Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

The Book Of God, What Happened? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of God, What Happened? (848 Views)

Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Book Of God, What Happened? by ayenny02(m): 10:29am On Jun 26, 2013
Can we doubt this BOOk or not, please I need explanation how these happened in the Book of God?

1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

* God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
* Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

* Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
* One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

* Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
* Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

* Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
* Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

* Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
* Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

6. Jesus descended from which son of David?

* Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
* Nathan(Luke3:31)

7. When Jesus said My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken Me ? in what language did he speak?

* Hebrew: the words are Eloi, Eloi ..(Matthew 27:46)
* Aramaic: the words are Eloi, Eloi .. (Mark   15:34)

8. According to the gospels, what were the last words of Jesus before he died?

* Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! (Luke 23:46)
* "It is finished" (John 19:30)

9. When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice. Did those who were with him hear the voice?

* Yes (Acts9:7)
* No (Acts22:9)

10. When Paul saw the light he fell to the ground. Did his traveling companions also fall to the ground?

* Yes (Acts 26:14)
* No (Acts 9:7)

11. Did the voice spell out on the spot what Pauls duties were to be?

* Yes (Acts 26:16-18)
* No. The voice commanded Paul to go into the city of Damascus and there he will be told what he must do. (Acts9:7;22: 10)

12. A large stone was placed at the entrance of the tomb. Where was the stone when the women arrived?

* They saw that the stone was Rolled back (Mark 16:4) They found the stone rolled away from the tomb (Luke 24:2) They saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb (John 20:1)

* As the women approached, an angel descended from heaven, rolled away the stone, and conversed with the women. Matthew made the women witness the spectacular rolling away of the stone (Matthew 28:1-6)

13. How many disciples did Jesus appear to after his resurrection?

* Twelve (I Corinthians 15:5)
* Eleven (Matthew 27:3-5 and Acts 1:9-26, see also Matthew 28:16; Mark 16:14 footnote; Luke 24:9; Luke 24:3 3

14. Who killed Goliath?

* David (I Samuel 17:23, 50)
* Elhanan (2 Samuel 21:19)

15. Who killed Saul?

* Saul took his own sword and fell upon it.... Thus Saul died... (I Samuel 31:4-6)
* An Amalekite slew him (2 Samuel 1:1- 16)

1 Like

Re: The Book Of God, What Happened? by Juell(m): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
1. In 2Samuel 24:1, God incited David to number Israel because God was angry with David. Ultimately, God wanted to teach David not to trust in his number of fighting men, but to trust in Him. So, He moved to let David count the fighting men of Israel. He used Satan to do it which is why in 1 Chronicles 21:1, it says Satan moved David to count the men. Both are true. God most probably either sent Satan or allowed Satan to incite David.

2. The solution to the difference in counts for Israel can be answered in the Hebrew
word for "valiant," which is "chayil" found in 2Samuel 24:9. It means, "men of valor, army,
host, etc." It means that the men numbered in 2 Samuel 24:9 were those with battle experience where the men of 1 Chronicles 21:5 were not. There were an additional 300,000 men ready for battle who had not yet experienced it. Therefore, 2 Sam. 24:9
numbers only the experienced men, where 1
Chronicles 21:5 numbers all men of battle
ready age.

3. Regarding Judah's number difference:
The solution is provided for us in the
following verse, 1 Chronicles 21:6, which says,
"But he did not number Levi and Benjamin
among them, for the king’s command was
abhorrent to Joab," (NASB). Verse six states
that the numbering process had not yet been
completed since the tribes of Levi and
Benjamin had not been numbered.

4. The answer to this lies in 2 Samuel 21:1:
"Then there was a famine in the days of
David three years, year after year; and
David enquired of the LORD. And the LORD
answered, It is for Saul, and for his bloody
house, because he slew the Gibeonites."
Notice also that it takes 9 months and 20
days to complete the numbering of the people
(2 Samuel 24:cool.
O.K. now put it all together. The scriptures
make it clear that at least 3 years of famine
have past before David begins to number the
people. 9 months and 20 days later David has
finished numbering the people. At this time
(At least 3 years, 9 months, and 20 days of
famine later plus the time between 2 Sam 21:1 and when David numbers the people), Gad
comes to David and offers him 3 choices:
1. 3 years of famine (This would make a total of 7 years since it is in addition to the 4 years that have already passed!)
2. 3 months of fleeing from his enemies
3. 3 days of pestilence
It is perfectly acceptable for the LORD to
offer David 3 more years of famine, or offer
him a total of 7 years of famine. There is no
contradiction!

5. It was quite common for Kings to govern
through a Regent, especially when quite young.
Alexander the Great, for instance, had a
Regent governing in Greece while he conquered the world. Sometimes the reign of a King was measured when the Regent started ruling in the King's name, other times it was measured from when the King took personal rule. Sometimes Regency was set for a certain number of years (like 10 years or 20 years) and other times it was set until the King reached a certain age. Obviously a Regent ruled for the first 20 years of Ahaziah's reign. One account (2 Kings) measures it to when the Regent was named for Ahaziah at age 22, the other (2 Chronicles) measures it to when Azahiah took personal control at age 42 after a 20 year Regency by a Regent.

