Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,023 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (85535 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by KiNg0G: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2022
The goal of every celebrity is to be at the top and remain there for as long as they could, some did, some tried but couldn't... while some just let go of the fame and move to other meaningful businesses of their choice

here are my top 5 countdown celebrity that couldn't handle fame

kOREDE BELLO

it's one thing to be talented and another to be prince charming.. kOREDE is an artist I won't say is that talented, he started young, signed to mavin with one of the most hotest hit single in nigeria of all time GOD WIN,. to the point his name was even changed to it. like they say one hit can keep you in the music business.. he had the fame all through that years just because of that song but too bad he couldn't capitalize on it, an opportunity alot of musicians are looking for till today.
even though is name will always ring a bell on our ears but his recent songs may not.

Mr, Eazi

when Eazi came out 2014, 2015 the whole industry shooked, wondering who is this wonder kid almost an extent he was dragged by two african countries, nigeria and ghana.
the nigeria born singer who spent quite some time of his life living in ghana was so talented with his thick voice and when he goes "high pitch" on a song they is way he does it till today I still haven't seen any artist that sound so "emotional" like the early mr Eazi sorta like post malone.. Dude was so different, came with a unique style and won next rated the following year unopposed, he even helped revived terry G career through a feature skin tight. it's so painful we don't know why he couldn't keep up, the only thing we knew is that he was dating a billionaire daughter. listening to his latest song this year Legalise, I shaked my head, this man still has it but lost the one thing that matters alot the "fame"

lil kesh

kesh is the reason why I don't blame mayorkun for sticking with davido all through this year's. maybe if he didn't leave olamide so soon he won't have turned to an upcoming artist. his genre of music has been filled by his kind with like of zlanta, naira marley, poco lee and the recent wave on the street portable. kesh had the fame but he couldn't handle it due to the path he chosed.

BLACK FACE

This man doesn't need an intro, he's been sympathised with all through the years by fans, friends and families (fff) for been a victim of a song robbery, african queen stolen by 2face.. he had the fame to renovate himself all through the years and make a comeback but unfortunately he couldn't, been the pillar of the defunct group plantation boys in the early 2000s, he had it all but a mismanagement of fame didn't really help. All he does to cry for a lost treasure and funny enough nigeria's don't take him serious no more. he caused it with his own hands.

ICE PRINCE
ZAmani, the man who made alot of nigerias love rap music. the oleku singer who was signed to choc city label became among the top artist making wave at that time within a short period of time. he was so loved as he brought series of rap hit singles, from been feature in samklef noni, superstar, to juju badman!....but all that begin to changed when he dived into doing what other artists were doing (party jam) just to please nigerias. to me that was the begining of his downfall.
he was known to be a rapper, why sing? if nigerias wants to listen to party jams they have wizkid for that, they have davido and alot of other musicians for that, he should have held his own which was hip-hop and by now he would have been a legend like his mentors before him, mi, ruggedman, eedris,naeto c.
though the last time we heard from him was a feature he got on "I like your waist in particular" which was a mega hit but ever since then nothing. ice Prince just couldn't handle fame, sometimes I wondered what really happened to him.

Note: King0G is no blogger but a music lover!
thank you

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by KiNg0G: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2022

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Joezinho: 11:17am On Jun 16, 2022
* Korede Bello never had talent. After dropping "Godwin" Korede has been barren like HumbleSmith..

* Blackface remains one of the most talented artist ever...Dude wrote almost all the songs Plantashun boiz had in their first album..

* Ice murdered his own career. He was one of the pioneers of new school hiphop but he delved into party jams...

* Lil kesh is just a talentless mofo..

* Mr eazi is the worst of them all. He used his mouth to end his career by saying Ghanaian music influenced Nigerian music.
The clown should have gone down on his knees and apologize to every music lover in Nigeria.

