Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

How Do I Update Your Phone Software? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Update Your Phone Software? (891 Views)

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now / Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. / Update Your Blackberry To Os 7.1 For The Best Ever Blackberry Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Update Your Phone Software? by Ebukapaul1(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2013
We periodically release Windows Phone software updates to add new features you've asked for and to maximize your phone's performance.

When a software update is available for you to download, we'll notify you on your phone.

To learn what's included in each update and determine which version of Windows Phone you have now, see Phone updates FAQ.

Notes If your phone uses Windows Phone 7 software, it can't be updated to Windows Phone 8. See Which version of Windows Phone do I have? if you're not sure what's on your phone.
If you use a Mac, you'll need to use the Windows Phone app for Mac (formerly the Windows Phone Connector for Mac).

To learn more, see Sync and get updates with my Mac.

Windows 8 Pro supports the Zune software, but Windows RT does not. How to prepare for an update

1. Install the Zune software on your PC. You'll need this software to download the phone update.

2. If your battery level is low, give your phone a quick charge before starting the update. For more info, see My battery is too low to update my phone.

3. Make some room on your phone for the update. If necessary, remove a few unwanted apps or other large items.

To see how much free space you have on your phone, on Start , flick left to the App list, tap Settings > About , and look at the number to the right of Available storage.

For more info, see Make room on my phone to update it .

4. Free up space on your computer. We'll need some room to download the software update, to save a backup of your existing phone software and settings, and possibly to sync media files from your phone to your computer. For more info, see Make room on my computer for phone updates .

5. Make sure your computer has a reliable Internet connection.

In some cases, you might need to switch from a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to a wired (Ethernet) connection.

Or you might need to adjust your computer's firewall or proxy settings.

For more info, see the Network connection problems in Windows tutorial.

6. Verify that your phone is set to the correct date and time.

That'll help us determine which updates you need. For more info, see Correct my date and time to update my phone .

How to install an update

1. When an update is available, we'll notify you on your phone.

After you see the notification, pick a convenient time to install the update on your phone. The process can take up to an hour.

If you miss the notification or don't have time to install the update, we'll remind you again in a few days.

2. Connect your phone to your primary computer—the first one you connected your phone to—using the USB cable that came with your phone.

If you're using a different computer than you normally use, please see some important information in the Notes below.

3. If the Zune software doesn't start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.

4. We might ask you to update the Zune software.

If we do, just follow the on- screen instructions. Then restart the sync software.

5. In the Zune software, click Update Now. Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.

Notes When you connect your phone to a PC for the first time, the Zune software will automatically create a primary sync relationship between your phone and that computer.

Other computers you connect to after that will have a guest sync relationship with your phone.
Your primary computer remembers your linked phone and all of its settings and history, so it's the only computer that will create a backup of your phone during the update process.

That's why we recommend that you only use your primary computer to update your phone software.

If you need to use a different computer, see Syncing your phone to another computer. To check if an update is available for your phone, on Start , flick left to the App list, tap Settings , and then tap Phone update .

By default, your phone uses your cellular data connection to check for updates and notifies you when an update is found.

To change the type of connection for future updates, do this: on Start , flick left to the App list, tap Settings , and then tap Phone update .

Although we notify you "over the air" (via your phone's data connection) when an update is available to download, we don't deliver the actual software update over the air.

You must connect your phone to your computer to download and install available updates. When you install an update, all of your settings, apps, and media files are preserved...
Re: How Do I Update Your Phone Software? by ciphoenix: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Do I Update Your Phone Software? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
But this seems to be only about windows; yet you generalise...
Re: How Do I Update Your Phone Software? by ciphoenix: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
mazado: But this seems to be only about windows; yet you generalise...
you even understand the message he's passing. You try o grin

(1) (Reply)

Is BBM On Tecno Android Yet? / Unbeliveable!!!tecno D7 With 2500 Mah Battery / Mtn Night Plan Works 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.