Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Need To Improve My Algorithm Skills (omo_to_dun,fayimora,ekt_bear And All) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need To Improve My Algorithm Skills (omo_to_dun,fayimora,ekt_bear And All) (1316 Views)

How To Improve My Php Skills / How Do I Improve My Programming Skills? / Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need To Improve My Algorithm Skills (omo_to_dun,fayimora,ekt_bear And All) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 19, 2013
Hi i will go straight to the point, I suck at algorithm (Complex algorithm) maybe because of my bad foundation at Maths, however I intend to make up for it, if anyone, especially omo_to_dun,ekt_bear,Fayimora, abdulpoopola know of the curriculum of books I can read to improve, because even on Project Euler my limitations shows. Thanks bear, am eager to improve my skills.
Re: Need To Improve My Algorithm Skills (omo_to_dun,fayimora,ekt_bear And All) by okeyxyz(m): 7:16am On Jun 23, 2013
I don't think maths has much bearing on algorithms. It's more of logic than mathematics(Yes! I know logic is a branch of maths). Logic is more of analysis than processing and number crunching, which is what core maths requires of you. So anybody with an analytical mind can tackle algorithms very well, whether he's a programmer, accountant, business manager, etc.

So I'd say start by learning to break down real life projects/problems into their constituent scopes and components, then as a programmer that you are; break them further down into data-types, structures, functions and controls. wink

1 Like

Re: Need To Improve My Algorithm Skills (omo_to_dun,fayimora,ekt_bear And All) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
okeyxyz: I don't think maths has much bearing on algorithms. It's more of logic than mathematics(Yes! I know logic is a branch of maths). Logic is more of analysis than processing and number crunching, which is what core maths requires of you. So anybody with an analytical mind can tackle algorithms very well, whether he's a programmer, accountant, business manager, etc.

So I'd say start by learning to break down real life projects/problems into their constituent scopes and components, then as a programmer that you are; break them further down into data-types, structures, functions and controls. wink

Thanx bro
Re: Need To Improve My Algorithm Skills (omo_to_dun,fayimora,ekt_bear And All) by WhiZTiM(m): 2:36am On Jun 24, 2013
You will need solid knowledge of maths as you ascend up the ladder...
Your roadmap will be:
**logic and basic algorithm is okkay...
**Optimization or Minimization algorithms
**Graph algorithms
**Numerical and Discrete algorithms
**Discretization algorithms
**Advanced algorithms from numerous research theses...

though, for programming in a business discipline, all these aren't needed...
but for a real-life engineering discipline, You Need all!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HTML 5, CSS 3, Javascript, C, C++, Java / Guys What Is A Hackathon? / All You Need To Know About Javascript Before Learning It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.