Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,025 members, 7,821,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too (2351 Views)

Twitter Hits Hard On Linda Ikeji, Remove Links From Her Blog Post / For Just #250/Month U Can Share Ur Blog Posts With My Over 150k Followers / Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by yungcheda(m): 9:32am On Jun 26, 2013
People call linda linda. I wrote a post on nairaland.com why linda would have failed if she started blogging 2013 and many people attacked me as if I shot the president.

I hope you know linda also copies some of her posts? however, in some of the copied posts, she links back but some she doesn't and no one castigates her Because she has been in the blogosphere.

I respect Linda but for some time on nairaland, what has been reigning is 'why copy and paste'. But no one cites Linda copies some posts too.

Nigerians, pakistans, indians want to kill blogging but I feel they won't succeed. Bite me... WESAYTECH.COM said so
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2013
Nobody is saying that Linda is the queen of African or Nigerian blogging industry. I don't even visit her blog. The last time i visited, i noticed that her blog is full of frivolities. In her blog, you can see something like: 'So so and so shows off her bikini body. Beautiful. Hehehe.' With a picture of a lady wearing a bikini. To me, that's useless. It has nothing to add to my life, business or career. That is the essence of blogging. When you go to blogs like mashable.com, smashingmagazine.com, copyblogger.com, problogger.net, entrepreneur.com, entrepreneurs-journey.com, and even this nigerian woman who is really making impact in blogging industry: romancemeetslife.com, you will learn tons of lessons on the niches they cover. Linda Ikeji blog is like a personal ranting blog. It's a general blog that doesnt base on a niche.

So if she copies her posts, and so what? Is she a measuring tape for blogging standard. If 2face starts blogging now, even if he writes, 'What's up' as his post, people will still comment and flood the website. Why? He has huge followers already. Even if he writes crappy posts, people will still be hailing him. So whether Linda writes original post or do copy and paste, people will be reading her blog especially Nigerians.

But for one to establish himself as an authority in the blogging industry, he must choose a niche, write consistent original articles, promote his blog and be persistent. It will take hard work, but it will pay off. With time, the person will become an authority in that niche and will have followers who will bookmark his blog. With this community of faithful followers, he can then advertise a product, maybe an ebook or an affiliate stuff to them, and because they have taken him as authority in that niche, they will buy the ads.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by yungcheda(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2013
Graphicplus...u r indeed wise! This was wat I said on my former nairaland post but many were blind to the fact. I was even surprised to see a popular Blogger I respect so much attack me here on NL. Was he scared of linda? I don't know !
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by oduz: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
cool
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by Olarewajub: 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
This what have been trying to voice out over the past few days. 81% of linda Ikeji post are copied post,. The only advantage Linda Ikeji has is just her popularity and another problem is that Nigerians prefer to read nonsense that would not add any value to their life. Like my brother earlier said, people fansy post like "Serena Williams" and her bikini body, tonto dikeh goes to the toilet, e.t.c, but when you post articles like how to maintain good health, water of life, how to be consistent in life e.t.c, you won't even get any comment. The question i keep asking is where are our future journalist? Not bragging, 95% of post on my blog are original and i will continue to blog even though i don't get any comment because i have the passion for blogging. If Blevopedia ain't posting, it ain't worth blogger. Just trying to be a reputable blogger. www.blevopedia..com
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by yungcheda(m): 11:27am On Jun 27, 2013
I just believe the blogs of any new copy cats will die a natural death
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by Engineer1985(m): 11:53am On Jun 27, 2013
Imitation is limitation! When you copy people's work, you can never grow. You need to be creative and produce things that are unique. In that way, you become a pacetter, pathfinder and a model others will look up to.
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by Slyr0x: 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
GraphicsPlus: The last time i visited, i noticed that her blog is full of frivolities. In her blog, you can see something like: 'So so and so shows off her bikini body. Beautiful. Hehehe.' With a picture of a lady wearing a bikini. To me, that's useless. It has nothing to add to my life, business or career

You are missing it bro. .What you call "frivolities" is actually her selling point. .

What you termed "useless" rakes in millions for her. .

Linda sells gossip. .After all, people like gossip and interesting bits of information: you only have to look at the number of celebrity-focused blog posts to realize that we have a huge appetite for discussing other people's lives.

All a blog needs to thrive is the Traffic. . .What brings in this traffic? Posts like
[LOOOK] Toolz shows off her big butt,
Female Pastor shows nipples during sermons,
Checkout Tonto Dikeh's new tattoo,
..and so on

Talking about adding value to people's lives, most people visit Linda's site just to have a laugh. .Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert. We can conclusively say she adds value to her followers.

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by funkymedina: 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Nobody is saying that Linda is the queen of African or Nigerian blogging industry. I don't even visit her blog. The last time i visited, i noticed that her blog is full of frivolities. In her blog, you can see something like: 'So so and so shows off her bikini body. Beautiful. Hehehe.' With a picture of a lady wearing a bikini. To me, that's useless. It has nothing to add to my life, business or career. That is the essence of blogging. When you go to blogs like mashable.com, smashingmagazine.com, copyblogger.com, problogger.net, entrepreneur.com, entrepreneurs-journey.com, and even this nigerian woman who is really making impact in blogging industry: romancemeetslife.com, you will learn tons of lessons on the niches they cover. Linda Ikeji blog is like a personal ranting blog. It's a general blog that doesnt base on a niche.

