Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children (12837 Views)

Kidnappers Arrested After Killing Their Victim (Graphic Photos) / Pictures Of Kidnappers Arrested This Morning In Port Harcourt. / Kidnappers Arrested In Their Hide-out In Ibadan With Fake Currency (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by abagoro(m): 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
Imo State Police Command, weekend, nabbed a bus driver at the border between Imo and Rivers States, conveying about 18 school children suspected to have been abducted.

Vanguard investigations revealed that the pupils were allegedly abducted from Umuohie Primary School and Baptist Secondary School, Umuohie, all in Ngor Okpala Local Government Area of Imo State.

According to reports, the bus driver refused to stop when he was flagged down for routine check and this fuelled suspicion among the policemen on duty.

A villager, who spoke on ground of anonymity, told Vanguard that a female teacher, the bus driver and the school children were first moved to the Divisional Police Headquarters, Umuneke, before being taken to the state Police Headquarters, Owerri.

It was gathered that the female teacher and the driver, whose names could not be ascertained at press time, were already telling the police all they knew about the movement of the school children.

Meantime, residents of the area have appealed to security agencies in the state to extend their surveillance to the border road, which they described as "very lonely."

According to them, the road was gradually turning into a get-away route for criminals operating across the border communities.

They particularly named the Umuneke-Elele-Obike-Eche road which is called "Abuja Expressway" as prone to criminal activities and urged the authorities to beef up security along the road.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201306250705.html/
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
Which kind of money would make someone steal eighteen children?
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
[size=14pt]I can almost guarantee that another news item will surface by tomorrow to tell us otherwise[/size]

1 Like

Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by tosene: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thank God for the rescue
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by jiffylibra: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
Wonder what will be the fate of the parents of those children
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by zuzuonyi: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
My peepu, wen una wan stop dis shameless act?

1 Like

Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by shineureyes(m): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
There was a country
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by lefolksy(f): 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thank God 4 exposing their Evil act.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by ichommy(m): 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
zuzu-onyi:
My peepu, wen una wan stop dis shameless act?

wen d politician stop looting
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by Kingslaw(m): 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
E no go better for devil. So even little children are no longer save.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by Reachyrich(f): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thank God 4 those children.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
God purnish kids nappers!

I never believed i will do this but the feeling is ecstatic..its like cumming in a virgin's mouth..first to comment feels good...Thank You Lord i made it...phew.. grin grin grin

@topic...nawaoh

Chai! You v been infected with the 1st to comment virus.
Contact Okija juju Herbal Clinic at No 10, Arochukwu street, Awka LG, Anambra State for antiretroviral drugs. Get well soon.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by kingthreat(m): 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thank God for the lives of these children. Their parents will be extremely ecstastic. The SE's getting to be a region where no one is safe from kidnapping from a new-born to the elderly. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by WIZGUY69(m): 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
choi! Maka ogini 18 children!? I no believe joor... May be they are taking the kids to excursion or taking them back home!! Since they are still wearin uniform!! I repeat na pure lie instead of those villagers to be crying they are naming roads!! I talk am again!! Dey dnt kidnapp dem
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by freecocoa(f): 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
So what did the driver and female teacher say regarding the kids? Abi them no give statements?

Poor journalism.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by WIZGUY69(m): 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
i no know why south east hate children like this!! cry
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by onyeego(m): 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
What senseless story is this undecided
This journalists are beginning to irritate me, what's the essence of publishing a story without names.

This might just be a case of a driver who is not willing to part with N50 angry

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
onye ego: What senseless story is this undecided
This journalists are beginning to irritate me, what's the essence of publishing a story without names.

This might just be a case of a driver who is not willing to part with N50 angry

A teacher and driver being questioned
Isn't it possible they were going on a school trip?
Have any parents claimed heir kids were missing?
The type of sham journalism that pervades Nigeria

By the time the school comes out tomorrow to claim it wasn't an abduction,I hope someone remembers to quote me
The same way I screamed that the Ezu river bodies were victims of police brutality and extrajudicial killings and I was right at the end of it all
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
freecocoa: So what did the driver and female teacher say regarding the kids? Abi them no give statements?

Poor journalism.

Thank you!
Like Onye ego said,this is most likely a driver and teacher that refused to grease the palms of those ugly smelly things on our highways

According to reports, the bus driver refused to stop when he was flagged down for routine check and this fuelled suspicion among the policemen on duty.

A villager, who spoke on ground of anonymity, told Vanguard that a female teacher, the bus driver and the school children were first moved to the Divisional Police Headquarters, Umuneke, before being taken to the state Police Headquarters, Owerri.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by biafranqueen: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
WIZGUY69: i no know why south east hate children like this!! cry
please lipsrsealed
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by biafranqueen: 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
babyosisi:

A teacher and driver being questioned
Isn't it possible they were going on a school trip?
Have any parents claimed heir kids were missing?
The type of sham journalism that pervades Nigeria

By the time the school comes out tomorrow to claim it wasn't an abduction,I hope someone remembers to quote me
The same way I screamed that the Ezu river bodies were victims of police brutality and extrajudicial killings and I was right at the end of it all
It's true u and my husband both said it
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by Raypawer(m): 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
ichommy:

wen d politician stop looting

can two wrongs make a right?
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by biafranqueen: 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Journalist please they were ran down for avoiding bribe money please get all facts before reporting story angry
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by d333: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
know neighbors here in abj that are looking for their kid(s), almost 2 weeks now.... any way to get pictures of these abducted kids for identification?
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by DrMuzungu(m): 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
If they are really guilty, shred them to pieces, one piece a day.
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
So Peter Obi was right after all
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by seunlayi(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
thank God that he was caught
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by yemmight(m): 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
These people from this part of Naija no go stop. That's why they always harrass people in joints by lavishly spending rituals money. grin
Re: Suspected Kidnappers Arrested With 18 Children by abagoro(m): 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
babyosisi: [size=14pt]I can almost guarantee that another news item will surface by tomorrow to tell us otherwise[/size]

The thing about Nigerian Police is that they could have framed these people up because of a little disagreement. There's more to the story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Two For Impersonation, N1 Million Fraud(photos) / Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers / Insecurity: Police To Install Cctvs Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.