Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 (7039 Views)

The Sopranos - Best Series Ever / James Gandolfini, 'the Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 / U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Jenny20(f): 1:30am On Jun 20, 2013

Terrible news for TV fans: James Gandolfini, who played mobster Tony Soprano on HBO's seminal drama "The Sopranos," died suddenly today at the age of 51, Variety is reporting.

Gandolfini was traveling in Italy on vacation when he fell ill; various reports have him suffering a heart attack and a stroke. He is survived by his wife, Deborah Lin, and a son, Michael, from a previous marriage.

He won three Emmys and one Golden Globe for his performance as Tony Soprano on the HBO drama, a conflicted, sometimes villainous role that launched the current wave of TV antiheroes. "The Sopranos" remains HBO's highest-rated series ever, with 13.4 million viewers tuning in for the Season 4 premiere in 2002.
In addition to "The Sopranos," Gandolfini appeared in dozens of movies, including memorable supporting turns in "True Romance," "Get Shorty," and last year's "Zero Dark Thirty."

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/james-gandolfini---the-sopranos--star--dead-at-51-234433183.html
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
RIP Dude cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
R.I.P to the triple OG!!!
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Afrocatalyst: 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
Hmmm.. Heart attack. RIP sah.
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by 1forall: 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
Oh my, he was such a great actor on 'The Sopranos'. I loved his character on that show and the show itself so much that I consider it the greatest TV Show I had ever seen.

And even earlier this month TIME confirmed it as the Best-Written TV Show Ever: http://entertainment.time.com/2013/06/03/the-sopranos-named-best-written-tv-show-ever/

What a loss, RIP James Gandolfini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDkCiUhHCc

1 Like

Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2013
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by supaeagles(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2013
Wonderful actor and show (the sopranos). I go dedicate our super eagles victory today over Uruguay in your honour Mr. Gandolfini
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Neaman(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
Rest.In.Peace.
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by lacasa: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
RIP.

a great actor
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Samelfisha(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
RIP shocked
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by creativemusic: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
RIP sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
May his soul rest in peace embarassed
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
I GUESS GOD MADE HIM AN OFFER HE COULDNT REFUSE. KAPISSHHH
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by yuzedo: 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
Fantastic actor. Sad to see him go. The lack of premonition is the most amazing thing about death. RIP chief! sad
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by 1forall: 3:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
Here's some clips of remarkable scenes, I could watch the show again and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkbo_j2hHL4
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by chasitty123: 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
Died suddenly? Is it cardiac arrest?
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by 1forall: 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Jenny20(f): 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
Brilliant actor who brought honor to the Garden State and Rutgers University. Many tears today and prayers for his loved ones. Best actor of his generation...and one of the best, ever. Terrible loss!
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by ichommy(m): 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
Eya
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Ishilove: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
Eyah, never heard of him until today undecided

RIP sha sad
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ishilove: Eyah, never heard of him until today undecided

RIP sha sad
THATS YOUR PROBLEM ISHI. YOU AINT NEVER HEARD OF NOBODY EXCEPT PASUMA AND WASIU AYINDE BARRISTER SMH

2 Likes

Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Pussyfan(m): 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
Great T.V actor, will be sorely missed. Sopranos, one of my best t.v. series ever
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by bigmo1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
Oh°˚˚˚°! No. I love this dude (No Homo), i luv The Sopranos. I am still looking for movies or TV series just like The Sopranos. RIP The Mob Boss.
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by ladygogo: 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
Amazing actor. Rest on.
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by jonced(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
RIP...liked his performance in The Last Castle.
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Brisingr(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
RIP Tony and thanks for the memories
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Delafruita(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
obadiah777: THATS YOUR PROBLEM ISHI. YOU AINT NEVER HEARD OF NOBODY EXCEPT PASUMA AND WASIU AYINDE BARRISTER SMH
lol oga buzugee.pity am na.

heard about Mr. S earlier today and i gotta say the news hit me hard.the sopranos is definitely the best mafia series ever.

will never forget this line "pusssy swims with the fishes"...that show was fecking crazy
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by slinkky(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2013
Goodbye Tony
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by ifihear(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
Wen I remember James Gandolfini....water troway mi eyes oh!!
ah eh ah eh...water troway mi eyes... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

The Sporanos was one series I was kinda obsessed with,what with James immaculate portrayal of the Mob Boss Xter. The guy really acted the G in OG.

RIP MAN...God loves U..n we will miss u
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2013
He was my Hero, I looked up to him for inspiration. I watched Sopranos each time I face a difficult decision and ask myself, "What would Tony Soprano do in this situation?". I will miss Jimmy and I will keep these Sopranos series for the rest of my life in your honor. Adieu the Boss of all Bosses.
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by amir99(m): 5:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
Rip james ..... He was brilliant in the sopranos... But moltisanti remains my favourite character
Re: James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
Delafruita:
lol oga buzugee.pity am na.

heard about Mr. S earlier today and i gotta say the news hit me hard.the sopranos is definitely the best mafia series ever.

will never forget this line "pusssy swims with the fishes"...that show was fecking crazy
KINGPIN DELAFRUITA. I TROWAY SALUTE SIRE grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

02tvseries Is Down Visit Tvserieswap.com / Big Brother Africa 2010 Audition Date And Venue. / My Honest Review Of The Movie 'the Wedding Party'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.