Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

What Comparative Advantage Do Pentecostal/born Again Christians Have? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Comparative Advantage Do Pentecostal/born Again Christians Have? (925 Views)

25 Born-Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Comparative Advantage Do Pentecostal/born Again Christians Have? by Ajasnoop: 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
I was born into a catholic family and I will best describe myself as an Orthodox Christian. I have experimented with Pentecostal/Evangelical Christianity and it didn't really do anything for me.

I reasoned that

1. Pentecostals are not necesarily better people as there are very good people everywhere in the world even places where people do not believe in Christ.

2. Pentecostals are not more prosperous than other people. There are prosperous people in all spheres of belief

3. Pentecostals are not generally healthier than the rest of the population. They are also not free from diseases and ailments

4. Pentecostals are not immune to human and natural tragedies

5. Pentecostals do not generally live longer than unbelievers. The Japanese live the longest on earth and most of them do not even beleive in Jesus

6. "Miracles" are not limited to Pentecostals as all humans in one way or another have benefitted from extraordinary good fortune or "miracles"

7. There is no empirical evidence or proof that there are more Pentecostals in heaven or that eternity is guaranteed if you are born again

8. There is no proof that born agains or pentecostals are happier or more satisfied with their lives that people who do not subcribe to their beliefs

with all this I wonder what is the main advantage of being born again and what is it that set you apart from others?

(1) (Reply)

SEX SCANDAL: Another Shocking Revelationabout COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Ese Walters Lips Were Soft & Succulent,my Weakness Arose"-pastor Biodun / Extortion In The Pulpit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.