Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Wake Up Call - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wake Up Call (1005 Views)

These Youths Slept; Only To Wake Up 180 Years Later. / Wake Up!before It’s Too Late! – A Letter To Unbelievers / Tb Joshua Spoke Of These Protests Back In October - Nigeria, Wake Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wake Up Call by Adaeze003(f): 8:11am On Jun 22, 2013
Patiently read through this:

I had a dream today. Two people that I Love so much and are close to me died. It was so real that it didn't occur to me that I was still asleep. I wailed my eyes out but the bad part wasn't that they left this world, it was that I wasn't sure of where they'll spend eternity. Another bad thing was that I remember postponing cautioning one of them. It might be just a dream but people die everyday. So why not change your ways? Why not secure your place in heaven here on earth? Why not tell every ear about God?. Funny thing is, we claim we are Christians but we are shy of the gospel, we don't want to loose friends, we wanna be 'on point' here on earth but it doesn't matter when you breathe your last. What truly matters is, where will you spend eternity? Good morning!

4 Likes

Re: Wake Up Call by dubem3(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2013
The meaning of the word 'Christianity' or 'christian' as the case may be has taken a new dimension to me.
Though I do not pay much attention to dreams, am of the opinion that rather than lay emphasis on being Christians, it would be easier for all if you you preached 'living good lives' and the 'the love of neighbour' from a logical point of view.
Christianity in its real sense is not just folk lore. Its logical too and at a time like this when everybody seems to know so much and yet know nothing, be aware that the old methods are now obsolete. Do what you have to do when you have to do it and if it's worth doing at all, give it a Damn good shot.
Re: Wake Up Call by Adaeze003(f): 11:57am On Jun 22, 2013
Dreams of course differ from real life but like I said, people die everyday and death is one thing we have no control over so all I'm trying to say is, change now that you're still alive coz when its over, its over. There is no repentance in the grave.

Christianity has only one meaning and that' 'christ like'. Not all church goers, preachers and church workers are christians you know? That's why I said 'CLAIM to be christians'.

All in all, I just decided to post this here to help the few that will read to have a rethink.
Re: Wake Up Call by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 17, 2015
embarassed
Yeah, I am going through your profile because I like you. embarassed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

"I Cannot Afford To Be A Christian" / Nigerian Wins Muslim-only Beauty Pageant In Jakarta / Pope Francis Warns Against Maintaining Catholic Church's Core Values

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.