Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University (744 Views)

Woman Abandons Baby In Day-care (PHOTO) / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / What Drug Can I Take To Flush Out A Few Weeks Old Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by siraj1402(m): 7:12am On Jun 21, 2013
The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) on Thursday clarified that Diana Rotimi Oyinlola, an undergraduate, who delivered a baby in the toilet on campus did not attempt to kill the baby.

The were reports in a section of the media since the incident happened at Moremi hall on Wednesday that Oyinlola attempted to ditch the baby.

However, a statement signed by Biodun Olanrewaju, the university’s Public Relations Officer (PRO), on Thursday described the reports as “incorrect”.

Mr. Olanrewaju said that an interaction with the mother of the baby by the Security Unit of the university among other university officials, revealed that the student was willing to have the child.

He said that there was “no attempt whatsoever to conceal the pregnancy, not to talk of aborting it and wanting to flush the baby away through the Water Closet (WC).

“The truth is that there was a delivery of a baby boy by an inexperienced mother, who in her naivety, thought she was pressed by call of nature, while she was actually in labour pains.

“Prior to the childbirth, the inexperienced mother had discovered that she was bleeding and went to the toilet only to observe that something expelled into the water closet.

“It was at that juncture that she screamed and shouted for help when one of her friends Satope Oladayo, heard her distress voice and quickly traced her to the toilet from their room.

“It was when Satope entered the toilet and found the baby that she (Satope) called an elderly cleaner for assistance because the two of them were novice in childbearing,” the statement stated.

The father of the new baby is a 400-level student of Mechanical Engineering, while the 20-year-old mother is also a final year student in the same university.

Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by kkkp: 7:43am On Jun 21, 2013
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by ritux: 7:52am On Jun 21, 2013
Na wah. Comment reserved
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 21, 2013
[b][/b]
NOTED...GRT IFE.
OBA GBOGBO WON
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2013
haba, I thought giving birth is stressfull, esprcially fo a first timer, so its as easy as "poopooing". Many things for me to still learn in this world
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by fredopayee(m): 8:47am On Jun 21, 2013
Whoever signed this communique is only, but a mugu. Yesterday, it was same cleaner who found out that the baby was in toilet and most students doesn't know the owner of the baby.
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by tpia5: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2013
“The truth is that there was a delivery of a baby boy by an inexperienced mother, who in her naivety, thought she was pressed by call of nature, while she was actually in labour pains.

“Prior to the childbirth, the inexperienced mother had discovered that she was bleeding and went to the toilet only to observe that something expelled into the water closet.

this story sounds like it was written for martians.
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by tpia5: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2013
cogitoErgo: haba, I thought giving birth is stressfull, esprcially fo a first timer, so its as easy as "poopooing". Many things for me to still learn in this world

if i bust this super story wide open now, i'll have to invade some people's privacy.

they didnt give me permission to do so, so i wont.
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by Segadem(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2013
The same story in the the same venue but different versions.But God Know best.
May i ask,does toilet look like maternity centre?
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by Wendyslim(f): 9:05am On Jun 21, 2013
How the meda take get dat info nah, anyway thank GOD for dir life
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2013
tpia@:

if i bust this super story wide open now, i'll have to invade some people's privacy.

they didnt give me permission to do so, so i wont.
But wait o! shit and baby dont pass the same way, its only urine and baby dat have d same passage!
damned d thng is even easier dan i thought. Women is dat so?
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by Sealeddeal(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2013
How can a bady be flushed down the water closet? It appear somehow to me and i feel that nobody will attempt such.
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by stunning4real: 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
is possible to have painless child birth, especially in her age group. u can mistaken contraction 4 restroom feelings. so it is very possible to have a painless child birth.
Re: Our Student Did Not Flush Baby In Toilet – Obafemi Awolowo University by OAM4J: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2013

(1)

My Age Is 34 And Will Get Of 35 In Sep I Am Follwen In Live With 19yrs Girl, Can / S-african Women Married To Nigerians Threaten Protest / The Problem With Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.