Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

I Love This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Love This (2735 Views)

God knows I love Frank / I Love Her But The Spirit Using Her I Hate! / My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love This by texanomaly(f): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
I love this video. It is pretty cool. For God so loved the world...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBNpksB6yns

Here are two more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aup9M5HZawI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR8qIrJcJh4
Re: I Love This by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
Cool video!!!

Edit: I can only vouch for the first video wink
Re: I Love This by UyiIredia(m): 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
Depends on how one looks at it. You think it's a mark of love to sacrifice someone precious to save the world. I now think it's a mark of selfishness to kill a person in order to forgive sins.
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Depends on how one looks at it. You think it's a mark of love to sacrifice someone precious to save the world. I now think it's a mark of selfishness to kill a person in order to forgive sins.
Thank you for your view on the matter. I am grateful that we all have that right.
Re: I Love This by LarrySun(m): 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Depends on how one looks at it. You think it's a mark of love to sacrifice someone precious to save the world. I now think it's a mark of selfishness to kill a person in order to forgive sins.
I Wonder If You're A Christian.
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
Larry-Sun:
He has stated his opinion clearly throughout NL. I value all views. It is not mine to judge. Thank God!

1 Like

Re: I Love This by LarrySun(m): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
texanomaly:
He has stated his opinion clearly throughout NL. I value all views. It is not mine to judge. Thank God!
No One's Got The Right To Judge. Not Even She.
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
Larry where have you been?
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 2:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hello Nu-well
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Larry-Sun:
No One's Got The Right To Judge. Not Even She.
I don't think he was judging. I think he simply wanted to voice his opinion. I don't have to agree with it or accept it, but I do concede his right to have it.
Re: I Love This by nuwell(m): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
texanomaly: Hello Nu-well

Oops! Caught peeping. Hello Tex
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
nu-well:

Oops! Caught peeping. Hello Tex
hello, do u like the video?
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
I have another, especially for those who believe science proves God does not exist. I need to find it. Then I will post it.
Re: I Love This by UyiIredia(m): 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I have dropped the religion. Quite unlikely I'll return though, I intend to reappraise it.
Re: I Love This by LarrySun(m): 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I have dropped the religion. Quite unlikely I'll return though, I intend to reappraise it.
It's Your Bad If You Don't Take It Back.
Re: I Love This by LarrySun(m): 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
texanomaly: Larry where have you been?
I've Been Here And There.
Re: I Love This by CrazyMan(m): 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
I still don't get it.

Now according to the scriptures, Satan rebelled against God and was casted down from heaven along with a third of the heavenly host.

They were all casted down to earth.

God created man (knowing fully well that the devil resides here on earth) blessed him and placed him here on earth. (Genesis 1:27)

Now we had satan and his followers, a bunch of banished coupist serving their time on earth (God's prison)

And God's creatures made in his image and likeness on the same earth...man was bound to fall right from the day he was created.

Now to the video...

John 3:16 tells us of God's love for us and how he sent his only son to die for us.

If I claim to love my son, show him off to all my friends by telling them how proud I am of him, then lynch him simply because he disobeyed me, what kind of father would the world see me as?

The ending part of John 3:16 (...shall not perish...) contradicts the fist line of the passage (For God so loved the world...)

The word perish isn't synonymous with the love he has for us.

why put children you created in your image and likeness in hell?

I believe there should be punishment for sinners, but consuming them in hell isn't a fair punishment.

If I tell my son "if you don't want to perish/die don't disobey me" is that love?

Surely it isn't...its an open threat to make him aware of how he would be tortured by me if he eventually disobey...now he wouldn't disobey me because he loves and respect me, but because he's scared of what me (his loving father) would do to him if he disobey me.

That's not love!
Re: I Love This by LarrySun(m): 3:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
Crazy, You're Premises Are Arguable But The Reasoning Behind Them Are Plainly Ludicrous. God Showed His Love To The World By Giving It Jesus His Son. Jesus Came To The World As A Saviour To Those Who Believe In Him, Because He's God Himself. He Didn't Come To The World To Force People To Believe Him, He Gave Man The Choice To Choose Between Life And Death. You Don't Have To Believe In Him If You Don't Want To, That's Of Course If You Have A Death Wish. You Cannot Distrust Your Father And Still Expect Him To Protect You.
Re: I Love This by UyiIredia(m): 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
texanomaly: I have another, especially for those who believe science proves God does not exist. I need to find it. Then I will post it.

