Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,124 members, 7,957,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:15 AM

Amazing Things That Women Invented! - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Amazing Things That Women Invented! (24821 Views)

See What A Nairalander Invented 6 Years Ago. (photos) / 11 Things That NASA Discovered About The Moon That You Never Knew / Things You Didnt Know Were Invented By Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by texanomaly(f): 12:40am On Jul 02, 2013
druid06:

The bolded part got me cracking, like seriously who do you think you're deceiving.. Not me though!
What u believe is not my concern. Bless your heart
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by texanomaly(f): 12:59am On Jul 02, 2013
druid06:

The bolded part got me cracking, like seriously who do you think you're deceiving.. Not me though!
You have obviously never read anything I have ever written about s3x. Perhaps you should know something about the person you are commenting about before you do it. I should do the same. I apologize. Also, I should have read the comment more thoroughly before commenting. Tex
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by druid06(m): 1:01am On Jul 02, 2013
texanomaly:
You have obviously never read anything I have ever written about s3x. Perhaps you should know something about the person you are commenting about before you do it. I should do the same. I apologize. Also, I should have read the comment more thoroughly before commenting. Tex

Babe, I don't need to know you before posting a comment. From the little I've deduced about you, I can now see why you're grumpy. You need to get laid more often.. grin grin grin
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Dumkele1: 6:19am On Jul 02, 2013
Really don't know why guyz are like these,even if their inventions av been modified,d fact is dat their name holds d patent for d original template(at least appreciate them for that).....for d ppl asking why women haven't done much with the little they're given and those sayin their inventions are petty,i want to know what u av done with the much u'v been given(pls show me a patent in ur name) and i also want to know what contributions u've made to ur various fields.....d fact remains dat a man will always believe he's better than a woman d same way d whites will always believe they're better than blacks and it's all summed up in one word CHAUVINISM....so u c, we're all guilty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by guttentag(m): 7:01am On Jul 02, 2013
YOU ARE SO RIGHT !!!

Olucheye: As far as I'm concerned the OP should have titled the writeup as Amazing Things That WHITE Women Invented!

The only thing African women have invented including their african-american counterparts is how to make themselves human Reducing agents. The first of its kind in the world.

LAST SHOT: Women are great in their minds. We just need more of them who'll physically prove us men wrong.
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Smartsyn(m): 7:33am On Jul 02, 2013
and u guys forgot that Patience Jonathan invented the rarest form of gbagaun english in history
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Aliyeous(m): 8:25am On Jul 02, 2013
What a man can do a woman can do later

1 Like

Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 02, 2013
Aliyeous: What a man can do a woman can do later
LWKD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by promisengr(m): 8:59am On Jul 02, 2013
50calibre: What of Marie Curie, she found radium.

These female inventions are just a tiny fraction of what men invented.

Is invention the same with discovery?
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 02, 2013
big-t:
Petty inventions built on men's inventions! cool
Edit: nowadays, women prefer to invent foodwink and drinks! cheesy e.g amalagrin + efo riro grin and the read deal b say hem fit wash ... lipsrsealed ....put join am sad

Are you that insecure? Afraid that a woman might put you to shame with her inventions? By the way they aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ so much more than that
Mary Anderson
Marion Donovan
Sally Fox
Bette Nesmith Graham
Dr. Temple Grandin
Ruth Handler
Mary Phelps Jacob
Margaret Knight
Stephanie Kwolek
Hedy Lamarr
Ann Moore
Lyda Newman,
Patsy Sherman,
Ruth Wakefield

Check them up yourself and hang your sorry self thereafter. Mschew!!

1 Like

Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by bot101(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2013
blah blah blah. . .extremely boring, at least to me. Check out some thing more interesting. Click on the link in my signature to see what it is.
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 02, 2013
its22078:

i think u should speak for yourself bro. If thats what your mother, wife and sister is like, dont paint every woman with the same brush
1. IM NOT UR 'BRO': MY DADDY DIDNT FCK UR MUMMY SO GO FIND UR REAL FATHER
2. ILL SAY WHATEVA THE FCK I WANT, U DONT LIKE IT, GO SIT ON A CACTUS BUSH

BRO
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Anabaraonyepete(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2013
Bandit C.:

He is right. You are the olodo.
Y not use naija pigin, as una dey find british
own difficult/... matcheewww
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by mrarranger: 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
texanomaly:

Alphabet blocks Adeline D. T. Whitney 1882

Apgar tests, which evaluate a baby’s health upon birth Virginia Apgar 1952

Chocolate-chip cookies Ruth Wakefield 193

Circular saw Tabitha Babbitt 1812

Dishwasher Josephine Cochran 1872

Disposable diaper Marion Donovan 1950

Electric hot water heater Ida Forbes 1917

Elevated railway Mary Walton 1881

Engine muffler El Dorado Jones 1917

Fire escape Anna Connelly 1887

Globes Ellen Fitz 1875

Ironing board Sarah Boone 1892

Kevlar, a steel-like fiber used in radial tires, crash helmets, and bulletproof vests Stephanie Kwolek 1966

Life raft Maria Beaseley 1882

Liquid Paper®, a quick-drying liquid used to correct mistakes printed on paper Bessie Nesmith 1951
Locomotive chimney Mary Walton 1879

Medical syringe Letitia Geer 1899
Paper-bag-making machine Margaret Knight 1871

Rolling pin Catherine Deiner 1891

Rotary engine Margaret Knight 1904

Scotchgard™ fabric protector Patsy O. Sherman 1956

Snugli® baby carrier Ann Moore 1965

Street-cleaning machine Florence Parpart 1900

Submarine lamp and telescope Sarah Mather 1845

Windshield wiper Mary Anderson 1903

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Happy now?

THANK YOU!!!
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by texanomaly(f): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
mr arranger:

THANK YOU!!!
You're welcome
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Natasha2(f): 8:27am On Jul 03, 2013
Nice thread
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Eliasog: 7:39am On Oct 03, 2013
The only thing African women have invented including their african-american counterparts is how to make themselves human Reducing agents. The first of its kind in the world.

This statement is highly degrading. Our mothers of old invented many things that were not patented due to illeteracy and culture of the day. One BIG example is SOAP, do you think it is whiteman or her woman that invent it?
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
texanomaly:

Women were prohibited from doing many things until well into the last century. What do you expect?
lies.
Re: Amazing Things That Women Invented! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
wifi was also by a woman,she was the said to be the most beautiful woman of world war 2,she was also an actress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja / How Illegal Miners Wash Mined Sand To Get Gold (video/picture) / Amabebe Richard Produces Chandeliers, Lamp Holders With Sawdust (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.