Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,220 members, 7,953,811 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:10 AM

I Need Help For My Modem! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Help For My Modem! (2958 Views)

Help Me Unlock My Modem / Pls Help Me To Unlock My Modem / How Will I Configure My Modem For Etisalat Sim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help For My Modem! by webcalculator(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2013
Pls, help me, i uninstalled my zte modem software from my system afta it refused 2 connect to the internet 4 2days. I was hoping to reinstalled it afta but now it can't reinstall. What should i do, i bought this modem two weeks ago
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by weezii(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2013
webcalculator: Pls, help me, i uninstalled my zte modem software from my system afta it refused 2 connect to the internet 4 2days. I was hoping to reinstalled it afta but now it can't reinstall. What should i do, i bought this modem two weeks ago

try putting in the specific sim card that came with the modem and restart ur system then plug it in. If auto start doesnt prompt u to run the program, then goto computer, right click the modem icon then select "run as administrator" and then start the installation process again.

Give this a try first and let us know the outcome
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by webcalculator(m): 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
[quote
author=weezii]

try putting in the specific sim card that came with the modem and
restart ur system then plug it in. If auto start doesnt prompt u to run
the program, then goto computer, right click the modem icon then select
"run as administrator" and then start the installation process again.

Give this a try first and let us know the outcome[/quote] Thanks. I did as you said, it doesn't appear in my computer section. I hear sound that it has connected but can't see it anywhere in my computer.
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by weezii(m): 9:15am On Jun 24, 2013
webcalculator: Thanks. I did as you said, it doesn't appear in my computer section. I hear sound that it has connected but can't see it anywhere in my computer.
does ur system network bar shows active connection?

Goto the minimised tray always near white flag or look for ur corresponding modem icon at the bottom right corner of the system display and see if u can find it. If yes then double click it to open
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by webcalculator(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
weezii:
does ur system network bar shows active connection?

Goto the minimised tray always near white flag or look for ur corresponding modem icon at the bottom right corner of the system display and see if u can find it. If yes then double click it to open
it is not there. I went to device manager unda modems and i saw it n dey said i should instal d drivers. That it has no drivers. I plugd d modem in anoda system and it refuse to instal its software. I'm confused now
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by weezii(m): 7:50am On Jun 25, 2013
okay try this, if it is an MTN modem, put an MTN sim in it and plug into a system. Also have u tried unlocking it before?

Normally its meant to work
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by inspbado(m): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
My guy I really understand ur plight,I was also in d same situation u highlighted in ur post some few weeks back. I resolved the problem by completely removing the Etisalat software that came with the zte modem nd I installed the original zte software, ie I changed the "dashboard" of d modem(google modem dashboard to get a better understanding of wot I'm talking about). I'll try to give u d complete details on how I want about doing all that I said I did, but that will be later, my laptop is almost running outta battery nd I've got no where to charge it for now. So later
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by webcalculator(m): 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
Thanks a lot. It 's now working. See what i did, i inserted anoda airtel zte modem in my system and instal d software. I removd d modem and inserted my own, it works with the software. Please, any time you are chancd, tel me how u did d dashboard thingy. Thanks
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by webcalculator(m): 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
weezii: okay try this, if it is an MTN modem, put an MTN sim in it and plug into a system. Also have u tried unlocking it before?

Normally its meant to work
Thanks very much, it's now working. See what i did in d abov post
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by Rhemite(m): 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2013
HI, PLS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK MY ETISALAT HUAWEI modem so I CAN USE IT WITH ANY LINE. ALSO MY WIFI KEEP GETTING THIS SIGNAL BUT WHENEVER I CLICK ON IT I KEEP GETTING PASSWORD.CAN I GET PASS THIS, PLEASE HELP.
Re: I Need Help For My Modem! by webcalculator(m): 7:42am On Jul 06, 2013
Rhemite: HI, PLS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK MY ETISALAT HUAWEI modem so I CAN USE IT WITH ANY LINE. ALSO MY WIFI KEEP GETTING THIS SIGNAL BUT WHENEVER I CLICK ON IT I KEEP GETTING PASSWORD.CAN I GET PASS THIS, PLEASE HELP.

downloap dccrap and follow their instruction. Just google dccrap

(1) (Reply)

Your It Administrator Has Prevented You From Browsing This Url. / How To Solve "Windows Not Genuine" Problem On Your Windows Laptop / 4 Great Gmail Tricks You Should Know From Now On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.