I would so live to talk about the bolded. Here goes:

Science DOES NOT disprove God's existence. In strict terms, proof applies to maths but that's by the way. I need not explain that evolution is the science which poses a challenge not just to Christianity but the idealist position (inherent in Christianity). The evidence for evolution is talk for another day so I'll focus on science. Science employs what is known as the scientific method, which involves: observation, hypothesis, experiments and conclusion. Thee stated activities involve an interplay of empirical facts and rationalizations. In as much as science looks to the material world it is human reasoning which makes it tick. It is human reason that profers explanations for what's observed, it's reason that designs experiments (and notes flaws in them), it's reason that makes telescopes, laproscopes etc to overcome the limitations of the senses. The human ability to reason cannot be accounted for by matter on its own. Therefore, I have part-basis to infer an intelligence behind matter.

"All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force...We
must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and
intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter."
- Max Planck (credited with founding the early quantum theory).
Re: I Love This by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Crazy, You're Premises Are Arguable But The Reasoning Behind Them Are Plainly Ludicrous. God Showed His Love To The World By Giving It Jesus His Son. Jesus Came To The World As A Saviour To Those Who Believe In Him, Because He's God Himself. He Didn't Come To The World To Force People To Believe Him, He Gave Man The Choice To Choose Between Life And Death. You Don't Have To Believe In Him If You Don't Want To, That's Of Course If You Have A Death Wish. You Cannot Distrust Your Father And Still Expect Him To Protect You.

All you've done is rant and repeat the 'nonsense' we're used to hearing.

You failed to show how his reasoning was ludicrous.

Anyways, faith makes reason ludicrous.

1 Like

Re: I Love This by UyiIredia(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
Larry-Sun:
It's Your Bad If You Don't Take It Back.

Of course you'll say that, for reasons that are obvious to me. There are things I'm considering which you MAY have overlooked, or are plain ignorant of.
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
@ Crazyman First of all Jesus did nothing wrong to be punish for. He volunteered. He chose to take this on himself. I am not a theologian. I don't have all the answers. I only know what I believe, and what I have felt first hand. I am only stating my belief. I give you your right to believe the way you choose. Please give me the same right.
Re: I Love This by UyiIredia(m): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
musKeeto:

"Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any
kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith." - Max Planck.

Faith, I take to be belief. Reason, I take to be justification or contemplation of a belief. They are 2 sides of a coin which complement each the other.
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
@Uyi Iredia Evaluation is not a proven fact. It is a theory. I agree that science does not disprove Gods existence. I believe, as a scientist, it is impossible to not believe in God. Thank you again for commenting.
Re: I Love This by joni2time: 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
Incase u forgot , it was whn man committed that sin
Before he was casted down to earth. GOD being
Benevolent gave man the opportunity to choose b/w
Good nd evil. Then whn u compare GOD,s love with that of man, I will start asking questions about ur state of mind. Cause the gift of life is enuf love talkless of sending his only son to die for our sins .
Re: I Love This by LarrySun(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
musKeeto:

All you've done is rant and repeat the 'nonsense' we're used to hearing.

You failed to show how his reasoning was ludicrous.

You Should Read Your Bible More Often.
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith." - Max Planck.

Faith, I take to be belief. Reason, I take to be justification or contemplation of a belief. They are 2 sides of a coin which complement each the other.
Thank you for that insight.
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Thank you for valiantly defending what you believe.
Re: I Love This by UyiIredia(m): 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2013
texanomaly: @Uyi Iredia Evaluation is not a proven fact. It is a theory. I agree that science does not disprove Gods existence. I believe, as a scientist, it is impossible to not believe in God. Thank you again for commenting.

Theory and facts go together. While I thoroughly disbelieve the theory (on which I'm well-informed), for reasons which I can articulate when I'm chanced, I think you should know why evolutionists themselves say it is fact. Well, madam, the fact is there are lots of scientists who don't believe God and think science has shown the idea of God useless - I differ. I'll take the bolded to mean that the structure as revealed (and explained by science) in our natural world connotes a God behind it.
Re: I Love This by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Funny thing's I agree with this.

But it doesn't describe religious faith.
Re: I Love This by texanomaly(f): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
joni2time: Incase u forgot , it was whn man committed that sin
Before he was casted down to earth. GOD being
Benevolent gave man the opportunity to choose b/w
Good nd evil. Then whn u compare GOD,s love with that of man, I will start asking questions about ur state of mind. Cause the gift of life is enuf love talkless of sending his only son to die for our sins .
Okay, I am sorry, truly. I don't understand what you are saying here. I can not comment on it.
Re: I Love This by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Sorry, I don't read magic books, though I'd read Harry Potter any day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Woo A Born Again "Spirit Filled" Christian Sister. / Did Elisha Sin Here? / Why Did God Not Protect The Kids Shot And Killed At Owo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.