Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' (13967 Views)

Mr. Oreo Iyanya Makes Acting Debut In Nollywood / Julius Aghahowa's Daughter Makes Nollywood Debut In 'Unconditional' / Sesame Street Makes Its Debut On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by devour129: 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
TCUBE: [b][/b]Akon was on screen for almost 30 sec.I dont know if what y'all saw what the international version. Remember the "white lady" sat by akons side and flirted with him.. took one of his diamond ear rings and auctioned it for more than 20,000....WHO IS OMOTOLA'S MANAGER? YOU WILL NEVER SEE ONE OF THE BIGGEST BOLLYWOOD STARS DO WAKA PASS in an america movie...kai[b][/b]
thats a fat lie.amitabh bachan am sure i ddnt get d name right sha but toofan was in a recent Hollywood fill and he role was just 2seconds.he even said in a recent interview that if you blink you might miss him
Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by Angyee(f): 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
Her appearance is referred to as a cameo.
Many are publicity stunts. Others are acknowledgments of an actor's contribution to an earlier work, as in the case of many film adaptations of TV series, or of remakes of earlier films. Others honour artists or celebrities known for work in a particular field.

India's Ashwarya Rai has had a cameo, as well as Amitabh Bachan as previously mentioned. Even Hollywood A-listers have had cameos, some hollywood directors have had cameos. You are all making fun of her that it was a waka pass role. Do you know how many UK A-list celebrities would give an arm and a leg for such a role, not just appearing but appearing as themselves?

3 Likes

Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 27, 2013
Olodo plenty for this Nairaland ooo. See people equating Cameo roles with 'waka pass'.

Playing her self for a few seconds in a series/movie shows she's a star! I mean; who gets to play themselves in movies if not well known celebs? Mtcheew, I'm outta this place.

Its amazing how Nairalanders display ignorance with much confidence

1 Like

Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by Afam4eva(m): 1:14am On Jun 27, 2013
id it's a cameo then why is it called a debut? Until i see her for at leas 10 minutes in a movie, she aint started yet.
Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by solotutu(m): 5:05am On Jun 27, 2013
elampiro:

Is she more successful than Genevieve?
of cours she is Common now!!? Ao wud u ask again...she like 3-in-1 actress representing Proudly 9ja now..no ask please ohh...
If to say geneivieve hehe,got that James bond role in d 007 series...ehen by nw she be d most ,d most...but she didnt so omotola..wit d news,echo of her name everywhere she is!!
Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by tpia5: 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
Nigerians and hyperbole, smh.
Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
The problem here was the hype. Personally I would have made it known it is just an appearance. Nothing more pathetic than blowing your horn and then when it comes to action we can't find you. Don't feed us with hype and start crying cameo later. They've been hyping this thing for the past two months or so and nobody said anything about cameo. We her fans were deceived grin. The PR knew what they were doing, so they should accept whatever backlash that stems from it. grin
Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
Afam4eva: id it's a cameo then why is it called a debut? Until i see her for at leas 10 minutes in a movie, she aint started yet.
Its still a debut.

stillwater: The problem here was the hype. Personally I would have made it known it is just an appearance. Nothing more pathetic than blowing your horn and then when it comes to action we can't find you. Don't feed us with hype and start crying cameo later. They've been hyping this thing for the past two months or so and nobody said anything about cameo. We her fans were deceived grin. The PR knew what they were doing, so they should accept whatever backlash that stems from it. grin
That's what they call hype/publicity. I can tell for a fact that if not for Omotola's appearance hype, no one will know about 'HIT THE FLOOR' in Nigeria (and probably Africa at large). I can remember a Bollywood movie like that; One or two Hollywood actors made a cameo appearance, but the movie was hyped to the roof....even tagging it 'Hollywood meets Bollywood'. It all turned out to be cameos...but audiences sha don spend money; mission accomplished! Talk till tomorrow, the mission of 'HIT THE FLOOR' creators has been fulfilled grin. To grab African audience
Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by VillageBoi(m): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
solotutu:
If to say geneivieve hehe,got that James bond role in d 007 series...ehen by nw she be d most ,d most...but she didnt so omotola..wit d news,echo of her name everywhere she is!!

Errrmmmm there was NEVER EVER a sliver of consideration there. Even the lowliest of carpenters on any James Bond production has not heard her name or even knows she exists.

But hopefully that changes one day... e no go be JB shaa... but still no reason why a 'Nigerian-grown' actor won't cross-over and nab something big in the next few years.
Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by tpia5: 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
maybe nollywood and senegal want to start collaborating?

i'm not sure what a cameo appearance means.

perhaps the appearance is meant to break into a market in or outside the US.
Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by omar22(m): 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
hmm

Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by omar22(m): 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
See the Okoro Lady

Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by omar22(m): 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
Typical

Re: Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' by ozoemeka(m): 2:59am On Jul 03, 2013
Nigerians..

omar22: Typical

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? / The Next Movie Star Reality Show / Who Is To Blame For The Piracy Of Half Of A Yellow Sun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.