Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,294 members, 7,954,169 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:36 PM

R These Shady Car Dealers? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / R These Shady Car Dealers? (787 Views)

Why Don't Car Dealers Import Diesel-powered Cars To Nigerians? / Beware Of Catalyst Stealing Mechanics, Welders And Car Dealers!!!! / Why Are Nigerian Car Dealers So Greedy?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

R These Shady Car Dealers? by flexya: 2:05am On Jun 24, 2013
I am in the market for an Infinity FX and it has involved searchin thru the classifieds in NL along with some other sites which i wont mention (else I get banned). Most sellers r in lagos while am.in ibadan. To avoid a wasted trip, I ask as many questions as possible, which the seller often answers until it gets to "can I av the VIN pls". Then the seller stops respondin to my msgs/mails

So fellow bloggers/NL, is there sometig wrong in askin for d VIn or r such sellers unscrupulous?
Re: R These Shady Car Dealers? by texaco1: 5:21am On Jun 24, 2013
my man ,pls keep askung for any info that will eneable you to determine the geniueness of the car.dont stop asking ,auto sections has many fraudsters there who are always waitibg for somebody to fall into their trap

1 Like

Re: R These Shady Car Dealers? by bravolad(m): 10:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
The vin is the only sure way of knowing the vehicle history. It shows the actual mileage a car has covered prior to shipping to Nigeria. Though, most vin reports will tell you that not all vehicle incidents are reported. But it provides you with some measure of assurance.

A car seller who refuses to disclose the vin of the proposed vehicle to be sold should be avoided at all cost. Refusal to disclose the vin is a pointer that the fact that the vehicle could possibly be a lemon, salvage title, flooded, odometer roll back etc. however, for a vehicle used in Nigeria, there are no such records or history. The vin of any vehicle is conspicuously written all over the vehicle, therefore, I see no reason to withhold it from a prospective buyer if the vehicle is a clean title.

By all possible means, run away from such dealers. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

What To Check For When Inspecting A Tokumbo Car / Eod Engine Palava / Autologic 3weeks Promo-free Scan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.