Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,089 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? (3661 Views)

'if You Are RCCG, You Were Founded By Josiah Akindayomi'- BISHOP KUKAH / RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? / Rccg Pastors I Know Hiding Under Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by emiye(m): 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
You did argue against his honest observation with your correlative rhetorics. BTW rhetorics means insincere or empty language that sounds pretentious. Going by that definition,you succeeded in asking an Insincere' or 'empty' question. AUKM

Your understanding of a rhetorical question is so limited, try and do a little study of what it means.

The OP is mischievious, he left his usual church and went to a branch in RCCG out of the millions of branches in RCCG all over the world and came up with the observation "Why are RCCG pastors solely yorubas ?". lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That is so illogical, and not a smart observation.

There are hundred of thousands of Non-yorubas who are RCCG pastors, including RCCG missionary pastors
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Oildichotomy(m): 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
emiye:

Your understanding of a rhetorical question is so limited, try and do a little study of what it means.

The OP is mischievious, he left his usual church and went to a branch in RCCG out of the millions of branches in RCCG all over the world and came up with the observation "Why are RCCG pastors solely yorubas ?". lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That is so illogical, and not a smart observation.

There are hundred of thousands of Non-yorubas who are RCCG pastors, including RCCG missionary pastors
This is part of the research i embarked upon. Can you help out with the meaning of a 'rhetorical question' that you posed earlier? All is learning-you can still tell me, it won't cost you an arm
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2013
Why are assemblies of god pastors mostly igbos
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by emiye(m): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
This is part of the research i embarked upon. Can you help out with the meaning of a 'rhetorical question' that you posed earlier? All is learning-you can still tell me, it won't cost you an arm
Learn to befriend "google".

type in "rhetorical question", your ignorance about that phrase should disappear in minutes.
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Creatrixity(m): 9:59am On Jun 23, 2013
Interesting thread..
I believe it is due to the 'startup' factor.
A church started in a mainly predominant yoruba area with yoruba worshippers will at the long run have mainly yoruba pastors..logic!
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
funny enough, this has been argued on so many forum, both in Facebook, twitter and others. methinks the overseers of these churches are not treating Igbos very well. Let's keep issue of pastors aside, let's say It's spiritual, but why haven't any of them thought it befitting to establish something tangible in the spirit of oneness? Or it mean Igbo land is accursed? Given the number of Ndi-Igbo in these churches, I found it hard to believe nothing sensible is sited in this area. Take it or leave it, Igbos constitute not less than 40% of membership of these churches and should be duly appreciated and made to fill loved. Adrenal, a conservative estimate indicate that over 1 billion is contributed monthly and moved to Lagos axis headquarters. Sincerely, it looks lyk neocolonialism
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by macjive01: 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
Amen! To the tithe paying magas
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Demainman1: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
If Jesus Christ should come back as an Igbo man, 99.99% of Yorubas will go to hell fire because they will never believe in him grin
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by macjive01: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
Demain_man: If Jesus Christ should come back as an Igbo man, 99.99% of Yorubas will go to hell fire because they will never believe in him grin

That's a bit harsh
Re: Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
macjive01: I am a roman catholic but more or less tired of the whole God-church Thing, so I stopped going to church.

However of late I find Sundays very boring and tiresome, seemingly being in my neighbourhood all by myself, so decide to give church another go.

I went back to catholic church. Being in Europe with White priest making analogies with weird unfamiliar, dry comparisons and story, now made the church seem even more frustrating and boring as hell, Couldn't help myself not falling asleep on any Sunday I manage to go to church.

Owing to that, I decided to try one of these Naija - tithe loving churches. I found myself in RCC of God.

Firstly, it felt better. Never , couldn't . Absolutely impossible to fall asleep when it felt like a war zone at points.

Oddly enuf, I found most people in the church to b Igbos, even people i know to b catholics, most of the ushers, the choir, the. . . -don't-know-what-to-call-them, but those busy-body people acting like angel micheal- defender of heaven, were mostly Igbos BUT the priests were all Yorubas.

Look, I didn't go abt asking if there was an Igbo pastor or not, I only wanted to find out how they reconcile their catholic believe n honour of virgin Mary with rccg non-recognition of virgin Mary, so I happened to ask for an Igbo pastor- who wud b the possibly highest ranked wud-have-been-catholic. To my surprise, there was none. In fact the usher I asked happen not to k ow of any Igbo pastor in any of rccg she knows.

So the question is; is RCC a Yoruba business affair ?

Is the church dubiously tithing Igbos to buy private jets for the solely Yoruba pastors?

Are the Igbo's rich tithes funding the universities , schools, sophisticated hospitals n other businesses of the church strictly, deliberately and solely being sited in Yorubaland ?

Why arent there any of their mega-structured heavy invested church buildings in the east?

Are these pastors also firstly Yorubas before prophets of God as Awolowo infamously said he is Yoruba first before Nigerian?

Please, what is the selection process for the pastorhood?

Yoruba families generally have at least one rccg member, hence their large populatio. in the church

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERMON Jotters:candidates Of Deep Deliverance. PMCH-APRIL,2015-D.K Olukoya / Eating Corn Flakes In Dreams / Nathan Pratt: My Journey From the delusion of Christianity To Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.