463 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Tonero5200: 11:22am On Jun 16, 2022
KiNg0G:
The goal of every celebrity is to be at the top and remain there for as long as they could, some did, some tried but couldn't... while some just let go of the fame and move to other meaningful businesses of their choice

here are my top 5 celebrity that couldn't handle fame

kOREDE BELLO

it's one thing to be talented and another to be prince charming.. kOREDE is an artist I won't say is that talented, he started young, signed to mavin with one of the most hotest hit single in nigeria of all time GOD WIN,. to the point his name was even changed to it. like they say one hit can keep you in the music business.. he had the fame all through that years just because of that song but too bad he couldn't capitalize on it, an opportunity alot of musicians are looking for till today.
even though is name will always ring a bell on our ears but his recent songs won't.

Mr, Eazi

when Eazi came out 2014, 2015 the whole industry shooked, wondering who is this wonder kid almost an extent he was dragged by two african countries, nigeria and ghana.
the nigeria born singer who spent quite some time of his life living in ghana was so talented with his thick voice and when he goes "high pitch" on a song they is way he does it till today I still haven't seen any artist that sound so "emotional" like the early mr Eazi sorta like post malone.. Dude was so different, came with a unique style and won next rated the following year unopposed, he even helped revived terry G career through a feature skin tight. it's so painful we don't know why he couldn't keep up, the only thing we knew is that he was dating a billionaire daughter. listening to his latest song this year Legalise, I shaked my head, this man still has it but lost the one thing that matters alot the "fame"

lil kesh

kesh is the reason why I don't blame mayorkun for sticking with davido all through this year's. maybe if he didn't leave olamide so soon he won't have turned to an upcoming artist. his genre of music has been filled by his kind with like of zlanta, naira marley, poco lee and the recent wave on the street portable. kesh had the fame but he couldn't handle it due to the path he chosed.

BLACK FACE

This man doesn't need an intro, he's been sympathised with all through the years by fans, friends and families (fff) for been a victim of a song robbery, african queen stolen by 2face.. he had the fame to renovate himself all through the years and make a comeback but unfortunately he couldn't, been the pillar of the defunct group plantation boys in the early 2000s, he had it all but a mismanagement of fame didn't really help. All he does to cry for a lost treasure and funny enough nigeria's don't take him serious no more. he caused it with his own hands.

ICE PRINCE
ZAmani, the man who made alot of nigerias love rap music. the oleku singer who was signed to choc city label became among the top artist making wave at that time within a short period of time. he was so loved as he brought series of rap hit singles, from been feature in samklef noni, superstar, to juju badman!....but all that begin to changed when he dived into doing what other artists were doing (party jam) just to please nigerias. to me that was the begining of his downfall.
he was known to be a rapper, why sing? if nigerias wants to listen to party jams they have wizkid for that, they have davido and alot of other musicians for that, he should have held his own which was hip-hop and by now he would have been a legend like his mentors before him, mi, ruggedman, eedris,naeto c.
though the last time we heard from him was a feature he got on "I like your waist in particular" was a mega hit but ever since then nothing. ice Prince just couldn't handle fame alot of musicians which they had.

Seun
lalasticlala

very spot on!
ice prince own pain me pass.
if somebody Tell me say na so the guy go lost for the music industry turn upcoming I nor go believe.
somebody when dey same rank with wizkid that year.
life sha

254 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Tolexander: 11:29am On Jun 16, 2022
I wanted to mention Portable, but you said musician

640 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Anny505(m): 11:34am On Jun 16, 2022
Honourable mention

Runtown

Olu maintain

Yung 6ix

237 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by KiNg0G: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2022
Anny505:
Honourable mention
Runtown
Olu maintain
Yung 6ix
your valid

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by VeryWickedGoat: 11:45am On Jun 16, 2022
Burna Boy is a murderer. He shot 2 people last week while laughing maniacally and is paying hungry bloggers to post good things about him so this ugly news won't trend.

Burna Boy is a murderer.

296 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Righthussle: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
Make them getat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Aburada: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
One thing I know in Nigeria music industry is that once you fall off, it's always harder to come back no matter how hard you try.

