Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Building A Light Table - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Building A Light Table (1594 Views)

Start Building A Career In Graphic Design / Building A Profitable Community And Marketplace For 3D Designers. / 5 Steps To Building A Personal Brand (and Why You Need One) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A Light Table by wham(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2008
Someone pls share with me tips, and advice (including details) on how to construct a simple light table (for home use)
Re: Building A Light Table by justbones(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2008
first off you need some light. Right?
then you get a table u'll use as the reference.
after that, you now do the easy part which is solidifying the light to the form of the table.
After which you have test it with some shadows. if it doesnt break down, you'll have sucessfully built a light table

Re: Building A Light Table by wham(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2008
Come ON!

You know what I mean noww!

Not this!

Nice Humor sha wink
Re: Building A Light Table by Lafem(m): 12:37am On May 19, 2008
Re: Building A Light Table by pault(m): 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2008
Very simple to build a light table . and a couple of ways
I have taken 1 inch by 4 inch lumber boards here in Canada and a sheet of plywood 24 by 36 inches . Layed the 1by 4 on edge to boarder the sheet of plywood. I then paint the box i have made White. Then you take stand 24 inch fluorecent light tubes with the electrics and screw them to inside the open box. Then you have a piece of White Plexiglass cut for the top . you drill hole in the edges of the 24 by 36 plexi and then drive screws in . One has to think of the on and off switch and I installed one on the outside wiring the light tubes to the switch and the switch have a wall plug to connect with you power.

Another way is to find a recessed ceiling light with fluorescent tubes in it . You wire a plug on to the fixture and and replace the eggcrate of frost ceiling fixture shield with a opaque white sheet of 1/4 inch lexan or plexi.

Of course it all depends on what is available locally. I have used glass panes on a frame using natural sunlight as a light table
Cheeer Pt.
Re: Building A Light Table by wham(m): 10:41am On Jul 08, 2008
Thanks man.

Are u into Animation? Would like to see samples of ur work. nice to have u on the thread
Re: Building A Light Table by pault(m): 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2008
wham I am a sign maker in Canada and here my idea for a Interum Logo for the Abuja 2018 commonwealth games bid.
We now have the largest Facebook Group for the 2018 bid which has more membership then four english cities combined .
Check it out http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=17343847842
We would like to get 10s of thousands on the group as this would show support in overwhelming numbers for hosting the games.

I envision a logo contest with 36 runners up and 1 grand prize winner for the Abuja 2018 logo. All entries would be restricted to Nigerian Citizens with a runner up winner from each state.
36 is the number of states in Nigeria and also the number of Support Pillars in Abuja National stadium . A State Commonwealth Games Banner would be hung for each section symbolising unity.

Cheeers Paul T

(1) (Reply)

Design Inspirio / Graphics Design Celebrity Of The Week / Check Out My First Photoshop Works.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.