sure some would have even said Cancer was her "punishment" for leaving him eventually, had she lived.
Please spare yourselves the hypocrisy, we can only "understand" because she is dead.
If she was alive, and came here 90 percent would have told her to stay, it would have broken into a war of curses to those who ask her to put her life first.

13 Likes

Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by Ivynwa(f): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2013
I almost shed tears reading this but then one part of the story is never enough because if the man pours his heart too, we may be throwing a pity party for both.

The part about the man hitting her, calling her that terrible name, philandering and especially not being there for her in the time of her sickness is way too much----I can't even find a word to describe that.
Do you mean that the woman has passed on? Oh dear, poor darling! May she rest peacefully.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by subzidi: 8:03am On Jun 20, 2013
OMG OMG ......... angry embarassed cry cry
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 20, 2013
cry cry cry very sad...
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by kreamidiva(f): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2013
debrief08: Same old same old hypocrisy.
Had she chosen to leave earlier we would have abused her and tagged her a divorcee, a failure at marriage, a woman who can't "keep" her home.
We would have told her to be more tolerant, asked her what she was doing wrong, told her to dress better, told her to "stay for the kids" same kids who are now scared of marriage.
Spare me the curses, when a woman dies abused we pity her and curse the man, when she walks and chooses to live instead we curse her out.
Have fun, support her now she is dead, enjoy "cursing' him out as if it would help.
Am sure some would have even said Cancer was her "punishment" for leaving him eventually, had she lived.
Please spare yourselves the hypocrisy, we can only "understand" because she is dead.
If she was alive, and came here 90 percent would have told her to stay, it would have broken into a war of curses to those who ask her to put her life first.
i agree with you.i always tell my mum that it's in the olden days that people stay in a marriage till death tears dem apart.now,there are a million and one things that i can't endure and won't take.for one i wont die in an abusive marriage cos i had kids for the man.my husband once said that no man likes staying in a marriage where he's not happy and i quickly asked him why it's the woman that should stay even when she's not happy.biko,i'l walk away once i feel disenchanted with the marriage.children or no children.Datsall
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2013

Funny. I was just going to say they better hide this letter and not let debrief see it o, because I've not forgotten her reaction to the Ogo story.

women never learn.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by modupsie(f): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
i find it hard to believe this story.

dont believe she actually wrote this to be published online after her death. is it to punish d man or what?
why did she stay in d marriage till she died? why didn't she not come out and let the whole world know the kind of man the pastor is and what she was going through when she still had breath?
lots of questions on my mind
i still find the story hard to believe sha shocked
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by andyanders: 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
modupsie: i find it hard to believe this story.

dont believe she actually wrote this to be published online after her death. is it to punish d man or what?
why did she stay in d marriage till she died? why didn't she not come out and let the whole world know the kind of man the pastor is and what she was going through when she still had breath?

Same. Find it hard to believe this cus of the content. How could she be so much in pain dying and still put down this lengthy letter and the person did not open up immediately than allow her to die and now online. Anyway, may God have mercy because ONLY God knows who is or was at fault.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by TV01(m): 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2013

…do you ever ponder as you think or think before you give utterance?

A woman has died – and a most excruciating death at that.

And apart from passing in such a painful manner, the one person she should rightly have expected to provide comfort and offer support not only abandoned her, not just played her for a fool, but seemed to be willing her demise. And dying, believing that the four children she bought into the world are all but fatherless in name only. Effectively orphans.

And do you show any empathy? Especially as one who by her own account has cause to say “there but for the grace of God go I". As a mother of children or simply as a woman. Do you spare even a modicum of sympathy, or the merest thought of pity? Alluding perhaps to mercy & peace in rest as a benediction. Pausing on the loss and/or well-being of the loved ones she left behind? Or perhaps simply hold your peace – as decency would demand - if you have nothing but harsh cant to offer?

No true to form, in your blind and unrelenting pursuit to erect an altar to divorce, you sinks to a new low. You calumnise Nigerian men, slander Nigerian women and mock their unions. And now you despise the untimely demise of a sister, seeing not a tragic situation, but an opportunity to “self-justify” and enliven the campaign keep your divorce bandwagon rolling.

