Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja (24736 Views)

Rain Of Worms Falls Down The Sky In China, Residents Panic (Photos) / 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China / Cow With Two Heads In Gombe Causes Panic Among Residents. See Shocking Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by Islie: 6:09am On Oct 03, 2018
By AbdulAzeez Bello

Residents of Mpape area of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja have reported a ‘volcanic eruption-like incident’ with some inflammable substances emitting smoke from the cliff of the hills in the area.

A Federal Government delegation comprising the Minister of Solid Mineral Abubakar Bawa Bwari and his FCT counterpart Muhammad Musa Bello and the Director General of the Nigeria Geological Survey Agency (NGSA) Alex Ndubuisi Nwegbu visited the area yesterday.

The residents had sent a distress call after the presence of ‘inflammable substances’ in the area, but the authorities have asked them to remain calm as government investigates the incident.

The incident is coming few weeks after an earth tremor that caused panic the area.

A resident told the NTA that they first noticed the incident around 5 pm yesterday.

The DG of NGSA urged the residents not to panic as “this is not the kind of environment where you see volcanic eruption.”

The minister of solid minerals said samples have been taken and they would be analysed so as to determine exactly what happened.

The FCT minister said the government would make sure the lives and property of the residents are not at risk at all. The authorities said the area would be cordoned off to carry out examinations.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/panic-over-volcanic-like-incident-in-fct.html
Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by Kingosytex(m): 6:13am On Oct 03, 2018
Volcanic eruption?? i just hope its not near aso rock, despite the fact dat i detest buhari's style of governance cos he is clueless, i still wish him the best

11 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by omowolewa: 6:14am On Oct 03, 2018
Volcano?!

Someone should go and confirm, check inside the holes.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by RevenGeMission: 6:15am On Oct 03, 2018
Like i've always said , Nigeria still needs help from the Oyinbos , i have suggested it several times that head of our agencies, security , enviroment , well being and co should be contracted foreigners

Imagine , 58 years old Nigerian seismologists (If they exist) do not know for sure if it's Volcanic activities or not , The sooner we bring in new / foreign ideas , the sooner our mentality and reaction / preemptive plans gets better

It's either Abuja has been dormant volcanic / earthquake prone area afterall , or someone is digging a tunnel to CBN

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by RevenGeMission: 6:16am On Oct 03, 2018
And this report is trash, Flammable material or volcanoes running off freely ?? If the media is putting a gag on this incident to prevent massive panic , they are not doing the right thing

If there will be massive eruption , people need to know

8 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by Redoil: 6:20am On Oct 03, 2018
The gods are angry with bubu and apc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by JudasNaCarrot: 6:30am On Oct 03, 2018
Nigeria have not known peace for complete one month.....from one disaster to another,whether natural or man made since this Satanist took over power in 2015.

17 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by shikshark: 6:42am On Oct 03, 2018
"The DG of NGSA urged the residents not to panic as “this is not the kind of environment where you see volcanic eruption.”

in a sane society, for the fact that its close to a residential area, creation of evacuation plans will be underway and geologist will be on ground conducting several test on the rocks.....
Abi oga d.g thinks volcano will send him memo?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by GOFRONT(m): 6:43am On Oct 03, 2018
shocked

Tokunbo aircrafts are done with their calamity....

Now it is Earthquake loading..

1 Like

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 03, 2018
APC at it again. Which kind Party be this? causing disasters here and there

16 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by aolawale025: 6:53am On Oct 03, 2018
May be the resultant effects of rock blasting in the area
Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:57am On Oct 03, 2018
Buhari himself is a collosal earthquake of evil. Fct people, if Buhari agencies tell you know problem, the know that they meant there is much bigger problem.
Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.

5 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by gaby(m): 7:00am On Oct 03, 2018
They are coming...NEPA took light, they want to turn on the gen so they can check the equipment they just bought to ascertain what could be happening.

Abeg make una get patience small.

1 Like

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by limeta(f): 7:30am On Oct 03, 2018
Ah long story
Look after yr self
As for me I will not wait around for no government bull shit

2 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by Righteousness89(m): 7:41am On Oct 03, 2018
Nigeria is getting Warning Signals!!
The Nation should sit up..

The Blood of those being innocently Wasted are Crying....

3 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by wittyt98(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2018
Food don land For Pastorprenuers and their gullible members grin grin time to roll out them disgusting meaningless personal delusions called prophecy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by maxiuc(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2018
make e happen sef
Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by wittyt98(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2018
Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by umarshehu58(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2018
Kingosytex:
Volcanic eruption?? i just hope its not near aso rock, despite the fact dat i detest buhari's style of governance cos he is clueless, i still wish him the best
Hypocrisy of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by potent5(m): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2018
Let's pray for a proper volcanic eruption in the middle of Aso Rock
Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by globalresource: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2018
Is it at the middle of Aso Villa? Just asking ni o grin

1 Like

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2018
Useless ministers and DGs. Instead of making arrangement for evacuation and successful relocation of the residents, instead of giving the residents tips on how to safeguard their life's and if possible their property in case of sudden eruption, they are busy taking samples and analyzing.
Well that is what is obtained when you give posts to dullards.

4 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by femi4: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2018
I ll love to see lava in Nigeria
Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by Hakeem12(m): 9:41am On Oct 03, 2018
K
Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by zombieTRACKER: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2018
Buhari remains the one that transformed our goodluck to badluck

4 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by TheKingIsHere: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2018
When FG tells you to remain calm better run for your life.

But since buhari entered power, so many natural disasters has occurred.

The gods of our land is truly angry with him

1 Like

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by OhiOfIhima: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2018
May the Almighty Allah protect the Nigeria territory. Amiin

1 Like

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by KosyJerry(m): 9:42am On Oct 03, 2018
God keep blessing the country as a whole and protect us from such disaster..

1 Like

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2018
Kingosytex:
You sound like an idiot. Are those in aso rock more human than other densely populated areas where more than thousands would be affected without those in aso rock doing anything to help them?

7 Likes

Re: Panic Over ‘Volcanic Eruption' In FCT, Abuja by t12tosin: 9:43am On Oct 03, 2018
Pishur or I don belif

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amabebe Richard Produces Chandeliers, Lamp Holders With Sawdust (pics) / Download Latest Real Football 2019 Apk App + Obb Data On Android / NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.