Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,767 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Short Story; Expensive Joke (april Fool Prank) - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Short Story; Expensive Joke (april Fool Prank) (1358 Views)

Expensive Joke For You. / (pic) Should We Call This An Expensive Joke?? / Expensive Joke (april Fool Prank) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story; Expensive Joke (april Fool Prank) by extraflyfineboy(m): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
Nobody is perfect. At least once in our life time we must have been a fool. Even in the ancient Roman Empire the king

always has a fool which makes him happy. Nevertheless, the fool has to be careful not to over step his boundary lest,

he be beheaded.

Talking about boundaries; last year Anurika over stepped hers. Am a contractor affiliated to the ministry of internal

revenue and in my line of work we submit tenders and bids and await the ministry to award the contracts to whom they

deem fit for the work. I put in a bid for a contract worth N5million and submitted my tender for the work alongside

other contractors. As usual I told Anuri my wife about the job and we prayed over it.

It’s almost a year and I still remember the rage that burnt in me from the incident; it was the first day of a new

month and a Sunday so as we prepared to go to church Anuri gave me an envelope saying “the mail man brought it

yesterday”. On opening the envelope it was a letter from the ministry stating that I had won the contract! My joy knew

no bound. I screamed and together we celebrated. I wanted to call my friends to celebrate with us but she said no.

“We’ll call them when we return from service”. I noticed she wasn’t really in a festive mood.

I got the shock on our way back from church when she told me that the letter was fake and was only an April fool’s

joke! What an expensive joke it was. To say I was mad was an understatement, if not that I was driving I probably

would have strangled her.

We had a very big fight which almost broke up our marriage, but we later recounciled.

This year I was ready for her, she won’t play me rather I play her. 1st of April 2013 was a Monday and I was sure I

would............................. pease continue with this story and loads more on http://umehoma..com
EyOO
Re: Short Story; Expensive Joke (april Fool Prank) by bukatyne(f): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ok, I read the full story and you almost put me in trouble. sad

My boss is asking me why I am smiling and I have a give an answer embarassed cry

This is very good! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Short Story; Expensive Joke (april Fool Prank) by callmepamela: 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
bukatyne: Ok, I read the full story and you almost put me in trouble. sad

My boss is asking me why I am smiling and I have a give an answer embarassed cry

This is very good! cheesy

hahahaha i read it too and i love it!. i always go ther too, its a great blog. kudos to u.. i love ur blog http://umehoma..com muahmuaH muahHH

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Ow^er Of This U^derwear? / Inspirational Quotes From Great Philosophers To Live By / How I Got A Free Bottle Of Coke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.