Never mind that you’ve sold it as God’s failure, your husband’ failure, your fathers failure, your mothers failure and even your siblings failure. Regardless of the fact that you’ve implicated, the elders in your church, the congregation, neighbours, everyone but yourself. Because in truth, marriages don’t fail. People do. You did.

Kindly focus on getting over it. There’s healing available. Campaigning amongst men does not effect peace with God – or even within yourself it appears. The gall is all too evident, the bitterness is palpable. Your efforts to justify yourself are certainly zealous, but unfortunately misguided. No matter how many cohorts you have, how many acolytes you gather, how many marriages you help steer on the path to ruin, or how much you succeed in your efforts to normalise “divorce”, marriage remains a divinely blessed union, instituted by God, and divorce a fail and a tragedy.

Your cause and your campaign are not merely unjust, but positively evil. Some of us are not fooled by “recharge card largesse” and publicity seeking dash.

Can’t you see? It’s searing your conscience. Please cover your shame, rather than glory in it and continue to plumb new depths of wickedness.

RIP Sister Yetunde.

May the God of all consolation comfort the bereaved.

TV

2 Likes

Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by sholay2011(m): 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 21, 2013
How sad! I feel so sorry for this lady, how she suffered before death. And those poor children left behind.

May this lady's gentle soul rest in eternal peace.

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by biolabee(m): 7:43am On Jun 21, 2013
The question here is rather than attacking debrief(im sure shew knows)

What is your own solution to the phenomenon of extreme spousal abuse
I use the term extreme to connote repeated physical assaults, forced sexx with the partner

Since u accuse her of raising a divorce altar (she is married.. i hope you know)

What will you do if it was your sister that was beaten mercilessly

What will you do if it was your sister that waskilled like a dog and the people who told her to go back home

When u answer without being sentimental, then we can talk

TV01:

…do you ever ponder as you think or think before you give utterance?

A woman has died – and a most excruciating death at that.

And apart from passing in such a painful manner, the one person she should rightly have expected to provide comfort and offer support not only abandoned her, not just played her for a fool, but seemed to be willing her demise. And dying, believing that the four children she bought into the world are all but fatherless in name only. Effectively orphans.

And do you show any empathy? Especially as one who by her own account has cause to say “there but for the grace of God go I". As a mother of children or simply as a woman. Do you spare even a modicum of sympathy, or the merest thought of pity? Alluding perhaps to mercy & peace in rest as a benediction. Pausing on the loss and/or well-being of the loved ones she left behind? Or perhaps simply hold your peace – as decency would demand - if you have nothing but harsh cant to offer?

No true to form, in your blind and unrelenting pursuit to erect an altar to divorce, you sinks to a new low. You calumnise Nigerian men, slander Nigerian women and mock their unions. And now you despise the untimely demise of a sister, seeing not a tragic situation, but an opportunity to “self-justify” and enliven the campaign keep your divorce bandwagon rolling.

Never mind that you’ve sold it as God’s failure, your husband’ failure, your fathers failure, your mothers failure and even your siblings failure. Regardless of the fact that you’ve implicated, the elders in your church, the congregation, neighbours, everyone but yourself. Because in truth, marriages don’t fail. People do. You did.

Kindly focus on getting over it. There’s healing available. Campaigning amongst men does not effect peace with God – or even within yourself it appears. The gall is all too evident, the bitterness is palpable. Your efforts to justify yourself are certainly zealous, but unfortunately misguided. No matter how many cohorts you have, how many acolytes you gather, how many marriages you help steer on the path to ruin, or how much you succeed in your efforts to normalise “divorce”, marriage remains a divinely blessed union, instituted by God, and divorce a fail and a tragedy.

Your cause and your campaign are not merely unjust, but positively evil. Some of us are not fooled by “recharge card largesse” and publicity seeking dash.

Can’t you see? It’s searing your conscience. Please cover your shame, rather than glory in it and continue to plumb new depths of wickedness.

RIP Sister Yetunde.

May the God of all consolation comfort the bereaved.