That's why the likes of Wizkid, Olamide and Davido deserve any respect people give them

218 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by SenatePresdo(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
The only Musician that can't handle fame is Burna Boy, I love his songs.

But the distance between Burna boy and sense is like the distance between Tinubu's hand and A Flag.

296 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Woleobi: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
where is Burnaboy in your list?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by bilo1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
Sadly;nothing last forever.What about bracket,brymo,jesse jagz,lkt,small doctor...

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Starboytwo(m): 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
I’m still out here looking for “Phenom”

That guy was a very dope arz rapper, just disappeared. I remember he was them mochedda label mate in knighhouse back then(maybe wrong)

I still remember one of his track “murder dem”

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Tifesingz: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
This is not about handling fame or all that bs.. music requires a lot of money for promotion and all that, the only thing that’s making them relevant is the help of label with money for promotion and all, the moment they stop being the label favourite or the end of their contract, they appear irrelevant because there’s no money to push the music lifestyle anymore.

Another point is the royalties, we have a lot of artistes that are raking millions of streams monthly without being popular on the media space like that.

So if an artist stop being popular in this modern age, it doesn’t mean they are broke or not cashing out.

Music business ehn, the more you see, the less you know.

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Dramadiddy(m): 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
Who fame help when people like Korede is making nothing less than 100,000 USD in a year on royalties.

Most of these guys you put up on this list were one of the first artistes back then to hit big numbers online even when online music wasn’t so popular, they already cashed out from that and are still cashing out

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
Some come to catch the wave, especially with new dance moves...the likes of slimcase, those azonto guys etc, Eazi still in the game

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
In music, every dog has its day.
There is time for everyone.
Some are lucky to stay in the limelight more than others.
And some lifespan are short.

The Kokomo be say : use your time well.

Addendum : if you penned down Blackface's name among your list, so what happens to Faze?! Or is he still on the Top 10 chart or something?!

If we start to dey write names of musicians in this category, paper go full yakata!

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by idu1(m): 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
It's just life.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Burna Boy is a murderer. He shot 2 people last week and is paying hungry bloggers to post good things about him so this ugly news won't trend.

Burna Boy is a murderer.
He murdered 2 people or shot 2 people or his security shot 2 people?!
This is new to some of us that comes here only at our leisure time.
Please clarify, let Nairalanders know more.
Thanks.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by obembet(f): 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
Op the list no complete

Olu maintain
tony Tenula
9ice
Chinwe Ike.. Resonance
Africa China... After crisis.. nothing agai
Djinee.. this one sing ego... And end there.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by bigcee(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
Balderdash undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by VeryWickedGoat: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
post=113865759:

He murdered 2 people or shot 2 people?!

He grilled them.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by flejnr2(f): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
Me Eazi is managing his well has a strong fan base outside Nigeria Uk/ghana am too sure whole Europe vibe him well

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Lexusgs430: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nothing last forever........ Enjoy every moment .........

Remember Tuface, he was once relevant in the music industry......

He is now semi retired.......... Enjoy your time ....... grin

24 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by dgitrader(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nothing last forever. Some of this artist made the best of it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by paulolee(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
wat of W4, Kas beats, durella, chuddi K, kelly handsome, sean tizzle, jesse jagz...omor d list long pass this o..
na dt sean tizzle own pain me pass...I remembered wen he won barna boy in headies next rated award n took d car simply bcoz sean tizzle uncle owns beat FM n was well connected and also barna wasnt mtn artist dt do sponsor headies back den..
burna vex leave dt venue dt day bcoz he was a clear winner, hits like yawa dey and run my race were. buzzing all clubs..
years letta, burna don win grammy n headies next rated don turn pastor.....rubbish

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Grilled.
....and you ate them with him?!
Auzubillah shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by kulikuli45: 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2022
Hm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / FREE 9ja Beats R&B Beats Hip Hop instrumentals For Your Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.