Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,919 members, 7,952,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? (863 Views)

Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2013
This is a topic that is been delibrated on by many christian folks but before i throw some light on it i will like you to give your opinion
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Speaking in tongues is a necessity for any christain..The bible says when you speak in tongues you speak the language only God can underastand..
The bible says in the book of Exodus that Moses' face was glowing after speaking with God that means that when you speak in tongues means you will be a light to this world

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? by fr3do(m): 9:58am On Sep 25, 2013
Dunno
is one not supposed to speak in tongues only when they are in the spirit,unconsiously?
What I see everywhere is people deliberately speaking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? by ayoku777(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2013
Speaking in tongues is compulsory for any christian who wants to live a victorious christian life in this age. When you speak in tongues, you speak in the wisdom of the most intelligent being in the universe. There are things God wants to do in the earth and through the church that we can't fully understand yet and even if we do understand it by the revelation of the Spirit, it will be impossible to fully articulate them in prayers using man-inspired words. Speaking in tongues is most perfect way to bring down God's kingdom and birth his purposes on the earth.

Secondly, life is like a maze. We don't know when to turn right or left or how far we should go in the direction we choose before we make another turn. It takes someone looking down from above on the maze to lead us out to the other side. When you speak in tongues, you pray with the wisdom of the one looking down from above on the maze of our lives. Without speaking in tongues, praying yourself out of challenges will be ten times as hard, coz you will only be praying generalized prayers like God help me.

Then thirdly, praying in tongues is the purest undefiled prayer we can pray into God's ears. In tongues, our understanding is unfruitful, our emotions are sidelined and our prejudices our suspended. Under this mode, we can pray God's will for our worst enemy and even people we think are most undeserving of our prayers. In tongues we superimpose God's will over our own carnal desires; infact the best way to say, 'Not my will but thy will be done' is to pray in tongues. You CANT pray amiss in tongues.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 25, 2013
fr3do: Dunno
is one not supposed to speak in tongues only when they are in the spirit,unconsiously?
....let me quote paul here in 1st corin 14v18 he said i tank ma God,i speak in tomgues more than ye all....dont u tink he does it all d tym n everywere n it certainly did pay off 4 him...as long as u re continually filled wit d holy spirit u cant speak rubbish
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? by ayoku777(m): 10:17am On Sep 25, 2013
fr3do: Dunno

Not so, the bible says 'the spirit of a prophet is subject to a prophet'. God does not take us over the way evil spirits do, his spirit bears witness WITH our spirit, meaning he does whatever he does in us with the cooperation of our spirit. WE speak as HE gives the utterance. He doesn't just speak through us, we open our mouths and he supplies the utterance.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Important And Compulsory For A Christian? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
Speaking in tongues is as important as being born again becus jesus said in john 3 dat a man is born again wen he is baptized wit water n d holy spirit...in mark 16v17 jesus said dese signs shal follow dem dat believe ....dey shal speak in new tongues....Jesus was tellin his disciples how to know d believin ones

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Leader Says Pope Francis‘resonates With The Muslim World’ / The Tower Of Babel / Understanding Islam For Dummies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.