Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Samsung Galaxy Y: A Weak And Useless Android Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Y: A Weak And Useless Android Phone. (2654 Views)

Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media / Samsung Galaxy Y Pros Duos And Tecno N3 Users Experience And Advise. / The Price Of Samsung Galaxy Pro And Galaxy Y Duos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy Y: A Weak And Useless Android Phone. by Judek2(m): 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
I'm writing this post out of frustration.. I've always wanted a nice touch screen phone.. a nice android phone that can allow me have beautiful applications and also play nice games like PES, FIFA , GTA , etc. I considered many android phones and came to the conclusion of buying SAMSUNG GALAXY Y.
O my God, I hate this phone. I thought I've gotten what I needed from a Samsung smartphone but I found out that the phone is as useless as java phones.
the problem with the phone is so many. (1) whenever I find a nice game to download, I get "this game is incompatible with your device". now that pisses me off.

(2) It has a very low device memory that I cannot have more than 4 applications. I must have to delete some to be able to avoid this message "insufficient storage available".

(3) Alright.. I found a way of freeing the memory by rooting the phone. I downloaded LINK2SD, which allows me to move apps to SD. But its bullshit, I can't move it when the memory is low unless I delete some apps again.

(3) I used this process to download many apps, and so I found a good way to make this phone useful, but this has a price.. I cannot allow the battery to run flat. when my battery went flat, I charged it and put it on, only to realise that all those apps are gone.. that made me mad.

(4) I bought this phone 22k, but my friends that has TECHNO at 13k always enjoy there phone as they like. they have all these games and it play well but anytime I transfer it to my useless Samsung. I always get your "parse error".

(5) All my apps now force closes anytime I open it.. my watsapp just deleted by itself and I tried downloading new one but I get, "invalid error".. W.T.F.

(6) I cannot play downloaded videos cos I always get "sorry, this video cannot be played". I downloaded mx player, mobo player and almost all video player app I found in play store, but I lost them all when my battery went flat.

(7) it has only 2gb free SD, With a useless battery that doesn't last up to 24 hours idle..

(cool Right now, I cannot have nice games on my phone, apps, I can't even do watsapp, Facebook app, I can't play downloaded videos.
I can only browse my ass off.
Please, this phone doesn't worth the price.. TECHNO is the best and very cheap.. I wasted 22k on this useless phone instead of just 13k for a better Techno phone..

Re: Samsung Galaxy Y: A Weak And Useless Android Phone. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sell it off then, or swap.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Y: A Weak And Useless Android Phone. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
another tecno advert

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Y: A Weak And Useless Android Phone. by ikechukz(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
@OP you better stop talking shyte.The galaxy y was introduced in 2011 and it was one the best phones in its class.It was one of the phones that brought in the low end class.Please don't tell me you tried to install fifa 2012 in it.Next time try to do research on the phone you want to buy:watch youtube videos,read reviews online and ask people who already own it.There is a new version of galaxy y with jellybean and 1ghz processor for 23k.You could have gotten that one.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Y: A Weak And Useless Android Phone. by Judek2(m): 2:31am On Jun 24, 2013
If the phone is so useful, why can't it save me just one app. No games, no apps. even all I downloaded from playstore force closes .
I can't play downloaded videos, I downloaded mxplayer nd codec, mobo player, qq player but it forcecloses anytime I open it... other techno users never encounter these problems
Re: Samsung Galaxy Y: A Weak And Useless Android Phone. by olahero(m): 6:26am On Jun 24, 2013
grin SAY YOU STOLE AM NI? BETTER GO BUY TECNO WEY DEY DO THE WORK OF SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 AND FORGET YAH SORROW.......※

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Y: A Weak And Useless Android Phone. by Judek2(m): 9:37am On Jun 25, 2013
olahero: grin SAY YOU STOLE AM NI? BETTER GO BUY TECNO WEY DEY DO THE WORK OF SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 AND FORGET YAH SORROW.......※

I won't be so frustrated if I stole it.. just wanna know if these problems are normal with the phone or if they have solutions.
I mean, techno is far cheaper and more useful.. I can add just 4k and buy two techno phones at that price.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Shows How To Transfer Battery Charges From One Phone To Another / FINALLY! Whatsapp Lets You Prevent People From Adding You To Their Groups / MTN 5G Speed Test: Mind Blowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.