Ayenny read this for now, so u won't get confused and if u hav any objections.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of God, What Happened? by benodic: 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
if you are looking for universal truths that will make your life better you will find it in the Holy books. and if you are looking for contradictions, you will also find plenty of it in the holy books. this is because whether you accept it or not, the holy books were written by man in his puny attempt to grasp and capture the glory and wisdom of God and like man can never be perfect or be the final or complete word of God.
the Word of God is the Holy Spirit which is within all souls and in it we live, move and have our being and can be experienced by going to the temple within .
Re: The Book Of God, What Happened? by ayenny02(m): 9:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
Juell: 1. In 2Samuel 24:1, God incited David to number Israel because God was angry with David. Ultimately, God wanted to teach David not to trust in his number of fighting men, but to trust in Him. So, He moved to let David count the fighting men of Israel. He used Satan to do it which is why in 1 Chronicles 21:1, it says Satan moved David to count the men. Both are true. God most probably either sent Satan or allowed Satan to incite David.
2 Samuel 24:1
24. Again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go and take a census of Israel and Judah.”

1 Chronicles 21:1
21. Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel.

N:B. GOD or SATAN just take one

Juell:
2. The solution to the difference in counts for Israel can be answered in the Hebrew
word for "valiant," which is "chayil" found in 2Samuel 24:9. It means, "men of valor, army,
host, etc." It means that the men numbered in 2 Samuel 24:9 were those with battle experience where the men of 1 Chronicles 21:5 were not. There were an additional 300,000 men ready for battle who had not yet experienced it. Therefore, 2 Sam. 24:9
numbers only the experienced men, where 1
Chronicles 21:5 numbers all men of battle
ready age.

3. Regarding Judah's number difference:
The solution is provided for us in the
following verse, 1 Chronicles 21:6, which says,
"But he did not number Levi and Benjamin
among them, for the king’s command was
abhorrent to Joab," (NASB). Verse six states
that the numbering process had not yet been
completed since the tribes of Levi and
Benjamin had not been numbered.

2 Samuel 24:9
9. Joab reported the number of the fighting men to the king: In Israel there were eight hundred thousand able-bodied men who could handle a sword, and in Judah five hundred thousand.

1 Chronicles 21:5
5. Joab reported the number of the fighting men to David: In all Israel there were one million one hundred thousand men who could handle a sword, including four hundred and seventy thousand in Judah.

N:B. (800,000 for MEN and 500,000 for judah. OR 1million 200,000 for Men and270,000 for judah) pls take ONE
Juell:
4. The answer to this lies in 2 Samuel 21:1:
"Then there was a famine in the days of
David three years, year after year; and
David enquired of the LORD. And the LORD
answered, It is for Saul, and for his bloody
house, because he slew the Gibeonites."
Notice also that it takes 9 months and 20
days to complete the numbering of the people
(2 Samuel 24:cool.
O.K. now put it all together. The scriptures
make it clear that at least 3 years of famine
have past before David begins to number the
people. 9 months and 20 days later David has
finished numbering the people. At this time
(At least 3 years, 9 months, and 20 days of
famine later plus the time between 2 Sam 21:1 and when David numbers the people), Gad
comes to David and offers him 3 choices:
1. 3 years of famine (This would make a total of 7 years since it is in addition to the 4 years that have already passed!)
2. 3 months of fleeing from his enemies
3. 3 days of pestilence
It is perfectly acceptable for the LORD to
offer David 3 more years of famine, or offer
him a total of 7 years of famine. There is no
contradiction!

2 Samuel 24:13

New International version

13. So Gad went to David and said to him, “Shall there come on you three years of famine in your land? Or three months of fleeing from your enemies while they pursue you? Or three days of plague in your land? Now then, think it over and decide how I should answer the one who sent me.”

COMPARE TO

King James Version (KJV)

13 So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, Shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three days' pestilence in thy land? now advise, and see what answer I shall return to him that sent me

N:B. (3 NIV) or (7 KJV)

1 Chronicles 21:12
12. three years of famine, three months of being swept away before your enemies, with their swords overtaking you, or three days of the sword of the Lord—days of plague in the land, with the angel of the Lord ravaging every part of Israel.’ Now then, decide how I should answer the one who sent me.”

PLEASE CHECK FOR YOURSELF, I don't need much talk just come back and tell me the result SIR

1 Like

Re: The Book Of God, What Happened? by Juell(m): 6:25am On Jun 27, 2013
No sir the 2 books are saying the same thing in different ways, so I can't select one. I know ur mission to discredit the bible has so blinded u that u won't see the truth in my explanations. The main reason am replying u is for those Christians who dnt study their bibles who might be deceived by ur false claims. U've provided an avenue for deep bible study..........hahahahahaha
Re: The Book Of God, What Happened? by ayenny02(m): 6:31am On Jun 27, 2013
Juell: No sir the 2 books are saying the same thing in different ways, so I can't select one. I know ur mission to discredit the bible has so blinded u that u won't see the truth in my explanations. The main reason am replying u is for those Christians who dnt study their bibles who might be deceived by ur false claims. U've provided an avenue for deep bible study..........hahahahahaha
If you continue to defend what you can't be able to do, definitely you will HUG THE TRANSFORMER at last. Just accept it that it is contradiction
Re: The Book Of God, What Happened? by Juell(m): 7:11am On Jun 27, 2013
ayenny02:
If you continue to defend what you can't be able to do, definitely you will HUG THE TRANSFORMER at last. Just accept it that it is contradiction

Ignorance is seriously at work in u, abi na lack of understanding sef. Read through my explanations wit a positive attitude and u'll get the gist.
Re: The Book Of God, What Happened? by Emusan(m): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2013
Is Quran free from error or contradcition?
Re: The Book Of God, What Happened? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
Emusan: Is Quran free from error or contradcition?
This guy has been following his mentor Dr Zaik Naik.... yes is koran free of contradiction?

(1) (Reply)

Hadith On Salat Ul Layl (the Night Prayer : Tahajud) / Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? / ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.