So if she copies her posts, and so what? Is she a measuring tape for blogging standard. If 2face starts blogging now, even if he writes, 'What's up' as his post, people will still comment and flood the website. Why? He has huge followers already. Even if he writes crappy posts, people will still be hailing him. So whether Linda writes original post or do copy and paste, people will be reading her blog especially Nigerians.

But for one to establish himself as an authority in the blogging industry, he must choose a niche, write consistent original articles, promote his blog and be persistent. It will take hard work, but it will pay off. With time, the person will become an authority in that niche and will have followers who will bookmark his blog. With this community of faithful followers, he can then advertise a product, maybe an ebook or an affiliate stuff to them, and because they have taken him as authority in that niche, they will buy the ads.

Graphicsplus ..but was the css of her contact form ok? Since that especially itches your ermm ..cough grin
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
Slyr0x:

You are missing it bro. .What you call "frivolities" is actually her selling point. .

What you termed "useless" rakes in millions for her. .

Linda sells gossip. .After all, people like gossip and interesting bits of information: you only have to look at the number of celebrity-focused blog posts to realize that we have a huge appetite for discussing other people's lives.

All a blog needs to thrive is the Traffic. . .What brings in this traffic? Posts like
[LOOOK] Toolz shows off her big butt,
Female Pastor shows nipples during sermons,
Checkout Tonto Dikeh's new tattoo,
..and so on

Talking about adding value to people's lives, most people visit Linda's site just to have a laugh. .Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert. We can conclusively say she adds value to her followers.

Well, i agree that she makes big money from her blog. But people like us will not bookmark or read that kind of blog. But does it matter? People like us may even be too small in number, so we make no difference to her traffic.
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by Slyr0x: 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

Well, i agree that she makes big money from her blog. But people like us will not bookmark or read that kind of blog. But does it matter? People like us may even be too small in number, so we make no difference to her traffic.

Exactly. .You got the drift. .

Same way some folks will call mashable.com "rubbish/inconsequential" .
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
funky medina:

Graphicsplus ..but was the css of her contact form ok? Since that especially itches your ermm ..cough grin

grin grin #OnPoint!!!

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
You expect her to be posting sermons on a gossip blog? Na wa ooo..
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by yungcheda(m): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2013
nobody is saying linda should stop blogging on gossip or its likes. All I am saying is that everyone respects her so much so even if she steals posts word for word, people wouldn't actually know because they think she got it first meanwhile she didnt
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by Ajibel(m): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
I dont understand what the Op is driving at here. Linda copies into her blog! So? If she copies and rakes in millions, she is doing it "right". If you Op start a blog stealing contents and later on make a lot from it, you wont come to NL and create this. I so much hate plagiarism buh when you identify your market and get the contents by whatever means, the money is the koko to you and whoever claims you are guilty of copying would be termed a hater by YOU!
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by ibietela2(m): 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Ajibel: I dont understand what the Op is driving at here. Linda copies into her blog! So? If she copies and rakes in millions, she is doing it "right". If you Op start a blog stealing contents and later on make a lot from it, you wont come to NL and create this. I so much hate plagiarism buh when you identify your market and get the contents by whatever means, the money is the koko to you and whoever claims you are guilty of copying would be termed a hater by YOU!

Don't worry the day she will be charged for that then you will know.
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by yungcheda(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
Nice word ibitela
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by aprokoboy: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
www.aprokoboy..com i don't copy
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by Sasuwa(f): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2016
GraphicsPlus:
Nobody is saying that Linda is the queen of African or Nigerian blogging industry. I don't even visit her blog. The last time i visited, i noticed that her blog is full of frivolities. In her blog, you can see something like: 'So so and so shows off her bikini body. Beautiful. Hehehe.' With a picture of a lady wearing a bikini. To me, that's useless. It has nothing to add to my life, business or career. That is the essence of blogging. When you go to blogs like mashable.com, smashingmagazine.com, copyblogger.com, problogger.net, entrepreneur.com, entrepreneurs-journey.com, and even this nigerian woman who is really making impact in blogging industry: romancemeetslife.com, you will learn tons of lessons on the niches they cover. Linda Ikeji blog is like a personal ranting blog. It's a general blog that doesnt base on a niche.

i hint to advice pls review my blog nitch physics tutorials www.physicslectures.info
Re: Linda Ikeji Copies Her Blog Posts Too by tityboi: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
All bloggers do even the white.they only twist words.linda copy most of her post from mediatakeout

(1) (Reply)

Can't Log In To Nairaland Using UC Browser / Naij.com Is The Highest Adsense Earner In Nigeria. Who Else Agrees? / Free Script To Check Domain Availability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.