Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

My Current Project (underconstruction) 2 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Current Project (underconstruction) 2 (526 Views)

My Current Project (underconstruction) : : COMPLETED, BUT . . . / Current Top 20 Nigerian Sites / Current Babes Php Quiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Current Project (underconstruction) 2 by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 11:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
Here is the current project I am working on, can it be said that I am improving?

Does the landing page catch your attention and make you wish to explore more on the website?

What can be done to make it better in terms of layout tricks, css?

The Link is here

Also rate the work done so far on a scale of 100.

*Only the home page is ready for now*

Thank you. smiley

[size=16pt]A[/size]fols[size=16pt]N[/size]etworks

Re: My Current Project (underconstruction) 2 by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2013
The green color is a bit dark on that black transparent background. I understand u are using green because there is a green color in the logo, but find a way to brighten up the content background. One way is to make that background white entirely. The full website slide will still be seen at the right side. Or use paper or noise or pattern bg image as the background of that content area. Or you can leave it as it is now and change the color of Vision and Mission to yellow and also the border of the boxes to yellow.

Why make Vision and Mission and their corresponding boxes image when you can simply style it with css? There is an unwritten rule. Never use image on something you can achieve with css unless that thing has a special effect that css may not achieve.

40/100
Re: My Current Project (underconstruction) 2 by yawatide(f): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
The background switching is a major turn off and distraction, imho. Check out this site to see how to do similar behavior in a subtle manner:

http://www.austincsi.com/
Re: My Current Project (underconstruction) 2 by sisqology(m): 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
wtf is thissad
Re: My Current Project (underconstruction) 2 by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
A very big thank you to graphicplus and yawa-ti-de for ur kind assessments.

I have done a little more based on your recommendations.

GraphicsPlus: The green color is a bit dark on that black transparent background. I understand u are using green because there is a green color in the logo, but find a way to brighten up the content background. One way is to make that background white entirely. The full website slide will still be seen at the right side. Or use paper or noise or pattern bg image as the background of that content area. Or you can leave it as it is now and change the color of Vision and Mission to yellow and also the border of the boxes to yellow.

Why make Vision and Mission and their corresponding boxes image when you can simply style it with css? There is an unwritten rule. Never use image on something you can achieve with css unless that thing has a special effect that css may not achieve.

40/100
Call this laziness on my part. From your last score, I guess I am improving. grin

yawa-ti-de:
The background switching is a major turn off and distraction, imho. Check out this site to see how to do similar behavior in a subtle manner:
http://www.austincsi.com/

Haven looked at the ref you gave, I tried making the slide transition less obvious and flashy but cld not. So I have left that for another day. Thanks anyway. What will thou score the job?
Re: My Current Project (underconstruction) 2 by yawatide(f): 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
^^ I dare not mention as it will be lower than Graphic's.

Look at the ref, make improvements and call me back...

(1) (Reply)

Upload And Download Files / Free Website Clinic By GBG Lagos / I Need Help Answering A Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.