TV

4 Likes

Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by bukatyne(f): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2013
What is even the essence of this letter? Why is it on a public forum?

The wife made her choice and lived died for it.

From the story, it was cancer that killed her and not the hubby so what is she blaming the hubby for?

If I read she died of accident or something beyond her control, it is a different ball game.

Her parents warned her, she refused. We all make mistakes so that doesn't count against her. When the hubby proved the parents right after repeated beatings and cheating, she still decided to stick to him. well, that was her choice. When she eventually left, what was she still expecting from him? Someone who did not care for you while you were with him, you expect him to care during cancer?

I just feel very sorry for her children who would now believe it is ok to cheat and abuse or be at the receiving end of such. I sincerely pray that God heals those children and make them whole again.

This stories trail the net everyday and people keep making the same mistakes. One woman on FB, her father even warned her never to go back to her hubby but she did and he killed her. People were now saying 'type RIP' like we were the ones that killed her.

Yes, God hates divorce but it is allowed on grounds of adultery. In cases of abuse/violence, the couples can separate till there is a solution and get back together.

Let us stop making sensations out of peoples' choices.

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by tpia5: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2013
modupsie: i find it hard to believe this story.

na today?

most of these story writers must be giggling like mad when they see how people swallow their tales.

bunch of sociopaths.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by sholay2011(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2013
tpia@:

na today?

most of these story writers must be giggling like mad when they see how people swallow their tales.

bunch of sociopaths.
And you think this is another fabricated story upon the picture and names mentioned? What kind of garbage are you spewing? undecided

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by tpia5: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
abeg sharap.

you must be one of those eternal "waiting listers" with big greedy eyes roaming all over the place like golum's own.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by deols(f): 10:17am On Jun 21, 2013
She stayed on and waited till she was going to die?
I dont think she wrote this. Her relatives must have done it after her death to punish the man.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by bukatyne(f): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2013
deols: She stayed on and waited till she was going to die?
I dont think she wrote this. Her relatives must have done it after her death to punish the man.

Lol!
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by sholay2011(m): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2013
tpia@:
abeg sharap.

you must be one of those eternal "waiting listers" with big greedy eyes roaming all over the place like golum's own.
Are you drunk? Why commenting like you are sick? Go see a doctor and stop saying nons.ense here.
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by slimyem: 11:09am On Jun 21, 2013
biolabee: The question here is rather than attacking debrief(im sure shew knows)

What is your own solution to the phenomenon of extreme spousal abuse
I use the term extreme to connote repeated physical assaults, forced sexx with the partner

Since u accuse her of raising a divorce altar (she is married.. i hope you know)

What will you do if it was your sister that was beaten mercilessly

What will you do if it was your sister that was killed like a dog and the people who told her to go back home

When u answer without being sentimental, then we can talk

Good questions. I await the answers..though I can guess already.undecided

The story says she left the man for a sister/women's refuge place before she died so it wasn't like she remained despite the abuse. The man killed her spirit.

She should RIP wherever she is.
The truth is these kinda stories will never cease undecided
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by slimyem: 11:23am On Jun 21, 2013
This link has more details...
https://www.nairaland.com/1329399/touching-letter-
abused-wife-husband
...But of course,there has to be another side of the story.undecided
Re: Letter From The Dead: Abused Wife's Note To Hubby Before Her Death by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Typing RIP a million times wouldn't make any difference, its bloody hypocrisy and its my choice not to be part of the show.
Will my RIP bring her back to live?
Will it save her children from trauma?
Will its stop other women from doing this to themselves?
Please if you choose to type 10 pages of RIp feel free, its your choice, I choose to face the truth instead.
Divorce altar, na you sabi. Doesn't shake me.
Feel free to make your own altar dead spouses battered and dead from pain of cheating and abuse. Write as much RIP as you want.
Write the best "letters from the dead", its your choice just don't expect me to join in.
I choose instaed to ask them to survive and to pass on to the next generation bettwe values as self respect and value for life

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Feel Like Giving Up, I Have Failed My Children / Am I Overreacting? / How Should I Handle My Almost Cheating Patner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.